NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Saroyan

n00b
Wow, this looks amazing! I actually just put in an order at stoneagegamer last week for a neosd AES and am waiting on back order. I’m thinking of cancelling that order and buying this instead. Will these be available through stoneagegamer any time soon or would I need to order straight from Terraonion store to get one from the first batch? I only ask that because it’s easier to order from stoneagegamer since my credit union can be a pain when it comes to international credit card purchases.

Thanks for making such awesome stuff guys, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck me dead! I bought the NeoSD for MVS and have loved it dearly, can't wait for the PRO version!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
To wet your appetites, here are some numbers I came up with tonight.

chart_2.png

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hot damn! I'd be feeling pretty silly right now, if I'd bought DS's cart. Even if they eventually iron out the kinks, this curb stomps his from on high. I'm now glad I held off getting the AES version of the NeoSD, I'll definitely be getting this soon as it's released.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Yodd - you lucky bastard :)

While certainly lucky, I think a lot of people underestimate the time, effort, and follow-through for testing or previewing a product like this. It's not like getting a new toy in the mail that you just get to pop in and enjoy. I'm envious as well, but worth acknowledging the work he previously put in to be offered a preview unit, as well as the work he continues to put in to help demo and test the product. Maybe some luck involved, but also a lot of work.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Onya. Yodds videos speak for themselves.

Last edited:

pva

Stakes Winner
tumblr_inline_owmtzbaz3V1uafcgl_540.gif

I'm sorely tempted to upgrade my NeoSD to the Pro just for the RAM slot feature alone!

NEOSD PRO MVS will enter production as soon as NEOSD PRO AES production completes.

I don't know whether it comes down to production schedules or cunning marketing tactics in the end, but I think it was a shrewd move to launch the AES version first, while the DS AES multicart remains in development.

atman

n00b
Holy smoke, love what I'm seeing.

Just brought the neoSD, so I'd sure hope there wont be any price drop on that. :) If it where today I might have waited depending on the price difference.

To be able to boot directly like it was a real neo cart was an absolute dealbreaker for me. And the support Terraonion seems to provide to their customer made the choice easy.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
There ... is a Unibios chip installed on the motherboard already. Doesen't matter ... where did you see there cause are (MAME) roms ? the entire Neo Geo collection can be used on NesSd (MVS or AES) cartridges ... if you have both ... (Unibios chip ... 3.2 or 3.3) and NeoSd MVS or AES cartridges you'll get the same things ! Cheers !

Free version is not chip :)

neodev

Neosd Tech
Free version is not chip :)

No, neosd can't run the bios from a file. You see it's the free version because we burned it into an EEPROM and replaced the original AES bios with the burned one.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
H15EEiG.jpg

xROTx

PS. Meh... so I'm trolling... please place all complaints in my PM box for evaluation...

leonk

Marked Wolf
To wet your appetites, here are some numbers I came up with tonight.

Wonder if there is a performance difference between AES and MVS. Your tests show a difference between NEOSD and PRO on 2 different consoles.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Wonder if there is a performance difference between AES and MVS. Your tests show a difference between NEOSD and PRO on 2 different consoles.

Yes, there is a slight performance difference between AES and MVS, with AES being actually a bit slower than MVS, so the speed gain might even be a bit higher than the numbers shown.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was about to order a NEOSD for my birthday and this announcement came up. I will be putting a pre-order in for the PRO. Thanks:D

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
Really ? this will crash the entire darksoft's product world! Guys ... Count on my support too !

Depends on the price really. If this thing is 600-700$ then the darksoft cart is still faster and much cheaper for those of us who don't care about the 5 slots.

Yes darksoft is ironing out the kinks, but that's what happens with every new product, SSD3, Super NT, Neo SD, etc.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Depends on the price really. If this thing is 600-700$ then the darksoft cart is still faster and much cheaper for those of us who don't care about the 5 slots.

Yes darksoft is ironing out the kinks, but that's what happens with every new product, SSD3, Super NT, Neo SD, etc.

I LOVE YOU...

I mean... honestly, you are the sort of member that makes me feel the scene is in good hands after the old guard are gone...

You are a true superstar of the forum... God Bless you...TOO_SUCKY!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

But what if you want a device that just works?