Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,064

    Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong-un to meet 'as soon as possible'

    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst
    Posts
    11,118
    I nearly choked on my weetbix this morning reading that.



    !!

  3. #3
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    15,978
    Maybe they'll both choke and die simultaneously


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  4. #4
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,249
    Dotard x Rocket Man yaoi hentai please
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  5. #5
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    9,243
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...92995737096192

    I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting. They seem to be in good health. Also, good meeting with Kim Jong Un. Date & Place set.
    Now, obviously he's trying to hype up the return of the hostages, here, but what if the plane lands and it turns out he meant, like, Dennis Rodman, Rain, and Gackt?
    Only Rot can judge me.

  6. #6
    Scottish And Proud.
    We All Have Our
    Burdens To Bear.
    JockMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auld Reekie
    Posts
    2,461
    After pulling out of the Iran deal, Trump is going to meet Kim Jong-un just to tell him he's a fagit to his face and see what happens.

  7. #7
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by JockMan View Post
    After pulling out of the Iran deal, Trump is going to meet Kim Jong-un just to tell him he's a fagit to his face and see what happens.
    Do not put this past Donald.
    If this where the 1800s some wise old plains chief would dub Trump Fox who wears ten masks and bares Coyote teeth
    IgP waz here


  8. #8
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,064
    The North just cancelled scheduled talks with the South in response to SK/US military drills.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  9. #9
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    The North just cancelled scheduled talks with the South in response to SK/US military drills.
    Them drills where obvious provocation. Does Trump really want to meet Kim? Sly old fox
    IgP waz here


  10. #10
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    31,400
    1. Xi becomes president for life

    2. Shortly afterwards, invites Kim to Beijing. This is the first trip Kim has made outside NK in 7 years.

    3. Less than a month later, Kim and SK president meet, talk for peace.

    4. May 8th, Kim is back in Beijing for a secret meeting.

    5. May 16th, peace talks cancelled.

    Something is going on here.

  11. #11
    點擊我的鏈接。
    觸摸我的乳頭。
    Poison Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Erogenous Zone
    Posts
    5,882
    Seems like Trump really wants that Nobel Peace Prize.


  12. #12
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    9,243
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    1. Xi becomes president for life

    2. Shortly afterwards, invites Kim to Beijing. This is the first trip Kim has made outside NK in 7 years.

    3. Less than a month later, Kim and SK president meet, talk for peace.

    4. May 8th, Kim is back in Beijing for a secret meeting.

    5. May 16th, peace talks cancelled.

    Something is going on here.
    Not saying you're wrong, but this sounds like the way talks with North Korea typically go, with or without outside interference. We just haven't had POTUS touting their success before the fact in previous negotiations.
    Only Rot can judge me.

  13. #13
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst
    Posts
    11,118
    I was going to say something must have occurred between Xi and Kim because the peace talks and ceremonial bullshit with the South Koreans came out of fucking nowhere.

    If it wasn't for the US this would've been resolved long ago.



    !!

  14. #14
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    4,031
    I blame the biased media coverage for the news coming from nowhere. Anytime you heard anything from Western media about North Korea it was eithee FUD or warmongering. Western media never actually covered that country in any other way and most people don't even read KCNA (although it is under DDoS a lot of the time an unreachable) or relevant Chinese news. All of the times I ever read KCNA, only a small percentage is what is reflected by what western media reports.

    And strangely (but not strange at all) often western media will invent quotes from KCNA, which is even worse.

    I think it is more likey not a "come from nowhere" situation and more of a "we haven't actually been paying enough attention" situation.

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

  15. #15
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    I blame the biased media coverage for the news coming from nowhere. Anytime you heard anything from Western media about North Korea it was eithee FUD or warmongering. Western media never actually covered that country in any other way and most people don't even read KCNA (although it is under DDoS a lot of the time an unreachable) or relevant Chinese news. All of the times I ever read KCNA, only a small percentage is what is reflected by what western media reports.

    And strangely (but not strange at all) often western media will invent quotes from KCNA, which is even worse.

    I think it is more likey not a "come from nowhere" situation and more of a "we haven't actually been paying enough attention" situation.
    I'd like to see some examples of this because I'm being bombarded with pleas for me to ignore what my local media outlets tell me and I want to know if I should start doing so.

    And what, if I do, I should fall back on I guess.

  16. #16
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    I'd like to see some examples of this because I'm being bombarded with pleas for me to ignore what my local media outlets tell me and I want to know if I should start doing so.

    And what, if I do, I should fall back on I guess.
    Mate I think cutting news out of my life was a great move. Did wonders for my mental health and for what I considered important to me. There are people who will fight the good fight but I am not one of them, I'm just a pleb trying to get by in life. Whatever opinion I have will change nothing for the powers that be. So when I stopped giving a shit about news, I felt better.

    As for trustworthy news sites concerning NK, I agree. There is so much BS about NK it's ridiculous. It's a shit country, absolutely, but when the news reports there was a massive cave avalanche or whatever and now all the NK nuclear scientists are dead and so that's why NK is going to talk about peace...yeahhhhhhh.

    I guess, what my rambling on is getting at, is to always follow the source. And to be honest that's a bit much asking for someone to truly care about what's happening a world over, with no consequences on your life in your home.

    I dislike using the term 'fake news' because it's what Trump has been trying to deflect with, but geez louise it certainly exists, and the fearmongering is not something I want to care about.

  17. #17
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Mate I think cutting news out of my life was a great move. Did wonders for my mental health and for what I considered important to me. There are people who will fight the good fight but I am not one of them, I'm just a pleb trying to get by in life. Whatever opinion I have will change nothing for the powers that be. So when I stopped giving a shit about news, I felt better.

    As for trustworthy news sites concerning NK, I agree. There is so much BS about NK it's ridiculous. It's a shit country, absolutely, but when the news reports there was a massive cave avalanche or whatever and now all the NK nuclear scientists are dead and so that's why NK is going to talk about peace...yeahhhhhhh.

    I guess, what my rambling on is getting at, is to always follow the source. And to be honest that's a bit much asking for someone to truly care about what's happening a world over, with no consequences on your life in your home.

    I dislike using the term 'fake news' because it's what Trump has been trying to deflect with, but geez louise it certainly exists, and the fearmongering is not something I want to care about.
    If you don't follow the news, how do you know what is real or fake? Are you basing your assertions on facts or feelings?
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  18. #18
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    If you don't follow the news, how do you know what is real or fake? Are you basing your assertions on facts or feelings?
    I do follow it at times. There are bad news sources, sure. Fox News is fake news, for sure - no news there but outlandish outrage. But when it comes to NK, for example, the western news is just going by something said from a SK news source that cited a rumor. So, from rumor, to SK news, to news in America. Always follow the source.

    The facts are always the most important. Absolutely.

  19. #19
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    I'd like to see some examples of this because I'm being bombarded with pleas for me to ignore what my local media outlets tell me and I want to know if I should start doing so.

    And what, if I do, I should fall back on I guess.
    I see people saying this also and think it is the wrong approach. I have always thought you should get information from multiple sources and figure it out for yourself. This would be from national news, talk radio (aka opinion), religious nutjobs or other countries. You just need to figure out how to filter the actual information from opinion. You also need to be aware that propaganda is used constantly and all governments lie. Then you can take these "Facts" and those "facts" and figure out which you think is true, or you can just discard it if it isn't actually important.

    Like many news stories are out there on TV or websites or radio or whatever that are just straight up gossip, like they pulled a theme out of a soap opera or sitcom. It depends on what you care about, but I tend not to care much about those types of news stories.

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

  20. #20
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    It depends on what you care about, but I tend not to care much about those types of news stories.
    This has been the biggest change in news for me, from my perspective. In the past you sat down and watched the 6pm news from beginning to end and got a flavour of a variety of things. Now I click online and actively avoid huge chunks of the news.

    Personal tragedy? What can I do with that, ignored.
    Celebrity gossip? What do I care, ignored.
    Cricket news? What does anyone care, ignored.

    I find all I'm left caring about these days is politics, economics and the occasional technology story.

    Technology I'm fairly confident with any news source.
    Economics can only ever be opinion, I'm self aware enough to know I'm usually only reading stories that back up my pre-conceived idea of how things are going.
    And politics, this is the tricky one. How do you pick a news source and decide if it's reliable or not when the people who carry out the political decisions are often not even sure if they're telling the truth or not in the first place? I stand by this too, I don't think all politicians are bad people, I think most of them are just trying to make sense of everything that happens around them as blindly as we are, it's just that we pay them to pretend that they know so we feel like someone's steering the ship.

  21. #21
    Mai's Bosom Buddy
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    6,258
    Step 1: Avoid any political news stories that contain editorializing.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

  22. #22
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞
    Posts
    10,322
    Now Trump has cancelled the talks. He's a fucking amateur and turning international diplomacy into the WWF.
    Ridiculous but predictable.
    IgP waz here


  23. #23
    Hinako's Cook
    skate323k137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Earth, Dimension C137
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilRedeemed View Post
    Now Trump has cancelled the talks. He's a fucking amateur and turning international diplomacy into the WWF.
    Ridiculous but predictable.
    "trump pulls out of yet another thing, which is great news for his kids, as comedians are now running out of 'pulling out' jokes"

  24. #24
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Technology I'm fairly confident with any news source.
    Tech news is able to be verified. Which is good and not depends on who is reporting it, not because of political motivations as with other types of news. Instead because while everyone in the workforce has had used a computer growing up or even in their job, most people have no idea how they work. And it shows when they write articles, full of wrong ideas or outright FUD. Tech news is the most annoying to me.

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

  25. #25
    Mai's Bosom Buddy
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    not because of political motivations as with other types of news.
    Ehhhh no.

    Branding motivations can be just as bad as political motivations. You never know who is getting paid - in one way or another and not necessarily monetarily - to run a story, whether it's complimenting one brand or disparaging another.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.


free counters
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Where the hell is that damned music coming from?!