NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
A couple of screenshots. :eye:

To enable cheats, download this zip file and copy the content to the root directory of the SD card.

I'm not using cheats at all. Just to push the console to the limit, enable infinite laser/homing/grenade in Last Resort. :glee:

Apologies for the bad picture quality.

The cheats are there twice (in the root dir and in a dir called "cheats") is that necessary?
[I hope cheat support is enabled for the non PRO with the next firmware update]

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The cheats are there twice (in the root dir and in a dir called "cheats") is that necessary?

We hope to release firmware version 1.07 for regular NeoSD units this coming week and it includes the cheat functionality.

neosd

Neosd Developer

It has already been added to regular NEOSD FW, same for in game menu that is used on the cheats.
Usres that signed for the 1.07 NEOSD beta firmware already have cheats.
Our goal has always been to add to NEOSD everything that is possible on the hardware.

And yes, those are duplicated on the zip, we will fix this tonite (upload a new zip file without those duplicated)

Alex,

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Received mine today. Looks really nice! Can someone tell me where to find the serial number? I'm sure I'm over looking it somewhere, I tried one number and it did not work on the website

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Received mine today. Looks really nice! Can someone tell me where to find the serial number? I'm sure I'm over looking it somewhere, I tried one number and it did not work on the website

You can find it in the options menu.

However I’m not sure if all the serials have been imported into the database yet.

MasterYoda

n00b
Serials haven't been added to the database yet (At least not mine). You can also find the serial number on the sticker on the circuit board, as well as near the cartridge connector.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I was pretty disappointed in the NeoSD's build quality. Mostly the shell itself. But the Pro is top notch.

Really excited to try out the USB port once it's up and running.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Just did some measurements with Garou

write to RAM: 54 seconds
write to Pro Flash: 2:57
write to regular NeoSD Flash: 3:10

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Will StoneAgeGamer carry any of these?

I'm waiting exactly the same. I think I'll be getting an AES one as soon as SAG have them in stock, since for me shipping from the US is way cheaper than from Europe. And SAG also accept Paypal :)

Regarding the cart itself, the screenshots look nice and intuitive to use, same as the original NeoSD, my only suggestion would be this: on the screen where you choose the slot to flash the game, make it also clearer which line is the slot name and which the game name, just like you did on the "In-game slot change".

A couple of screenshots. :eye:

Slot selection menu

View attachment 53287

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
When you will open orders for EU ppl ? I recently ordered a Kraut Buster AES out of frustration that i have to wait that long to order the Pro.
I also want to order a SD system 3 but by the time the Pro hits, thouse may be out of stock.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Caved and ordered a NeoSD Pro ... hopefully it will arrive safe and sound, god forbid the courier messes up.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Looking forward very much to getting a MVS NeoSD Pro. Will do my best to be patient. =] Oh and +1 for buying through StoneAgeGamer!

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's alive, mine arrived with 1.07_R07, updated to 1.07_R08 (not sure what's different).
I just know it works and loading to RAM is super sweet ... didn't have time to test the NeoGeo CD support which is a hell of a feature (for now just added the XXXcd.neo to the mix and they appeared on the UI but hadn't had time to throw in the actual CD files, it seems it supports 25 of them via what I think are tiny little launchers most of them clock at 5KB ... lol) .

Time to sell My NeoSD, my NGCD toploader and my CDZ .... not sure I'm sad or happy about it .... it's all space I can recoup so there's that, once I make up my god damn mind that is.

And the "Winners don't use drugs" AES support is still there (just in case someone asked) as well as CTHD running on AES .... simply sublime.

Last edited:

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
That's fantastic news, Phoenix. I can't wait to try one! The CD support is especially awesome.

Take my money, TerraOnion!

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
didn't have time to test the NeoGeo CD support

It's a tad buggy, but they are on top of it. In a strange way, it kind of makes the CD version of Metal Slug better than the cart version now.

The CD games load in just a couple seconds, versus having to take minutes to write to flash (or half a minute or so to write to RAM). Then the loading screens within the game are all super fast.

So now you can get Metal Slug that loads wicked fast, and has the combat school to boot.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Still no 1.07 update for my regular Neo SD cart. :(
February is long gone and even the Terraonion direct has passed by.
When will the 1.07 update be available for all customers?

Last edited:

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's a tad buggy, but they are on top of it. In a strange way, it kind of makes the CD version of Metal Slug better than the cart version now.

The CD games load in just a couple seconds, versus having to take minutes to write to flash (or half a minute or so to write to RAM). Then the loading screens within the game are all super fast.

So now you can get Metal Slug that loads wicked fast, and has the combat school to boot.

I tried Metal Slug CD with the latest batch of neo files (the 50 cd launchers/memmaps download recently released) and my experience has been that it takes 5 or 6 seconds to get to the game selection screen (after NeoSD Pro preparatory flashing/preloading which is about 3 to 5 secs as well, landing in a NGCD screen with the monkey not juggling) and then between game levels loading is about 2 to 4 seconds ... and I agree it makes playing NGCD games a lot less painful (looking forward to KingOfLoading97+).
During my play I experienced drop/rise in CDDA volume (at least that's what I think it was), nothing major [maybe I should keep my CDZ around for the time being :) ].
I was playing at super low volume so I can't tell about the actual audio quality vs real CDDA, it sounded fine to me (I guess the mono vs stereo doesn't bug me at all).

Once more terrific work by Razoola, a very unexpected bonus, I bought the Pro on a whim and I think I like it. This unexpected gift puts the product on a class of its own.

Last edited:

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Random question about NeoSD Pro.

I was playing AeroFighters3 (SonicWing3) on AES NeoSD Pro and it seems the difficulty is cranked way too high (I was playing in AES mode at "easy" settings).
I have Unibios 4, no mem card, default Unibios region settings (that is EUR+AES).
If I play AF3 with banancart the difficulty level is much lower (via pick'n'mix) of Uni4, and "easy" means "easy".

Basically the enemies take more hits and shot more ... I can barely finish the first level, on bananacart I reached level 3 easily.
I tried changing soft dip switches with Uni4 to no avail (difficulty to 1).
Is there anything I can do on the NeoSD Pro side? Is it overriding the Uni4 behavior by any chance? Or maybe a bad cfg file somewhere?

Last time I noticed this kind of behavior was bananacart pre Uni4 pick'n'mix on a different game, in that case it was captain tomaday but the point was the same, "easy" was way way too hard, can't remember about AF3 way back then.

Last edited:

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
When will it be back in stocks? Missed the short spot where it was available for Europeans, I guess the announcement for cd game support made the few cards in stock go even faster

Random question about NeoSD Pro.

I was playing AeroFighters3 (SonicWing3) on AES NeoSD Pro and it seems the difficulty is cranked way too high (I was playing in AES mode at "easy" settings).
I have Unibios 4, no mem card, default Unibios region settings (that is EUR+AES).
If I play AF3 with banancart the difficulty level is much lower (via pick'n'mix) of Uni4, and "easy" means "easy".

Basically the enemies take more hits and shot more ... I can barely finish the first level, on bananacart I reached level 3 easily.
I tried changing soft dip switches with Uni4 to no avail (difficulty to 1).
Is there anything I can do on the NeoSD Pro side? Is it overriding the Uni4 behavior by any chance? Or maybe a bad cfg file somewhere?

Last time I noticed this kind of behavior was bananacart pre Uni4 pick'n'mix on a different game, in that case it was captain tomaday but the point was the same, "easy" was way way too hard, can't remember about AF3 way back then.

Were you ever able to figure this out?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Aerofighters 3 in the banana is broken. Your NeoSd is probably fine.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I just played the mvs version last night on my regular neosd mvs.
Made it to stage 5 no problem, so I wonder if it's the rom you're using.