Weekly Gaming Roundup 3/12

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Dont knoe where Greg is and havent seen this thread in a while. Loads played this week

NES
Tengen Tetris
Jackal
Ice Hockey

SNES
TMNT IV
Tetris Attack

N64
Ocarina of Time

Saturn
Panzer Dragoon

Wii U
Captain Toad

PS1
Silent Hill - just started this today. I love the environment as it's my first play through of the first game
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

PS2
Max Payne

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Are you playing Fire Pro World on Steam? It’s very good.

3DS: Project x Zone 2 - this is a long game, hoping to finish it this week hopefully

Genesis:

Castle of Illusion
Vapor Trail
Chiki chiki Boys
Sonic
Streets of Rage

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Are you playing Fire Pro World on Steam? It’s very good.

3DS: Project x Zone 2 - this is a long game, hoping to finish it this week hopefully

Genesis:

Castle of Illusion
Vapor Trail
Chiki chiki Boys
Sonic
Streets of Rage

Sadly no, I have to wait for the PS4 release.

How does it compare to D, Returns and Six Man Scramble?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I haven’t played D but compared to 6MS and Returns it is great. Pretty much expands on everything from Returns, more edit parts and moves. In terms of logic there is new move slots and way more priority slots (10 or 12, can’t remember right now) and the new stages look great. There is fewer of them, but hopefully they will add them in soon. They have a deal NJPW for their license so the PS4 version will have whatever that mode will be plus Management of the ring from fire pro advance.

The game just comes with fictional defaults, so you will have to do some downloading. Their are some amazing edit makers out there

I think once it is complete this will be the best fire pro ever

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think i've run out of games to play

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PS4:
Dragonball fighterz - I havent touched another game since this one came out. Its currently the middle of our Ranbat season and I'm practicing as much as i can. Current team is Android 16, Cell, Vegeta

Ip Man

15 Year Member
PS4:
Dragonball fighterz - I havent touched another game since this one came out. Its currently the middle of our Ranbat season and I'm practicing as much as i can. Current team is Android 16, Cell, Vegeta

you really liking it?. would you compare it or recommend it to fans of the marvel vs games?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SEGA CD: Just got a model 2 recently and really loving it. Wish i got one way sooner. Went a little crazy on building a instant "collection" and catching up on all the games ive been meaning to play all these years.

SNATCHER - You already know I had to give this game a shot right away. It lived up to the hype too. Just finished a few days ago and overall I kind of liked it better then Policenauts which i also finished recently. Both games were VERY similar. Policenauts wins at having much better lightgun implementation, a better soundtrack, and a more satisfying conclusion to the plot but Snatcher IMO wins at everything else. Especially graphics which look amazing on my monitor. The SEGA CD really is a beast.

Popful Mail - This is the main reason I have always wanted a SEGA CD ever since I was kid. More then any other game. I did try playing it on an emulator but it just didnt feel right. I just need to find some time to really dig in.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PS4

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt-Third playthrough, first on PS4.

Dark Souls III-Got the 'wedding' ending, which was cool to see.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice-Legit awesome game and WELL worth the $20 I paid for it on PSN. I'd have paid full price for it. MUST USE HEADPHONES.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
SNES
Brainlord *just picked a game of the shelf I hadn't tried yet, and put some hours into it on the weekend*
Demon's Crest *beat it...was surprised it was so quick, found out there are 4 endings, lol*
Secret of Evermore* going to try to make it past the 'Roman' world this time...

Ip Man

15 Year Member
SNES
Brainlord *just picked a game of the shelf I hadn't tried yet, and put some hours into it on the weekend*
Demon's Crest *beat it...was surprised it was so quick, found out there are 4 endings, lol*
Secret of Evermore* going to try to make it past the 'Roman' world this time...

if i played brainlord back in the day i would of loved it. but i first played it in my 30's and found it too tedious to finish.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
GBA:
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
I've got Sora at level 71 and I'm just about to start the 13th world; the end should be in sight! The last boss battle I fought with Riku was an absolute bitch--I had to do some grinding and resort to GameFAQs for a strategy, 'cuz I just could not crack that nut by myself (zero cards to cancel his specials is the key to victory).

NDS:
- Away Shuffle Dungeon
Still plugging along. Got the main character, Sword (super original name for an RPG, right?), up to level 30 and it feels like I'm near the climax, story-wise.
- Sports Collection
Finally unlocked all 15 sporting events and earned trophies/medals for them on all but the hardest difficulty. "Beach Tennis", the final one I unlocked, which I thought would be volleyball with a strange name choice, just turned out to be tennis . . . at the beach . . . who the fuck plays tennis at the beach? Volleyball, yes, tennis, hell no!

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
you really liking it?. would you compare it or recommend it to fans of the marvel vs games?

I would recommend it to to fans of MvC. There are a lot of similarities but also many differences that allow it to stand alone. There are way more universal mechanics in DBFZ that put the cast on a more even playing field. Its also easier to get into because of that. At first glance it may come off as simplistic, but it is anything but. Execution isn't huge but theirs tons of depth when it comes to the universal mechanics, and team composure.

Ive got friends who aren't DB fans, but love the game, and many MvC 2,3,I players in our scene are loving it as well.