Best board games - video game edition

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
What are the best board games which were digitized for consoles? I know there is Monopoly and Clue...what's good and on what system...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I remember playing a lot of Risk on Genesis. It was cool because it cut down on the setup time of the board game and just made things flow faster. However, I think there was some sort of flaw in the program logic for the game that kept screwing us over. I cannot remember what it was exactly.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
not strictly digitized and pre-rendered i'm aware of....
battle chess for the cbm-amiga/wb os and pc-win 98 upwards. :D

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Monopoly on NES/Genesis. The Genesis version supports 8 players, but I never got to test it that way - so, may as well vouch for the NES version which did have 4 player capability by passing around two controllers between players. Both versions are essentially the same. My friends and I have tried other Monopoly games, even on recent consoles, but found issues with them - speed of play, glitches, etc. We consider the NES version our go-to.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Super Uno for Super Famicom and Uno DX for Saturn are both great versions of the card game, the Saturn version especially.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I've had some fun with Talisman and Settlers of Catan since I have no friends to play with IRL. Does Culdcept Saga count? I remember having a lot of fun with the 360 one.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Does anyone have Tabletop Simulator on Steam? I think it looks really interesting since people can make board games and put them up for download

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
I used to play the hell out of Monopoly on any system I could get it on.

Man, I remember Clue the game, but, I don't remember if I ever played it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There can be no discussion of Monopoly without the Master System version.