Sony PVM 1444 QM Colour Issues

3havoc

n00b
I recently acquired a 1444 QM pvm, when using RGB the image starts off colour accurate but eventually gets a blue tint, by flicking on and off external sync and it returns to normal. I can force it to have a blue tint by lightly tapping the case so I think there might be a bad connection somewhere but sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I would start off by trying different cables, then make sure the connection on the monitor itself is secure, then follow-up by looking for cold solder joints (you can google what to look for...a bright light and a magnifying glass seriously helps with this...) and if they're bad reflow them with a soldering iron. I would also say the generic "bad capacitors", but because you can tap it and it'll work the above may be more likely.

Last edited:

3havoc

n00b
Thanks for the reply, I know it is not the cables as I tested them and had been using them with a framemeister also bought them from retro gaming cables, will have to wait till the weekend to pop the hood off the pvm and take a look. I am figured it might be a bad connection or a solder joint gone bad and I am hoping that is all it is. Otherwise I might just have to use only S-Vid or composhit as there is no issues when using them.