NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Was debating whether to get the AES or MVS version of the Pro. I think I finally settled on the MVS version, only to find out it apparently doesn't exist yet.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m off this train also.
Jon brought his MVS non pro to a meet up. It didn’t work any *any* of the slots of my 4slot in a Neo 25.

My slots are all fine, my carts run without hiccups on all 4.

When and if the MVS Pro arrives, it may not even work on my cab.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I’m off this train also.
Jon brought his MVS non pro to a meet up. It didn’t work any *any* of the slots of my 4slot in a Neo 25.

:(

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I’m off this train also.

Could be voltage related.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just remember that the NeoSd is requires more power than a regular Neo cart and the Pro is even more power hungry than the regular NeoSd. I remember having to crank up the voltage a bit on my Mvu 4 slot to get the regular NeoSd to work or else you just get a blank color screen. I have Aes consoles that refuse to work with the pro and I think it's power related.

Could be another issue you're having just saying.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Just remember that the NeoSd is requires more power than a regular Neo cart and the Pro is even more power hungry than the regular NeoSd. I remember having to crank up the voltage a bit on my Mvu 4 slot to get the regular NeoSd to work or else you just get a blank color screen. I have Aes consoles that refuse to work with the pro and I think it's power related.

Could be another issue you're having just saying.

This is good info.

I appreciate the heads up.
Thanks!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
RAZO, did you have any luck with getting your issue resolved?

So here is how TO resolved my problem. So Todd sends me a firmware that fucks up my cart. Todd takes a look at my cart and can't fix it so this is the response I get.

So I've been looking into the issue with your NeoSD cart and we believe the issue might be a bad connection to the FPGA or some flash chips as it only happens on the sprite layer.

But since this cart is way out of warranty (it was built in mid 2017), you would need to go back to SAG to see if they can do anything for you.

I'll ship the cart back to you in the next couple days.

todd

So bottom line is I'm pretty much assed out a $500 flash cart. The NeoSd Pro was the last purchase I make from TO.

I've had flash carts from Krizz for much longer and never had any issues. Had a issue with DS's CPS2 Multi and Mitsu took it back and fixed the issue a year after purchase. So just so you know guys that if TO sends out a faulty firmware that fucks up one of your chips, its on you.

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
So here is how TO resolved my problem. So Todd sends me a firmware that fucks up my cart. Todd takes a look at my cart and can't fix it so this is the response I get.

So I've been looking into the issue with your NeoSD cart and we believe the issue might be a bad connection to the FPGA or some flash chips as it only happens on the sprite layer.

But since this cart is way out of warranty (it was built in mid 2017), you would need to go back to SAG to see if they can do anything for you.

todd

So bottom line is I'm pretty much assed out a $500 flash cart. The NeoSd Pro was the last purchase I make from TO.

I've had flash carts from Krizz for much longer and never had any issues. Had a issue with DS's CPS2 Multi and Mitsu took it back and fixed the issue a year after purchase. So just so you know guys that if TO sends out a faulty firmware that fucks up one of your chips, its on you.

:oh_no:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

todd

For the amount that TO is worshipped on these boards, you would think that they would be willing to at least give you partial credit for it, especially since it was their firmware that killed it. That's unfortunate to hear, especially since I'm sure SAG isn't going to touch any of that since they would be losing money due to a manufacturer issue.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, this is bullshit. Still, I'd contact SAG anyway and explain the situation, they are good people. Maybe they'll help.

Personally, warranty or not if it doesn't look like it was damaged from the customer doing something dumb, I'd eat the $300 and send out a new one. That's just good business.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
For the amount that TO is worshipped on these boards, you would think that they would be willing to at least give you partial credit for it, especially since it was their firmware that killed it. That's unfortunate to hear, especially since I'm sure SAG isn't going to touch any of that since they would be losing money due to a manufacturer issue.

Exactly, Sag is just a reseller. They aren't going to refund me the price of the cart. This is on TO to either fix the problem or send me replacement pcbs or pcb, which ever one has the issue. I messaged Todd and told him I'll cover the shipping to Spain both ways. These aren't cheap shit multicarts that stop working and you just scrap.

Only thing I could tell people here that currently have working NeoSd's if it's working fine or has minor graphical glitches with specific consoles don't bother changing firmware. You risk making the cart a paper weight.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah, this is bullshit. Still, I'd contact SAG anyway and explain the situation, they are good people. Maybe they'll help.

Personally, warranty or not if it doesn't look like it was damaged from the customer doing something dumb, I'd eat the $300 and send out a new one. That's just good business.

Yea, I've been buying stuff from Sag for a long time and the service is always topnotch. I might just contact Sag and see what he says but I believe issues like these should be covered by the manufacturer.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I had an issue with NeoSD in a 6-slot MVS NG cabinet. It was voltage related and fixed by increasing the voltage slightly. Finally a reason a cabinet with proper PSU is better than an AES :-)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This does not read like a issue SAG is responsible for covering as they're only a re-seller,not techs as you stated. There liability comes in to play if they sell you a unit initially and it doesn't work out of the box.
BB

Yea, I've been buying stuff from Sag for a long time and the service is always topnotch. I might just contact Sag and see what he says but I believe issues like these should be covered by the manufacturer.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This does not read like a issue SAG is responsible for covering as they're only a re-seller,not techs as you stated. There liability comes in to play if they sell you a unit initially and it doesn't work out of the box.
BB

I agree

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Yikes, that is horrible customer service. TO, you should step up and make this right.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
If the firmware update killed it then he should send you a new one (sans shipping fee) at a minimum. Warranty should not even be on the equation.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Wow very bad support from Terra Onion.
If your cart has some issue with bad connections it would be like that from the first day. So a good company would say hey we will send you a new 100% working one or ok we will fix your cart and send it back to you.

To say hey your out of warranty bad luck mate is just so worse.
I think they actually dont really know how much damage they do with this behavior.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

todd

LOL

TerraOnion: "May the bridges we burn today light the way for tomorrow!"

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
RAZO, you are one of us. Goddamn shame what happened here.

Yodd doesn't realize it but he just exodus'd himself like Kenny did. Hope it was worth it. He fucked up BIG time.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
RAZO, you are one of us. Goddamn shame what happened here.

Yodd doesn't realize it but he just exodus'd himself like Kenny did. Hope it was worth it. He fucked up BIG time.
Not sure how much liability Yodd has, but that would be out of character as far as I know.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, Todd is just relaying the message from the top. They dont want to be held responsible for anything. Once the cart is sold and it's in your hands that's pretty much it.

TO is quick to come on here and advertise their product but when it comes to customer support they're horrible. They should have thought this through a little better before selling high end flash devices.