Site typing delay issue?

Sega Rhea

n00b
Not sure where to post this. Site runs just fine in every aspect, but if I'm actually making a post (writing it out) or editing one, it's as if my PC is going in ultra slow motion. All typing is delayed at least 5-10 seconds. In order to write a post, I have to write it out in word, then paste it into the chat portion. PC is a high end gaming pc, and I don't have issues on any other site.

Running Chrome, not sure if there's some sort of flash or something this site needs to run properly or if Chrome isn't friendly to this site, or what. Doing this with both my private PC and my work PC.

Thanks. Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Only other support area I saw was for systems itself.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Your faggit level is probably too high which is normal considering how new you are here but don't worry it'll probably go down.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Try using quick reply instead. The full reply page can be slow on some PC's. The same thing used to happen to me.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It is your software. There can be a technical reason for it (it has to do with interrupt priorities, etc) but either the browser you are using has some problem, or something else on your system is causing the browser to have the problem.

It is possible that some websites may have a design issue relating to load orders, for example yahoo.com has this issue. However, neo-geo.com does not use any of those fancy (and unnecessary) scripts (in inefficient load orders) to generate content, so it does not apply here.

EDIT: I wanted to add that any typing you do into the reply box on this site is running fully within your browser on your computer and is not actually done live on the site. When you hit the save/post/whatever button, your browser sends the text you typed to the forum.

Last edited:

Sega Rhea

n00b
Your faggit level is probably too high which is normal considering how new you are here but don't worry it'll probably go down.

Hey, at least I can get a man. Wait...

Try using quick reply instead. The full reply page can be slow on some PC's. The same thing used to happen to me.

Thanks bud, this worked for me. Weird, usually don't have issues with Chrome on forums.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

This problem is real because it just happened to me and my faggit level is not even that high!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have the shittiest computer here (not counting that freak that uses a Wii U) and it doesn't happen on this site ever. Are you sure you guys don't have any keyloggers running?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have the shittiest computer here (not counting that freak that uses a Wii U) and it doesn't happen on this site ever. Are you sure you guys don't have any keyloggers running?
How dar you imply that I've been compromised in any way!

Sincerely,
Little girl

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I'm reasonably sure.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I'm reasonably sure.

Sega Rhea

n00b
I'm 100% sure that not only is my home pc, but my work pc and my work laptop are not hacked.

It's odd, the more I use the forum, the better it gets. Quick reply is definitely the way to go, though.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
advanced reply makes my setup slow down, because for some reason,my hw loads the subject up twice.
a freak on a wiiu atm, and judjing by this subject, just as well i'm not powering up the tower, only to have the ram chunked.
not so much a software issue on my end, just memory.
other boards do this too, xtras for example.
bad enough when a bunch of dicks post images and videos in succession without wrapping them in collapse tags prior.
go advanced reply with that lot in the backround, ram overflow, foreces reload, and that's on my computer too.
[edit]
keys.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sometimes the best way to come out of the closet is to just jump out with tassels on your tits and streamers in your hands.

Mads loves to do this, he's gay as fuck man don't forget that.