NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
It's like they took what DarkSoft did and bragged about but did it right. At face value it seems to behave like the NGPC SD Kit does too. There's so much storage that can hold X games for immediate future access along with reduced flashing times. I agree with shots fired on this.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
must have upgrade...

btw. new logo is very nice...

pwned.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I've been holding off on getting anything Neo for a bit now but it seems like it is time to get a CMVS or Supergun and buy a NSD Pro

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Might have sold my NeoSD AES. Just waiting for that preorder notification for the upgrade. It'll be like have 2 big reds.

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Very impressive and congrats to the NeoSD team. The pro has so many new features I had to do a double take to let it all sink in. Looking forward to future products.

leonk

Marked Wolf
Might have sold my NeoSD AES. Just waiting for that preorder notification for the upgrade. It'll be like have 2 big reds.

Why? The NeoSD PRO performance of the Flash memory should be the same as NeoSD Standard. The NeoSD Standard is still a very capable multicart and great product.

The performance of the RAM over Flash is a great feature, but not sure if it's worth the extra purchase for those that already own an NeoSD. What sort of performance differences do we see between Flash and RAM? 2X, 3X?

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Why? The NeoSD PRO performance of the Flash memory should be the same as NeoSD Standard. The NeoSD Standard is still a very capable multicart and great product.

The performance of the RAM over Flash is a great feature, but not sure if it's worth the extra purchase for those that already own an NeoSD. What sort of performance differences do we see between Flash and RAM? 2X, 3X?

I may be wrong, but you can load 4 games into the 4 slots, probably takes just as long as the Neosd to load the 4 games, but once they are there you have 4 games ready on deck. But if you want to quick load the 5th slot with something you can do it quickly and play it quickly. once you turn the system off, the 5th slot will erase. that's good for me, because I like to switch games a lot. less waiting time on that one slot.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

The flashing to flash is about 25% faster on the Pro and flashing to ram is a lot faster.

NeoSD Pro
Kof2k3
Flash memory - 2:30
Ram - 50 seconds

I can post up some quick and dirty numbers between the original and Pro later tonight.

Last edited:

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug

Being able to leave 4 games I frequently play loaded in ROM and then loading the most recent game I want to play with RAM is a huge bonus to me. It is basically like having another 4 slot. That's worth an upgrade to me.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Well, good news...I was still having issues saving up the $500 USD to buy the regular Neo SD. Guess while I'm saving, I'll have to decide if it's worth saving a little more now! Looking forward to Todd's review!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
BTW, here is a nice picture i want to share.

Its the PROG pcb layout design, it can be seen how deep the design is this time.

Hope you guys like it

prog_layout.jpeg

WOW, that's an incredible bit of routing!

neosd

Neosd Developer
WOW, that's an incredible bit of routing!

This capture was done in early routing stage, the final routing is even deeper.

I wish i could show other devices we got with even deeper layout and all on BGA

Exciting times are coming for retro lovers, guys. We are pushing hard to make dreams true

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Good Job Terra Onion Team. You hit another one right out of the park.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Exciting times are coming for retro lovers, guys. We are pushing hard to make dreams true

Please consider an RGB and Audio out solution for the NGPC. Something that can be consolized...the NGPC needs more indie hardware solutions IMO.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Please consider an RGB and Audio out solution for the NGPC. Something that can be consolized...the NGPC needs more indie hardware solutions IMO.

I second this!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Pretty much any consolized handheld would get my money.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Wow! iossss!
IMPRESSIVE!!! Out-of-the-blue part II! :-)

For those complaining about no RAM or no multigame on the original NeoSD... Here you have twice!
For Darksoft lovers... Time to go back to Earth.

Congratulations, Terraonion!!! Now I'm really afraid of what could be your next project... :D

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Well, I had plans to buy the original soon. Guess now I'm on hold for the MVS Pro!

Glad I waited just a bit longer.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Holy Schmoly ..... let's see the price ... if it's on the high side I swear I'm gonna pester NeoSD to make an AES RAM-only version ... cause I'm both cheap and impatient (they can't say anymore that "they don't know how to do it" now)

Incredible achievement guys ..... I've got tear in my eyes (and in my wallet)

Last edited: