Thread: Brooks Dreamcast Adapter

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student

Brooks Dreamcast Adapter

If I didn't have DZ's old Sanwa-modded Agetec stick, I'd snag this up instantly.

• Accepts FightSticks, wired and wireless Playstation 3/4 gamepads, and amongst other original and 3rd party PS3 and PS4 compatible peripherals.
    • Supports mapping a single or combination of buttons to a Turbo function for rapid fire play.
    • Ability to hot-swap peripherals without unplugging the device from the console.
    • Vibration and Turbo support.
    • Mappable buttons from peripheral to Dreamcast control
    • X-Input support

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Hardened Shock Trooper

I’ve been hoping for a Dreamcast USB adapter for a long time now. Awesome news as long as isn’t as much of a cock-up as their Neo Geo one...

This is interesting. A Xbox 360/One connector would be even better since its a similar layout to the original pad but better.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Bashful Neophyte

The dual shock layout is, ahem, not my preferred way to play games, but the ability to use USB controllers is certainly interesting. Wonder how the lag is.

Good to hear it has updatable firmware, hopefully that means custom button mappings, I have a couple of those Tototek adapters and you have to hope the game you're playing supports remapping because their default mapping is terrible with arcade sticks (and you can't change it afaik).

Hardened Shock Trooper

This is more for the arcade stick side of things than using a Dual Shock...

Get that HRAP on with some Power Stone and Capcom vs SNK
    Last edited by -SD-; 03-13-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    This is more for the arcade stick side of things than using a Dual Shock...

Get that HRAP on with some Power Stone and Capcom vs SNK
    Yup, exactly. Pads would be nice, but I think the big value here is for teh sticks.

And yeah - I do think button config is a feature. Says "custom buttons" on the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Damn this is great news for those who need it. With this and then new set of SEGA GENESIS SATURN and DREAMCAST controllers, old SEGA consoles are getting alot of support lately.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

I wonder how the lag will be.

Really surprised no one has done lag tests on their other converters to see what their base lag is other than UFB.

With this in mind I guess it would depend upon your stick as not all are created equal. Definitely will pick this up if it turns out good.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 03-13-2018 at 10:18 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Armored Scrum Object

Color me intrested, I was just gonna get a Sega Saturn adapter for my dreamcast and use my saturn stick but this could be better :/, I would like to know about input lag myself though hmmm

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

pretty cool to have one in your stick bag incase you need it. But for the money id rather just install an MC Cthulhu in my stick.
    Also really wish they had kept the cable on the adapter black
    ***CLICK HERE FOR FIGHTCADE TUTORIAL***

TWITTER: MountainDewFKR
    PSN: MountainDewFKR
    FIGHTCADE: MountaindewFKR

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Mr. Big's Thug

I have been asking Brook about this since they released the Neo Geo one 12 months ago, I'm so glad they are bringing this out and I suspect a Saturn version isn't far behind.

I have the Brook Neo and PS1/2 converters and they work perfectly, although both needed some firmware updates before they worked as intended. Jasen Hicks has an early sample here: https://youtu.be/cAJZCjdoU4c but it seems like with the previous adapters still needs some tweaking to the Firmware, I'm sure it will get sorted for launch or shortly after. Brook support their products extremely well in my expireince.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

For anyone with the brooks neo adapter I figured this out for a friend that had issues with certain button layouts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AJtheMishima; 03-21-2018 at 11:53 AM.

GAMER > COLLECTOR

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Would be cool if someone would make short length cables for db15, 6ft is a lot. Something like 3 feet. The undamned decoder I have would benefit from that instead of hanging. Pic below is my giant daisy chained spider fire death trap.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Mr. Big's Thug

Brook has already issued out a new firmware to sort out the button mapping issues from Jasen Hick’s first video, a new one has been uploaded detailing the update here : https://youtu.be/fZ0fOdIZnR0

I’m looking forward to getting my DC out when this comes in and playing some Capcom vs SNK with a decent stick!

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

nah, all they did was release another round of button presets, does not fix the custom mapping problem. My buddy works for arcade shock who is the only shop carrying them since they were made for AS.
    In the end, the undamned is superior in every way. Really no point in purchasing the brook neo adapter unless you just like limiting what you can use the unit for. Undamned db15 is versatile af and easy to map
    Last edited by AJtheMishima; 03-22-2018 at 07:30 AM.

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Thread Information