NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I'm so glad I did not have the free scratch for a cart until now. I can't wait till the MVS version of the PRO opens up.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Always appreciative of devs that lend their talents and more importantly their integrity to this hobby. So for that, congrats on this effort and a big thank you! Life just got a bit easier. About 3 less threads to follow now. ¡Viva México!

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
So, will the MVS version (eventually) work seamlessly in a populated multi-slot board? If I had a 6-slot board with 5 carts and a PRO, would that mean I could have a 10-slot Neo Geo (5 carts + 4 Flash + 1 RAM) that can cycle through all?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Um..what?

Always appreciative of devs that lend their talents and more importantly their integrity to this hobby. So for that, congrats on this effort and a big thank you! Life just got a bit easier. About 3 less threads to follow now. ¡Viva México!
Think ACblunden2 is proud to be Mexican, or he wanted to listen to the song, "Que viva Mexico"

"Soy y puro mexicano
Nacido en este suelo
En esta hermosa tierra
Que es mi linda nación
Mi México querido
Que linda es mi bandera
Si alguno la mancilla
Le parto el corazón
Viva México, viva América
Oh suelo bendito de Dios
Mi sangre por ti daré yo
Soy puro mexicano
Y nunca me he rajado
Si quieren informarse
La historia les dirá
Que México es valiente
Y nunca se ha rajado
Viva la democracia
También la libertad
Viva México, viva......
Soy puro mexicano
Por eso estoy dispuesto
Si México lo quiere
Que tenga que pelear
Mi vida se la ofrezco
Al cabo el me la ha dado
Y como buen soldado
Yo se la quiero dar.."

cyd

New Challenger
So, will the MVS version (eventually) work seamlessly in a populated multi-slot board? If I had a 6-slot board with 5 carts and a PRO, would that mean I could have a 10-slot Neo Geo (5 carts + 4 Flash + 1 RAM) that can cycle through all?

It would be highly unlikely that it would (or even could) work like that.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Think ACblunden2 is proud to be Mexican, or he wanted to listen to the song, "Que viva Mexico"

"Soy y puro mexicano
Nacido en este suelo
En esta hermosa tierra
Que es mi linda nación
Mi México querido
Que linda es mi bandera
Si alguno la mancilla
Le parto el corazón
Oh suelo bendito de Dios
Mi sangre por ti daré yo
Soy puro mexicano
Y nunca me he rajado
Si quieren informarse
La historia les dirá
Que México es valiente
Y nunca se ha rajado
Viva la democracia
También la libertad
Viva México, viva......
Soy puro mexicano
Por eso estoy dispuesto
Si México lo quiere
Que tenga que pelear
Mi vida se la ofrezco
Al cabo el me la ha dado
Y como buen soldado
Yo se la quiero dar.."

Actually, it is an homage to the effort and part joke to neosd's nationality. The stuff that goes on in chat somedays. I am Asian, btw.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Actually, it is an homage to the effort and part joke to neosd's nationality. The stuff that goes on in chat somedays. I am Asian, btw.

we are human beings, our country is the world.

Glad we are compared with mexicans or any other country,

neodev

Neosd Tech

When the swith button is added to nsd pro (right now, changing a game is done through the in game menu or the neosd menu), it will behave a bit different.
Because the bios just sees one cart in each slot, and nsd pro just tricks the bios, it will (probably) work as follows.
When attract mode cycling, the nsd pro will switch to a different game once it has looped all slots.
Using the slot change button will change to a different cart slot, and when returning to the neosd slot, it will change to another game.

Say, you have mslug 1 and 2 on neosd pro and mslug 3 as actual cart, the attract cycle will do mslug 1, mslug 3, mslug 2, mslug 3...
And switch button will do the same sequence.
That's just how it will probably work, as the button switch it's not implemented in the firmware yet.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Yodd - did you get round to doing a vid for this epic cart or did you post it already (and I missed it)?

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
It will be this Thursday or Friday.

Is your video waiting for the price/availability announcement at all or there's no relation among the two?
[basically should we expect NeoSD to announce more details on the PRO cart at the same time as your video?]

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Is your video waiting for the price/availability announcement at all or there's no relation among the two?
[basically should we expect NeoSD to announce more details on the PRO cart at the same time as your video?]

No relation. At least not that I know of.

My guess is that Alex won’t announce any more details until he is caught up on SSDS3 shipments. But that’s just a guess.

neosd

Neosd Developer
No relation. At least not that I know of.

My guess is that Alex won’t announce any more details until he is caught up on SSDS3 shipments. But that’s just a guess.

Thats correct.

BTW, we are producing NEOSD PRO MVS right now

Once we are up to date with all pending stuff (super sd system 3 and others), we will give the details

We just don´t want any distraction right now, until we have shipped all super sd system 3 pending orders

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Thats correct.

Once we are up to date with all pending stuff (super sd system 3 and others), we will give the details

We just don´t want any distraction right now, until we have shipped all super sd system 3 pending orders

Whoop! Take my money!!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Thats correct.

Makes total sense. Can't wait to hear all the details!