Think my PSP is bricked, any help?

Genki

n00b
I came across a silver PSP today and it worked but had old firmware 3,something. So I went ahead and upgraded to 6.61 and after sitting on the firmware upgrade for a while, the display went dark.

It was plugged to AC power the whole time. After about 10 minutes of nothing, I checked. Power LED comes on but the display remains dark. I tried holding R button to get in recovery console but nothing came up. Also I couldn't turn off by holding the power switch, I had to unplug it. I think it's bricked.

I have another PSP also a 2000 with TA-88v2 motherboard that has permanent CFW 6.60. From what I can tell on the internet, this can't be used to make pandora battery. Is there any other way to unbrick the PSP? I tried eBay and there's only one listing but I am not spending $80 or so for a bundle just for a battery, and Aliexpress has none.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I think you're just shit out of luck. It'd be cheaper to buy another psp these days than a battery. I have a psp that I was literally playing then it ran out of charge and has never worked since. They're not the most reliable systems out there.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
web search on how to make a pandora battery.
the psp chunky is the way to go (quite cheap vs other psps) battery can be flashed using the console.
use the newly created pandora battery to attempt to unbrick slim psps.
outside creating or buying a pandora battery, above said it best.
keep on the lookout for a cheap psp chunky with it's official battery, and flash it.
all the best. :p

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I have a Pandora kit still, I can assist probably. I'm in Southeastern Michigan

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
The idea sony had behind the pandora (service) battery still baffles me, pretty clever

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just unboxed all our different PSPs recently as I've been setting up the new gameroom, and all the slim batteries were puffed up from the acid inside. Luckily, there was no leakage since they're really well contained, but ironically, it's the original PSP's battery that is still alive and well.
At least the slims are still useful for connecting to the tv via component.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I just unboxed all our different PSPs recently as I've been setting up the new gameroom, and all the slim batteries were puffed up from the acid inside. Luckily, there was no leakage since they're really well contained, but ironically, it's the original PSP's battery that is still alive and well.
At least the slims are still useful for connecting to the tv via component.

Yep, happened to my slim as well. And second-hand batteries are highly sought after (and priced as such).

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Never even heard about this problem with the slim before. Just checked my battery and it's swollen too... that sucks. I also didn't know about the issue with the clock capacitor in the OG Xbox until recently... luckily mine were ver 1.6 when I checked and don't have the issue. Apparently, a lot of old Xboxessss sitting around are becoming paperweights due to this.