Thread: Raspberry Pi and Daphne question

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Raspberry Pi and Daphne question

520x293bb.jpg

So, after wrestling/tinkering with Pi for years, I feel comfortable enough to do most things in it. I have a great little box I keep hooked up to my main TV and I play it regularly.

I've found a good BT dongle I use and the performance is (in my opinion) nearly identical to a wired controller. I am also aware of the frames of lag that come with playing in emulation, but as I said I have my setup exactly where I like it.

I see tons of people online using it for Daphne and playing LD games. I have tried this a handful of times and games like Dragon's Lair are unplayable due to the split-second lag - At least in my opinion.

My question: does anyone here ACTUALLY play these games on a Pi? If so, how?! I just can't seem to make them playable short of memorization and timing inputs to account for the lag.
    Last edited by pixeljunkie; 03-08-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Yea it's pretty much just memorizing and inputting before you're supposed to. A lot of people say they are used to the lag but I just can't hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Yea it's pretty much just memorizing and inputting before you're supposed to. A lot of people say they are used to the lag but I just can't hang.
    yeah man, me neither. I really wanted to give Time Gal on Mega CD a whirl since I hadn't played it in years and was quickly like, "Nope! that isn't gonna work"

NAM-75 Vet

CD based games in general play like shit on the pi, especially if the original game streamed fmv or audio. Dragon's lair? Forget it, it won't be much fun. All the 16 bit cart-based stuff works very well though. It all goes downhill from generation psx.
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    CD based games in general play like shit on the pi, especially if the original game streamed fmv or audio. Dragon's lair? Forget it, it won't be much fun. All the 16 bit cart-based stuff works very well though. It all goes downhill from generation psx.
    Sounds like that Pi(e) ain't all it's supposed to be aye Gastro! hah!

Spoiler:
    Haaaahahaha

!!

Toptier

What about controlling via the GPIO pins? Gets rid of any USB lag. Pi2JAMMA and Pi2SCART allow you to connect controllers directly to GPIO which as I understand it gives access to realtime interrupts, not polling like USB.

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    What about controlling via the GPIO pins? Gets rid of any USB lag. Pi2JAMMA and Pi2SCART allow you to connect controllers directly to GPIO which as I understand it gives access to realtime interrupts, not polling like USB.
    Be quiet, soon everybody wants a pi!!
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Thread Information