NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
RAZO, you are one of us. Goddamn shame what happened here.

Yodd doesn't realize it but he just exodus'd himself like Kenny did. Hope it was worth it. He fucked up BIG time.

He doesnt care. TO signs his checks, not you and not Razo.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
How much use did you get out of the cart before the problems cropped up?

It was a 2nd NeoSd Aes I purchased for a 2nd setup. I have a little man cave at my parents house so whenever I swing by and hang out sometimes I'll just go down there and play some Neo. I would maybe play for 30 min to a hour at a time. Can't tell you how many times I turned on my Neo and used it but it wasn't used all that often.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Man this fuckin’ sucks to hear... TO should absolutely replace your cart. A firmware update they provided did it in, after all. The solution to this situation is self explanatory.

Gentlegamer

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
10 Year Member
I had concrete plans to get the NeoSD Pro, but now I'll have to reconsider.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I bought the Pro back in November.... now I am afraid to upgrade the firmware and don't have any confidence in TO to make things right in the event of a defect.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Has anyone here mentioned that the last NeoSD Pro's that went out have a defect in the shells? They don't boot in most people's systems unless you take out the bottom plastic spacer, leaving the bottom of the cart open to the elements and the PCBs not reliably positioned.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Has anyone here mentioned that the last NeoSD Pro's that went out have a defect in the shells? They don't boot in most people's systems unless you take out the bottom plastic spacer, leaving the bottom of the cart open to the elements and the PCBs not reliably positioned.

Yes, I had to shave mine with a metal file. Not really worried about elements since it gets stored in a case or inserted in the console but sucks that I had to do it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Mine worked fine out of the box.

Mine worked on one console and not the others. Thought it was power related but turns out it was the contacts that weren't making a good connection and I was getting a blank white screen. Like original Neo Carts if you shake them they are suppose to rattle a little. The same goes for mvs carts. If you shake the Neosd Pro and the pcbs hardly move that's not good. You might even experience some glitches or get errors because of it.

After shaving the inserts at the botto the cart slides in the slot smooth like butter.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
One of or UK members made a video of a Knights Chance he bought that had this same exact issue and he had to shave the bottom insert as well. I believe it was GadgetUK.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I think it was a very small amount that actually had the spacer problem.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Firmware updating killing some connections sounds like bullshit but I believe it. To think DickSoft and friends handled out of warranty better is mind blowing. Are we in the wrong time line here?

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Firmware updating killing some connections sounds like bullshit but I believe it. To think DickSoft and friends handled out of warranty better is mind blowing. Are we in the wrong time line here?

you are in the barenstain universe.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I think it was a very small amount that actually had the spacer problem.
The last batch.

So it needs to be shaved so the boards have some more rattle room? It's difficult to insert without the bottom piece, and the graphics are often glitchy.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The last batch.

So it needs to be shaved so the boards have some more rattle room? It's difficult to insert without the bottom piece, and the graphics are often glitchy.

Yea, the black friday batch. Alot of people on the TO forums were complaining about it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I also ordered on BF and it works fine (knock on wood). I only have 1 system tho so it could very well have the same issue. In any case, their track record is not exactly confidence inspiring.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
My main concern is future support. That Neobuilder tool only converts recognized games. So what happens when new protos are found or homebrew comes out? What happens if they stop updating the Neobuilder? The third party tools available right now are spotty at best.

A flash cart worth its salt needs to be capable of at least attempting to play any new rom thrown at it. Otherwise it's nothing more than a glorified tool for pirating official games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Mine worked on one console and not the others. Thought it was power related but turns out it was the contacts that weren't making a good connection and I was getting a blank white screen. Like original Neo Carts if you shake them they are suppose to rattle a little. The same goes for mvs carts. If you shake the Neosd Pro and the pcbs hardly move that's not good. You might even experience some glitches or get errors because of it.

After shaving the inserts at the botto the cart slides in the slot smooth like butter.

Seems like it's difficult for third party vendors to build carts correctly. Remember those wood shells from NGDev? The openings for the PCB weren't staggered so they didn't fit properly either, and the shorter than normal PCBs rattle around in the shells more than originals. The NeoSD PCBs are slightly thicker and wider than originals and the PCBs barely move. Finding the right balance is tricky. When you factor in minor production differences between all the board types and revisions it's something of a logistical nightmare.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
My main concern is future support. That Neobuilder tool only converts recognized games. So what happens when new protos are found or homebrew comes out? What happens if they stop updating the Neobuilder? The third party tools available right now are spotty at best.

A flash cart worth its salt needs to be capable of at least attempting to play any new rom thrown at it. Otherwise it's nothing more than a glorified tool for pirating official games.

When they'll decide to stop producing/selling it they might open source it and leave it up to the community.

That would be the most sane thing to do.

Yes, chinese clones will flood the market, but if you're not producing them anymore, will that matter?

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah I was about to pull the trigger on this a few months ago then read about all the problems people were having with fitment. So I started to go the route of just buying the MVS carts I wanted. Last month I was thinking of it again just for the ease of having one cart, but then RAZO had his issues with firmware.

That sealed the deal for me, not gonna bother. It's unfortunate.

Something at this price point shouldn't need to be modified to fit kind of, and shouldn't be bricked with a firmware update with zero recourse.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I was pretty much convinced I'd get an MVS NEOSD Pro as soon as preorders started, but I'm seriously reconsidering the purchase. After all, I could make the few titles that I'm still missing by converting bootlegs into something else (wish there were more guides about it, though)!

Last edited:

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I was pretty much convinced I'd get an MVS NEOSD Pro as soon as preorders started, but I'm seriously reconsidering the purchase. After all, I could make the few titles that I'm still missing by converting bootlegs into something else (wish there were more guides about it, though)!

Me too! I've got a stack of bootlegs I'd love to mess around with

Lord Igniz

n00b
I got mine during the Black Friday sale and haven't had any problems with it, booted up fine in my system without the need for modification.