NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Has anyone had sound issues with with the MVS pro? NeoCd games work fine on MV1c but missing some music sounds on 2 slot.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Has anyone had sound issues with with the MVS pro? NeoCd games work fine on MV1c but missing some music sounds on 2 slot.

Might be related to what the Game Sack video talked about. It appears to be specific to certain board types and, for non-NeoCD games, ones that use the RAM slot. Future firmware update should fix it.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
We aren't sure yet. The are really costly to produce.

If the demand is there, I'm sure we will look into it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Might be related to what the Game Sack video talked about. It appears to be specific to certain board types and, for non-NeoCD games, ones that use the RAM slot. Future firmware update should fix it.

What games are confirmed to have this problem? I would like to test them. And is this only for 2 slot boards?

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What games are confirmed to have this problem? I would like to test them. And is this only for 2 slot boards?

I tested on two 2 slot boards and I have sound issues. Sometimes Music and SE are missing or sound weird. Only with NeoCd games though. The roms work no problem.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Ninja Commando was one. Game Sack tested it on Joe's 1-slot board.

Here's the video.

glazball

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
We aren't sure yet. The are really costly to produce.

If the demand is there, I'm sure we will look into it.

I’m finally ready for one as well. Is there somewhere on the TO site to show interest?

Gentlegamer

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
10 Year Member
Stone Age Gamer just announced it will be taking pre-orders for a new batch of NeoSD Pro on Jan 24

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Pre-orders for the pros are now up on SAG, shipping in March. Looks like you can pre-order directly from TO's site tomorrow as well. And then go into chat and ask for shipping info every day and make Andorra LOL jokes.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I’m having a hard time justifying buying the Pro since I have the normal one. But that’s awesome they opened up orders again for people who want them.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I’m having a hard time justifying buying the Pro since I have the normal one. But that’s awesome they opened up orders again for people who want them.

Other than the Neo CD images support and multiple games, I don't know there's much reason to switch. At this point I think it might be worth it for me to get some flavor of one of these for the remaining games I'm not going to shell out the $$$ for like NiTD and MPE, plus I'd be able to sell some of my lesser played games. Slug full set will be going to my grave w/me though.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
At this point I think it might be worth it for me to get some flavor of one of these for the remaining games I'm not going to shell out the $$$ for like NiTD and MPE, plus I'd be able to sell some of my lesser played games. Slug full set will be going to my grave w/me though.

That’s what I did too. Just pair it down to my favorites and have the MegaSD for everything else. I’m not getting rid of my Slug MVS set anytime soon either. :D

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Anybody have (or have extensive experience with) both the Darksoft one and the TO Pro and care to weigh in on which is better?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well i dont own the darksoft one, but i think i know a few differences of booth.

If you Compare NeoSD Pro with Darksoft Neo Flashcart

NeoSD Pro plays even roms with copy protection while Darksoft need patched / copy protection removed Roms (afaik not sure its stated otherwise on the feature list)
NeoSD Pro plays Neo-Geo CD Games while Darksoft dont
NeoSd Pro got 4 Flash slots where Games stay untill you overwrite em and one fast Ram slot Darksoft got 3 Ram Slots
NeoSD Pro got Plug for linkable Games Darksoft dont
NeoSd Pro got Cheats and Jukebox Darksoft dont?
NeoSd Pro is more expensive then the Darksoft one

The rest of the features should be mainly the same.

Booth carts have problems (my dont have any) not sure what is more worse.

If im wrong or missed something feel free to correct me. Its not my intension to let one cart look bad.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Darksoft doesn’t get much love in these forums (bridges were burned over the CPS2 Multi) but I have his AES cart and it works fine. The early firmware had some glitches but the latest firmware works great. Three RAM-based slots and they all load games quickly-no complaints here.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He doesn't get much love for other reasons but no doubt he does make some cool stuff. That being said, I would stick to the NeoSd when it comes to Neo Flash carts. It seems like the one that has the least amount of issues and more features.

I know the Ds Neo Multi had alot of issues when it first came out but I think most of them were resolved.