Best Zeppelin album

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Best? IV.

My favorite? III. Classics like Since I've Been Loving You, Immigrant Song, Thats the Way and Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp cant be beat.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Best? IV.

My favorite? III. Classics like Since I've Been Loving You, Immigrant Song, Thats the Way and Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp cant be beat.

IV has gotta be one of their most boring albums IMO...

In presence “In your life” and “hots on for nowhere” are two underrated songs. Nice guitar and bass work.

Achilles last stand is what inspired Iron Maiden’s entire career it seems

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Presence is my favorite Zeppelin album. But they're all pretty solid.

Best live album of theirs I've heard is How the West Was Won

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
IV has gotta be one of their most boring albums IMO...

I am probably taking the bait here but you are out of your fucking goddamn mind with that comment.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Presence is my favorite Zeppelin album. But they're all pretty solid.

Best live album of theirs I've heard is How the West Was Won

How the West was Won has so much punch and charm to it, I heard it in a demo station in Barnes and Noble once and it blew my mind with the heavy bass and drums. Bonham and Jones finest work.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
People actually like Led Zeppelin? I just thought that was something people say???!!!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I probably would not have found Zeppelin on my own. My older brother took a strong interest in his teen years, and that turned into an obsession. Built a community around it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Gotta be Presence.

The best would have to be IV (the untitled album). That seems to be the consensus of the critics and the fans.

My favorite would be II, as it has so many great songs- Whole Lotta Love, What is and What Should Never Be, Heartbreaker, Ramble On, Bring It On Home.
After that, I and IV.

My favorite songs (apart from the ones mentioned above):

Dazed and Confused
Immigrant Song
Gallows Pole
Tangerine
The Battle of Evermore
Going to California
When The Levee Breaks
No Quarter
Kashmir
Achilles Last Stand

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'll second Physical Graffiti, though I almost went with In Through the Out Door. The synthy sound is the most unique thing they did and makes a decent pace-changer from their other stuff.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I used to like in through the outdoor when I was 15 or so... I guess tastes change cuz now I think it’s their worst album.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't like Coda... It is just that it is the hardest album to find "In the Wild".

Over the past 3 years, I have dug up at least 150 Zeppelin LP's (probably closer to 200).
Of that, only 3 have been copies of Coda.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
To this very day my dad will go on a rant if anyone mentions Coda.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
II, anyone?

Oh and Presence sucked @OP.

II is fucking great! But if you really think Presence sucks, fucking re-listen to it. I find it hard to believe anyone who like Led Zeppelin could not like that album, especially "Achilles Last Stand" and one of my favorite songs of theirs, "Tea for One".... But you're probably just trolling.

I honestly think that I only listened to Coda once, maybe twice all the way through. Just didn't have the same vibe as all their other albums. Isn't that album pretty much a collection of B-sides?

Something interesting to me about In Through the Out Door is that Bonham and Page weren't as involved with the writing as they were before. Because of Bonham's alcoholism and Page's heroin addiction being out of control at the time.