NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

glazball

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
How many of you updated the NeoSD Pro firmware and didn't have any trouble? I too was eager to pick up a Pro this year but now I'm back on the fence. For that amount of money it needs to work perfectly, end of story.

Harmik

n00b
So here is how TO resolved my problem. So Todd sends me a firmware that fucks up my cart. Todd takes a look at my cart and can't fix it so this is the response I get.

So I've been looking into the issue with your NeoSD cart and we believe the issue might be a bad connection to the FPGA or some flash chips as it only happens on the sprite layer.

But since this cart is way out of warranty (it was built in mid 2017), you would need to go back to SAG to see if they can do anything for you.

I'll ship the cart back to you in the next couple days.

todd

So bottom line is I'm pretty much assed out a $500 flash cart. The NeoSd Pro was the last purchase I make from TO.

I've had flash carts from Krizz for much longer and never had any issues. Had a issue with DS's CPS2 Multi and Mitsu took it back and fixed the issue a year after purchase. So just so you know guys that if TO sends out a faulty firmware that fucks up one of your chips, its on you.

To me that just sounds like at best the firmware update pushed out the flaw that was there but saying the firmware killed it is not right if it was bad firmware I'm sure Tod could have just re-flashed it. The cart is from 2017 you cant expect a lifetime warranty if it has 12 months its 12 months and it's not like its a week out and I'm pretty sure you updated firmware before so it's not like the cart was like that day one.

My Toyota broke down I had to pay for the tow to the dealer pay for the repair and pay for a ride to the dealer to pick it up.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
To me that just sounds like at best the firmware update pushed out the flaw that was there but saying the firmware killed it is not right if it was bad firmware I'm sure Tod could have just re-flashed it. The cart is from 2017 you cant expect a lifetime warranty if it has 12 months its 12 months and it's not like its a week out and I'm pretty sure you updated firmware before so it's not like the cart was like that day one.

My Toyota broke down I had to pay for the tow to the dealer pay for the repair and pay for a ride to the dealer to pick it up.

Yeah that analogy doesn't work unless your Toyota broke down because the dealer forgot to put oil in it the on the last oil change. In that case they would re-imburse you for the tow and fix your car even if it was 10 years old.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I mentioned before that the cart did not have a scaling issue up until the firmware update that was sent. Maybe the cart did have a issue from the factory that I did not know of. How was I suppose to know the firmware would permanently screw up the hardware? And the cart was manufactured 2017 but I didn't purchase it from Stoneagegamer till either beginning or mid 2018. So relax yourself Beavis.

Whatever the case may be Alex said he would allow me to purchase a new cart at very fair price so I'm holding him to that.

That being said outside of this issu with the NeoSd I've been pretty happy with TO's products overall.

HawkJ229

n00b
Like alot of you, I was about to pull the trigger and buy a NeoSD Pro AES, along with an AES console today. But I think I did the right thing by coming to this board and see everyone's experience on it. I have no confidence on dropping nearly $1k total on this anymore. I'll just stick with the MVS. I may just get the regular NeoSD MVS down the line, but that's sold out everywhere for now. Hopefully there will be a restock, or I can get one on here. Question, would it have a power/loading issue on a CBox MVS-1C to 15P that are sold on AliExpress? Thanks.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Two years since the announcement and we still haven't seen a release of the MVS Pro version.

Anyone heard any more news on that?

HawkJ229

n00b
Two years since the announcement and we still haven't seen a release of the MVS Pro version.

Anyone heard any more news on that?
From what I'm seeing, it's most likely a 2021 release now. Fuck that, I'm moving on.

BladeBlur

n00b
So I kept seeing a lot of positive reviews of the Neo SD Pro and I ended up getting one but now I regret it after all your negative feedback. I kind of want to experience the entire library of system without breaking too much of my bank. Is there something you would recommend? No one talks about the Neo CD BC at all either...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
???? You bought the cart that plays all the games. All of them. Load it up and enjoy.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So I kept seeing a lot of positive reviews of the Neo SD Pro and I ended up getting one but now I regret it after all your negative feedback. I kind of want to experience the entire library of system without breaking too much of my bank. Is there something you would recommend? No one talks about the Neo CD BC at all either...
Use the cart and determine for yourself if you enjoy it. Don't like or dislike something because others say so. Make your own opinion.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I don't understand. The NeoSd pro works fine. Did you try it out yet? I own one and it does the job well. Also plays a good amount of the NeoCd library.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm afraid the guy bought it thinking it was some kind of all-in-one console ready to be connected via HDMI to his TV... then he probably realized that he also needs a motherboard (which are still cheap last time I checked) and a supergun and a controller and realized that it was more money then he was ready to spend.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm afraid the guy bought it thinking it was some kind of all-in-one console ready to be connected via HDMI to his TV... then he probably realized that he also needs a motherboard (which are still cheap last time I checked) and a supergun and a controller and realized that it was more money then he was ready to spend.

Yea, I'm confused. The NeoSd Pro is only available on AES. Did he buy thinking this was a all in one unit. Maybe thought the roms came preloaded. Don't know.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
NeoSD Pro MVS carts will be up for order as soon as we get up to date with all MODE orders this summer.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Will link cable support be added some day? Would love to link the Pro with my real carts and play head to head.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
On the fence about getting a neosd pro for a cab I built. Is game switching supported on an mvs1fz, like you would on a 4 slot (by pressing a button on the cp)?

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
AES Pro cart MAYBE next year.

MVS Pro cart in probably 2-ish months.

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
with this pandemy the wise thing to do is to stay at home, the worst time to wait for a restock or a new product....

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I had hesitation updating the firmware on my NeoSD Pro after reading RAZO's experience. I finally bit the bullet to update the firmware last night and luckily there was no issue. The Neo Geo CD support is fantastic! Played through Final Romance 2 Mahjong without problem. Most of the CD games work fine except for ADK World.

Looking forward to the full NGCD library support. Will definitely order the NeoSD Pro MVS when it becomes available.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I had hesitation updating the firmware on my NeoSD Pro after reading RAZO's experience. I finally bit the bullet to update the firmware last night and luckily there was no issue. The Neo Geo CD support is fantastic! Played through Final Romance 2 Mahjong without problem. Most of the CD games work fine except for ADK World.

Looking forward to the full NGCD library support. Will definitely order the NeoSD Pro MVS when it becomes available.

His particular situation was unique. There was already an underlining issue with the cart and the firmware update simply brought it to light.