NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Any status update on the MVS Pro version? Seems things have been quiet and wanted to touch base.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Also would like to know if there are any plans on releasing the new firmware for the original NeoSd.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Will the MVS PRO work on a 4slot that has Neo SaveMasta installed?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well i think TO hasent had much time to test the new NeoSd firmware, however they should gotten some feedback from betatesters already.

As for new NeoSd Pro AES or MVS i think its ready when its ready. Best you can do is watching the shop every day so you dont miss out.
However Todd said in September, they target October for release.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Just bumping this again with others. I would love to hear from TO regarding the MVS Pro release timeframe.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
If you check the Twitter posts of em, they seem very busy with the MegaSD, developing Firmware and other stuff.
Todd cant give excact time on Super SD System 3, keeps telling 2-3 weeks or 1-2 weeks but they in production since early october.
Dont know if that takes 6 or more weeks to produce a few hundret units.
With that in mind i dont think there is actually much money left to produce NeoSD or Pro units.

As NeoSD owners are left behind waiting for firmwareupdate 1.07 to have at least some cheat options and in game menu, its is actually disapoining.
The beta phase did start in January but the final release is still not out.

With the move to Andorra and the drama with that, they also drove quite some european customers away and still have issues with shipping.

So my guess is, TO sits still on quite some MegaSDs they need to sell to earn money to produce or pay other products.
When they have the SD Super System 3 in production i dont think they have a lot money left for other stuff.
Even if they have the two Pro versions and the SSDS3 in production, i would quess quantitys are not that high.

I actually dont think they got a credit to produce more products. When you look at the time it takes to produce new stock, this wont be a wise decition for TO too.
They also have costs every months to pay, the longer it takes the worse it gets.

I dont know about the financeal standing of TO, but they are a small company.

My guess they will have some small stock of NeoSD Pro and SSDS3 in 1-3 weeks.

Anyway good luck to em.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Should be in stock soon again:
gif-promo.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's on the back burner until early next year. We have too much on our plate at the moment to roll out another device.

highflyin9

n00b
I ordered mine during the Black Friday sale and it just arrived today. Looks great and the case is well-made. Now to figure out how to get the roms loaded...

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Todd, any clarification on what “early next year” means? Just curious if that means you expect by March or possibly later?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
It's on the back burner until early next year. We have too much on our plate at the moment to roll out another device.

Not to be rude, but maybe you should do more support of your already existing devices.
New firmware for the NeoSD is still not out after almost one year the beta testing did end. The in Game Button on the Super SD System 3 is still buggy with some games, I was told there was no firmwareupdate for over a year.

It looks like you have a lot demanding customers but no products to deliver. The move to Andorra was from a EU customers sight bad, actually i would not order again with this many problems.
The SSDS3 for example has no CE sign on pakage or device. Customs could just block or even worse destroy the device because of that.
DHL Express is very expensive when doin customs, they add extra fees to the tax you need to pay.

Anyway up to you what you do and dish more stuff out. I only see a lot dissapointed ppl that are waiting for updates in different forums.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Not to be rude, but maybe you should do more support of your already existing devices.
New firmware for the NeoSD is still not out after almost one year the beta testing did end. The in Game Button on the Super SD System 3 is still buggy with some games, I was told there was no firmwareupdate for over a year.

It looks like you have a lot demanding customers but no products to deliver. The move to Andorra was from a EU customers sight bad, actually i would not order again with this many problems.
The SSDS3 for example has no CE sign on pakage or device. Customs could just block or even worse destroy the device because of that.
DHL Express is very expensive when doin customs, they add extra fees to the tax you need to pay.

Anyway up to you what you do and dish more stuff out. I only see a lot dissapointed ppl that are waiting for updates in different forums.

Gamemaster, are you having issues with your current firmware on the NeoSd?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Nope, actually i dont use it anymore, because i got a Pro too. Just sayin cheat support and some fixes to small known issues would be great for NeoSD owners (since the beta firmware contains that).
I know a lot ppl wait for it (even on their forum there are 3 threads with ppl that ask for it).
NeoSD Pro MVS still not out yet.

There is a new firmware out for the latest product (MegaSD) again. Great if that is that buggy, but the older producs need some care too. I dont beleave thease are already end of life for support, but at the moment with like one year no updates it seems so.
Sure TO is still small with only a few ppl, but again maybe its better to stick with the products they have now and give more support and when everything is good release the next thing.
I also know some ppl that have issues with the NeoSD Pro (graphical glitches) dont know whats up with that. PSU, dirty slots or something else?
I got no problems.
Maybe some different case for the SSDS3 for Turbografx Pal & 16 would be good also. Sure you can use the actual one but even the alingnment of the pin slots is not fitting corectly even when u remove the screws.
For example i had the remove the whole case to have the PCB fit on the PAL Turgografx and put it back on after without having 2 screws back in near the pins.
I know its not offical supported but it works, so why not ?
Just a few exsamples for improvement.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nope, actually i dont use it anymore, because i got a Pro too. Just sayin cheat support and some fixes to small known issues would be great for NeoSD owners (since the beta firmware contains that).
I know a lot ppl wait for it (even on their forum there are 3 threads with ppl that ask for it).
NeoSD Pro MVS still not out yet.

There is a new firmware out for the latest product (MegaSD) again. Great if that is that buggy, but the older producs need some care too. I dont beleave thease are already end of life for support, but at the moment with like one year no updates it seems so.
Sure TO is still small with only a few ppl, but again maybe its better to stick with the products they have now and give more support and when everything is good release the next thing.
I also know some ppl that have issues with the NeoSD Pro (graphical glitches) dont know whats up with that. PSU, dirty slots or something else?
I got no problems.
Maybe some different case for the SSDS3 for Turbografx Pal & 16 would be good also. Sure you can use the actual one but even the alingnment of the pin slots is not fitting corectly even when u remove the screws.
For example i had the remove the whole case to have the PCB fit on the PAL Turgografx and put it back on after without having 2 screws back in near the pins.
I know its not offical supported but it works, so why not ?
Just a few exsamples for improvement.

I agree, I've had my share of issues with the NeoSd. Luckily for me I have multiple consoles, some modded and others stock, some 5v and non 5v so if the NeoSd doesn't work correctly or work at all on one console I could try another. Scaling Issues on some consoles, Flashing Pixels on others. I just got a NeoSd pro and it doesn't work on my stock 5v Neo Consoles. I'm thinking it's power related so I'm waiting for Retrogame cave to release the new PSU. I also have another NeoSd that is currently not working at all (just getting a white screen when powered on) and waiting on a firmware from Todd.

I've spent a nice amount of money with Terraonion products (2 NeoSd Aes, 1 NeoSd MVS, 1 NeoSd Pro, 2 SuperSd, 1 MegaSd) and have supported them since day one even during the bullshit with darksoft. With that said, the customer service has been horrible. I've been going back and forth with Todd since Dec 9. All I wanted was to downgrade my firmware to fix a flashing pixel issue. I was sent a bogus firmware which now fucked up my $500 flash cart. I get 6 word response from Todd once a week. It's not Todd's fault but he's just a middle man. Alex decides when he's ready to handle customer service issues. Why should it take so long to send a file? TO has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Terraonion products are great but fuck me if you ever have an issue with one of them. Again, I agree with you GameMaster. TO should focus on the current product line up and customer support issues before they push out another product.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Yes support seems horrible, when you know some ppl that have issues and how slow the solution is ( if there is any). I actually know 2 ppl that gave up already on the high priced faulty Pro.
Something i would never do, but yes basicly your screwed if you import things and you know fileing a lawsuit is very complicated.
I think TO is still not aware how a company runs and have to react. I see them more like a hobbyist that makes big projects and sell thouse stuff, but if problems occur they like to stay out of it.
Then again they did replace the 1st SSDS3 batch for free.

TO has nice stuff to offer no doubt, but they act pretty dumb when it comes to customer care.
Thats the real problem they have, they do things that give them a bad repution for no reason and that is really poison for a small company.
They turn customers away and thouse wont come back if they dont change.
I mean look at you your quite unhappy with the support but love the products. I would guess you wont order new stuff from em unless the other products you own have all issues cleaned out.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
TO has nice stuff to offer no doubt, but they act pretty dumb when it comes to customer care.
Thats the real problem they have, they do things that give them a bad repution for no reason and that is really poison for a small company.
They turn customers away and thouse wont come back if they dont change.
I mean look at you your quite unhappy with the support but love the products. I would guess you wont order new stuff from em unless the other products you own have all issues cleaned out.

I'm not ready to call it quits on them yet. As long as they stand by their name and product I will wait. Just have to be patient and hope this issue gets resolved. This is the first time I've dealt directly with them and it hasn't been a good experience. The last time it was James (Xian XI) that handled a firmware issue when I had sent him a console because of a scaling issue with the NeoSd. I know they're a small business with a handful of people handling alot of customers so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I would think by now ports would be at the same level of my red cab, apparently they are still inferior.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
RAZO, did you have any luck with getting your issue resolved?

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I saw new posts and was hoping they had announced the MVS version was ready to go. Back to playing the waiting game.