Rip Stephen Hawking.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I didn't see this coming although I am not surprised. RIP

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Obviously sucks that he passed away, but I have to say that I'm impressed that he lived to 76. RIP.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Just read it on the news. Rip, Stephen Hawking.
He was an inspiration.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who will take his place, that is the question at hand.

RIP.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's a sad day...

A great mind lost.... My thoughts are with his family...

xROTx

PS. I changed the thread title... it'd prob be best to get his name right...

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've always admired Stephen Hawking. Thank you for your inspiration. May you rest in peace.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
wow big news. now he is free from that chair. may he rest in peace.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
He died on Einstein's birthday and Pi Day.

Maybe he now knows if his theory of there being no god is valid or not.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
He's dead in *this* universe, sure.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The day of his death when factored into his life is intriguing to say the least. He left his mark on humanity.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I read of his passing this morning and immediately came here, knowing you guys would be talking about it.

It sucks, but he lead a much longer and fuller life than anyone thought possible. He was only given two years to live when he was given his prognosis. I've read one of his books. Very good read about black holes. Thankfully we still have a few brilliant minds in physics left on this earth. I'm unsure how "useful" Stephen was these last few years with his condition getting worse and worse. :(

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
RIP. He was a game changer when it comes to cosmology and physics. I don't personally admire him, since he was an ungrateful asshole toward his wife. But I can't deny his huge contributions to science.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
News of his death caught me by surprise this morning as well. The world of physics will definitely be poorer without that shining star, RIP.

I bet the asking prices on his awesome Playmates World of Springfield Simpsons action figures will be jumping up shortly, if they haven't already.

simpsons stephen hawking.jpg

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Wonder if some maverick doctor will keep his brain as a personal souvenir like what happened to Einstein

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
He had a long and fruitfull life considering the hand he was dealt, a deep thinker with razor sharp intellect and a very funny. witty chap to boot.
A lifelong atheist, his comment, "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail.
'There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark".
just about sum's up religion, god and an afterlife to me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
RIP. He was a game changer when it comes to cosmology and physics. I don't personally admire him, since he was an ungrateful asshole toward his wife. But I can't deny his huge contributions to science.

I'd also add his endurance to live on as one of his qualities. Given his condition, he carried his cross well. R.I.P.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

So if someone in the future cures cancer or brings the world together to abolish nuclear weapons, you will not personally admire him if he was mean to his wife? :keke:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
So if someone in the future cures cancer or brings the world together to abolish nuclear weapons, you will not personally admire him if he was mean to his wife? :keke:

You know what I mean. I'm not going to put him up on a pedestal. I'm not going to pretend he's something he's not. Just like Gandhi not allowing his wife to take life saving medicine but then taking medicine himself when his life was in danger. Or Mother Teresa letting sick people suffer so they could be "closer to god."

Turn it around. Someone become helpless, but his wife commits her life to taking care of him. He dumps her for the visiting nurse. You admire this person?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads...

Guy just died.... let's cut the "But he left his wife shit..."...

How many celebrities that have passed away in recent years... had perfect personal lives...

Now some respect.... Thx...

xROTx