Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEOSD PRO Black Transparent Smoke Shells/AES Case (Pre production tests/samples)

NEOSD PRO Black Transparent Smoke Shells/AES Case (Pre production tests/samples)

Hello guys,

We got transparent shells and case pictures today.

We are still trying to decide if we will go with solid black shells/case or with transparent ones.

I think AES transparent case looks pretty cool and the set will look much cooler in transparent smoke ratter than in solid black.

The ones with a super sd system 3 can imagine that the final pieces will look much better than those pictures.

We should have samples here at the end of the next week and we will have to take a decision to start producing shells.

Anyways, here are the pictures. Please, feel free to coment about those and about your own preference (solid black vs smoke transparent)

Alex,
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

More pictures

EDIT : Notice that the pictures were taken with regular old neosd pcbs, not with neosd PRO pcbs.
    Last edited by neosd; 11-10-2018 at 06:36 AM.
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

Gai's Trainer
    Dear god, they look gorgeous ...but I prefer the solid black color

A loyal Sakura Kasugano Fan since 1996

Hardened Shock Trooper

They look great!
    I to would prefer a Solid black as its more "traditional" but they do look great smoked as well!

Bashful Neophyte

I'll be purchasing the MVS Pro Day 1 regardless, but Transparent Smoke would be my preference.
    Last edited by elevengames; 11-10-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Ninja Combat Warrior

I like the transparent smoke, looks great!

Bunker Buster

My vote is for transparent smoke. Looks good.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

It’s an instant purchase either way, but the smoked looks great.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Gotta have that transparent smoke, looks beautiful.

I would prefer solid black, but maybe do options so everyone can choose when purchasing.
    SNK the future is now

Andy's Clothes Designer

Is it going to have a headphone jack for link games? Just wondering if that's what the hole is for....

I like transparent casings on my electronics, so transparent black for me. Looks great, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by fenikso View Post
    Is it going to have a headphone jack for link games? Just wondering if that's what the hole is for....

I like transparent casings on my electronics, so transparent black for me. Looks great, btw.
    Its a serial port, we could use it for link games or for other things.

Zero's Tailor

Looks great.
    What about doing a solid black case and transparent shell combo?

Either way, black or transparent smoke will look amazing.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

I can't decide...both look great, both have advantages...anyway, whatever you decide, I'll be getting an AES one day 1 (hope my budget for this is enough ).

Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    I can't decide...both look great, both have advantages...anyway, whatever you decide, I'll be getting an AES one day 1 (hope my budget for this is enough ).
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Yes, its tough decision.

There are 3 factors, the first one is the weight and dimensions.

NEOSD PRO Shell is 220 grs and a case is another 220 more grs (aprox) so its 400-440 grs to ship from China to Spain, plus the space it takes in a box.

The other 2 is that we have to store those here and that we canīt really import shells that no one is going to choose.

So this makes it a tough decision, i myself would preffer the transparent one (i think the case looks amazing this way), but if you guys preffer solid black, i will just keep the 5 transparent samples that will arrive here next week, for myself and just submit a solid black order for everyone else.
    We have to see the final pieces here next week, live, to take a decision. Cover designer needs to see it also.

BTW Transparent one also has an extra (production) cost cause color treatment.

About the price :

Our plan is to get (regular) NEOSD actual price and the production costs difference from (regular) NEOSD and NEOSD PRO, then sum those 2 and make an small rebate on NEOSD PRO final price.

EXAMPLE :

So lets say that if the production costs difference among (regular) NEOSD and NEOSD PRO is 10 euros, and (regular) NEOSD price is 450 euros shipped, we would put NEOSD PRO price to 458 euros. This is more or less the plan.

But 458 euros will not be the price, its just an example. The price will be higher cause NEOSD PRO is a really expensive product to produce and manufacturing risk is really high there cause it has a pile of chips. Just imagine one of those SRAMS is faulty or bad soldered, we would loose a really high amount of money with just one faulty unit.

Resuming : we preffer to sell regular NEOSDs ratter than PROs, we are already producing the first PRO batch and depending about how it performs (sales) and how the failure rate at factory is (i think its about 0,3% on regular NEOSD now) we will decide if we would produce more NEOSD PROS once we are out of srams and flashes or we will just produce regular NEOSDs and not more PROs.
    Last edited by neosd; 11-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Hardened Shock Trooper

I would prefer the classic black shell.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

I dig the transparent one, and would further differentiate it from the original NeoSD in a cool way.

I'd prefer a black case though.

Maybe do MVS one way and AES the other?

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Maybe do MVS one way and AES the other?
    I like this idea quite a bit. Have MVS be transparent and AES solid black.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Honestly, even though I prefer the smoke, if it adds to cost I would just go with the solid black.

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Honestly, even though I prefer the smoke, if it adds to cost I would just go with the solid black.
    The price is more or less decided (since last week), cause we are only waiting for final molds/shells production/shipping costs, BUT we are using the pcbs production costs as reference/difference to set the price, cause if we use molds/shipment/shells productions costs to do the maths, the price may go to the skies.

We asume that we are going to have much less margin on NEOSD PRO than the one we had in regular NEOSD, but there is an important reason to create NEOSD PRO, so we decided to make it (its not competition BTW)

Resuming : even if we go with transparent shell and the price of the shells is a bit higher for us, it will not make a difference on the price of NEOSD PRO.

BTW : We just donīt want to anounce the price until we show the final device and open sales, i hope you guys understand that, we want to make a proper release as much as possible

Alex,
    Last edited by neosd; 11-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Just wonder, do you plan to sell terraonion cases to NeoSD owners, since they came without one ?
    SNK the future is now

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I prefer Solid Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster View Post
    Just wonder, do you plan to sell terraonion cases to NeoSD owners, since they came without one ?
    The main issue about this is shipping costs : 12 euros to europe/16 euros outside europe (from Spain), then you have to add 21% spanish VAT on the invoice (only to europe)

But, there is a posibility we could do it. This relies on shipping the shells from China to the customer, factory said they could do it but we donīt know how much it would cost us.

Resuming : we would like to, doing it from Europe would make the price high cause shipping shells from china to spain (pay duty), and shipping those back to the final customer with european shipping costs would ruin the deal, but we may be able to do it shipping from China to final customer directly reducing shipping costs.
    Last edited by neosd; 11-12-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Timid Neo Newbie

I will be buying one and prefer black. That said, I would buy smoke without hesitation if that was all that was left.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    The price is more or less decided (since last week), cause we are only waiting for final molds/shells production/shipping costs, BUT we are using the pcbs production costs as reference/difference to set the price, cause if we use molds/shipment/shells productions costs to do the maths, the price may go to the skies.

We asume that we are going to have much less margin on NEOSD PRO than the one we had in regular NEOSD, but there is an important reason to create NEOSD PRO, so we decided to make it (its not competition BTW)

Resuming : even if we go with transparent shell and the price of the shells is a bit higher for us, it will not make a difference on the price of NEOSD PRO.

BTW : We just donīt want to anounce the price until we show the final device and open sales, i hope you guys understand that, we want to make a proper release as much as possible

Alex,
    I see, thanks for the clairification. Either way you all decide to go, looking forward to the final product!

Thread Information