Time for an AES

Sega Rhea

n00b
I’ve had every other Neo Geo system in the past (including an MVS), but never would dare brave the storm of the uphill price battle for an AES.

Well, thanks to Stone Age Gamer releasing their NeoSD, it’s convinced me to buy an AES. I’ve actually already found a system and controller in great shape and for a great price, so I’m half way there. I’m just trying to save up for the NeoSD at this point.

I had a consolized MVS as well, many years ago. But for whatever reason, I wasn’t really into Neo Geo as much back then, and it’s lack of play time soon found it on eBay. Since then, though, I’ve been rebuilding my gaming collection I once took for granted. And the AES just seems like the better way to go, now.

I’m going to need some help from someone here replacing buttons (I don’t solder, and I’m most certainly not going to try on this controller), but otherwise, I’m just here for the community. I was a member way back when I was in college (2003-2007), but I have no idea what my login info is anymore, so here I am again.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I know what I'm in for.

Oh you do? well only time here will tell :keke:

I think you should honestly learn how to solder because it's quite fun and really not that hard. Maybe don't start on that controller of yours though...

Sega Rhea

n00b
Oh you do? well only time here will tell :keke:

I think you should honestly learn how to solder because it's quite fun and really not that hard. Maybe don't start on that controller of yours though...

I'll hold my own, done it before, and now I'm 10 years wiser :P, or at the very least 10 years greyer.

I was thinking about that, actually. However, I was thinking in the meantime (while I learn on less precious items) I could at least put in quick releases and connect the old wires to the new ones via crimping. Thoughts? Can't see it not working...

However, the more pressing concern for me at this point is the NeoSD. Not sure if Stone Age Gamer is trying to use good salesman tactics on me, or if he's telling the truth, but he's making it seem like production of this thing will taper off soon. I'm desperately trying to raise the funds for the purchase.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll hold my own, done it before, and now I'm 10 years wiser :P, or at the very least 10 years greyer.

I was thinking about that, actually. However, I was thinking in the meantime (while I learn on less precious items) I could at least put in quick releases and connect the old wires to the new ones via crimping. Thoughts? Can't see it not working...

However, the more pressing concern for me at this point is the NeoSD. Not sure if Stone Age Gamer is trying to use good salesman tactics on me, or if he's telling the truth, but he's making it seem like production of this thing will taper off soon. I'm desperately trying to raise the funds for the purchase.
Stone Age Gamer doesn't make the NeoSD, Terraonion does, and the main TO guys are right here if you want to ask about the NeoSD. NeoSD (the user) has stated as long as people want to buy it (and other products) he will keep making them. I don't know if they plan to keep the old one in production when the Pro comes out though.

Sega Rhea

n00b
Stone Age Gamer doesn't make the NeoSD, Terraonion does, and the main TO guys are right here if you want to ask about the NeoSD. NeoSD (the user) has stated as long as people want to buy it (and other products) he will keep making them. I don't know if they plan to keep the old one in production when the Pro comes out though.

I saw that post after I made my last post here. I didn't see a price, is it going to be a heck of a lot more? That's good to know, btw, that he won't just up and leave. Seen that happen so many times for accessories for all sorts of consoles over the years.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I don't know if they plan to keep the old one in production when the Pro comes out though.

Yeah, they plan to keep offering them alongside the Pro as the budget minded option.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That makes sense but leaves me wondering how much more it will be.

I know neosd hasn't announced the price yet.

Side note, when I poorly used you as a reference, I didn't know it was spot on. :keke: