NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've had a vanilla NEOSD MVS since it was released and have definitely enjoyed it. That said, having 4 flash slots on the PRO version so I can switch between my favorite games without having to wait to reflash games or fiddling with swapping MVS carts and the ability to play CD games is what sold me on the idea of upgrading. So I preordered one last night shortly after the new batch went live.

Booth carts have problems (my dont have any) not sure what is more worse.

What are some of the issues with the NeoSD PRO that you can think of?

Last edited:

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Issues:
From what i did see in the past.
1. Spacer problem between the 2 PCBs causes trouble on newer batches, cart is hard to insert. Leads to glitches or failing connections between the pcbs.
2. Voltage problems if someone uses powersupplys not strong enough or to old, leading to glitches/ sound- graphics problems. Dont know i use an old Megadrive powersupply and its works.
3. Some ppl had tiny pixel errors in some games but i guess thats fixed. Actually i did not spot on my so i cant really tell.
4. Some ppl did receive faulty? carts that did not work on the hardware they use.
5. Support took long or was bad in the past, some ppl posted half a year on TO forums without getting the problem fixed. Dont know if its now better, i guess forums are taken down for that reason.
6. 1 year warrantly, i saw posts that you dont get much support after that is gone. Cant tell if that is true or not.
7. Firmware updates getting rare after a new TO product is released.
8. If you live in the EU you have to pay import dutys now, because of tax saving practics of TO. But thats something you have to do when ordering Darksoft too.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The spacer problems are a legit issue. I had to shave the openings on both mvs and aes pro. They did not make solid contact and on some boards wouldn't work at all.

Also I'm experiencing sound issues with my mvs pro when playing NeoCd games on 2 slot boards. I've only experienced this issue with NeoCd games though, not regular roms.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Also I'm experiencing sound issues with my mvs pro when playing NeoCd games on 2 slot boards. I've only experienced this issue with NeoCd games though, not regular roms.

You should consider buying a NGCD and getting in on the last batch of the furrtek ODEs.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's a miracle that the Neo CD sound works at all, but it seems to be quite buggy, even with the optimum image files. Not sure if it's really good enough to play and ignore for some games. Too many sudden volume changes and stray noises.

drakus

n00b
Mine worked on one console and not the others. Thought it was power related but turns out it was the contacts that weren't making a good connection and I was getting a blank white screen. Like original Neo Carts if you shake them they are suppose to rattle a little. The same goes for mvs carts. If you shake the Neosd Pro and the pcbs hardly move that's not good. You might even experience some glitches or get errors because of it.

After shaving the inserts at the botto the cart slides in the slot smooth like butter.
Hi Razo, I just got an neosd pro mvs and have the spacer issue with my unit. Works great as long as the bottom spacer is off. What file did you use to modify the spacer? Or did you use a fine sandpaper?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hi Razo, I just got an neosd pro mvs and have the spacer issue with my unit. Works great as long as the bottom spacer is off. What file did you use to modify the spacer? Or did you use a fine sandpaper?
Sorry for the late reply bud. I used a few of the smaller metal ones in this set. They need enough room to make good contact. Hope this helps.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
That's some great quality control right there, terraonion. Forcing your customers to buy tools to fix your shit. 11/10 would buy again :oh_no:

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yodd sent out 3D printed replacements for the spacer. Not sure if he'll send you one if you bought the cart secondhand.

But this is for MVS? I thought it was just an issue with the AES cart.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It was with both. I had to open up the one I sent you as well because it wouldn't work. Might want to hit up Todd for the spacer replacement if you want something nicer looking.

drakus

n00b
I ended up using a fine sandpaper with a small pry tool to expand the spacer slots. It didn't requiere much but it's not something I was expecting on this new pro batch. For me it didn't work on a 2 and 4 slot boards but after the mod it works every time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I ended up using a fine sandpaper with a small pry tool to expand the spacer slots. It didn't requiere much but it's not something I was expecting on this new pro batch. For me it didn't work on a 2 and 4 slot boards but after the mod it works every time.
Yea whatever works. Funny how the older black shells with the regular Neosd's didn't have this problem but these new transparent ones do.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Anyone order in the new Batch recieve theirs yet? I ordered a Neo SD Pro AES and a MODE early March.
I got my Pro MVS yesterday. I ordered directly from TO. I believe they're starting work on the AES this week. According to their discord, they are shipping direct MVS orders first, StoneAgeGamer MVS orders second, direct AES orders third, StoneAgeGamer AES orders fourth. Don't quote me on that though.

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
I've had my Pro AES for a while, but never messed with the in-game menu. Just recently tried it out and thought I'd see what's available in the cheats. It says to press A for cheats, but nothing happens...not in any game I've tried. Anyone else have this issue?

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I've had my Pro AES for a while, but never messed with the in-game menu. Just recently tried it out and thought I'd see what's available in the cheats. It says to press A for cheats, but nothing happens...not in any game I've tried. Anyone else have this issue?
You'll have to load up the cheats yourself. See the TerraOnion Wiki for more information on how to do this.

burianico

n00b
A couple of screenshots. :eye:

Slot selection menu

View attachment 41586

In-game menu

View attachment 41587

In-game slot change

View attachment 41588

In-game cheats

View attachment 41589

To enable cheats, download this zip file and copy the content to the root directory of the SD card.

I'm not using cheats at all. Just to push the console to the limit, enable infinite laser/homing/grenade in Last Resort. :glee:

Apologies for the bad picture quality.
Hi, could you reload cheats.zip file? Website is not working. Thanks!