New Neo Geo Owner

chromesphere

New Challenger
My first Neo. A few more games coming. I started with a CD but then caved and went for an AES with MVS adapter. This is what i have so far. The whole collection "the cupboard of awesome" as i have coined it, and the aes/mvs/cd stuff.

The 2nd photo is old so missing a few things, but i have a constant procession of stuff showing up at the moment so it kind of changes everyday!

Also, CRT needs to be upgrade... yeah...

Attachments

• 20180303_151823.jpg
    20180303_151823.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 596
  • 20180222_215719.jpg
    20180222_215719.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 602

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
that is a gorgeous set.
sadly, not an SNK gear owner...yet. :D
if you haven't done so already, look up 'neosd' on the boards.
probably the greatest innovation toward neo-geo to date.
also, CRT's are getting rarer, and don't have the clarity of a quality flatscreen.
friend modified his coinops, ripped out the CRT-eye cancer generators for hd-flatscreens.
pixels are sharp enough to skewer eyeballs, free from scanlines too.
painted on.
anyway, thanks for sharing.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Good work mate, dont let Mr Do put you off ;)

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
that is a gorgeous set.
probably the greatest innovation toward neo-geo to date.
also, CRT's are getting rarer, and don't have the clarity of a quality flatscreen.
friend modified his coinops, ripped out the CRT-eye cancer generators for hd-flatscreens.
pixels are sharp enough to skewer eyeballs, free from scanlines too.
painted on.

R u like ...high?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
do you like, grammar?
must be high to continuously post on this furom.
please show some decorum and not trash others subjects, example and that! :D

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
Time for endless hours of fun. Enjoy your AES!

chromesphere

New Challenger
Thanks guys!

I have about 5 G&W games, i think i had about 10 when i was younger, dont know where the others went :(

Joala, that paypal case is still going. It didnt cost me alot so not the end of the world, and it still works so not a total loss.

Kert, Seriously i have so many games im not sure where to start. Its a wonderful feeling :D

chromesphere

New Challenger
Did the douche not get back to you?

We actually came to an argreement but its too late, paypal are on the case. He's not comfortable giving me the cash and I'm not comfortable sending him a paypal bill. I don't trust this guy. So its with paypal now. "Saga" :(

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What’s the seller’s username? Are they local? I’d prefer to avoid them.

chromesphere

New Challenger
It was a Gumtree post f4u57, I probably should have been more careful... The seller has no idea what hes selling.

chromesphere

New Challenger
A few of the controllers ive built.

The black controller was a premade enclosure I bought from a supplier, I used to use it with a keyboard encoder (ripped from a keyboard) with mame, but I've converted it for AES recently. Its actually nice to have an arcade panel feel when playing the AES for an authentic feel. Also swapped out the old Happ buttons (which I cant stand personally) for sanwas. The Joystick is a JLW, not ideal but I had it available and its still a really nice joystick (not keen on swapping out the spring at this point). Currently having a few issues with the debug bios and the select button, details in the tech help section if anyone can provide any suggestions!

The blue / wooden stick is a JLF with sanwa buttons and a wireless keyboard encoder (again, ripped from a keyboard). This is my mame controller and my favorite.

The Qbert controller I built for my son, I asked him what theme he wanted and that's what he choose! How proud I am :D Really nice size especially for him. Uses a cheap zero-delay encoder off ebay with wiring bundle, it was so easy to put together. My woodworking skills are a little sub par though and it ended up with a few gaps :(

Thanks for looking, comments welcome :)

Attachments

• 20180327_181448.jpg
    20180327_181448.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 394

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Qbert controller I built for my son, I asked him what theme he wanted and that's what he choose!

The Q*bert stick is my fave! I love small, lightweight controllers, like the XE series from Micomsoft. The motive is excellent, too, and it fits that the Joystick ball looks like little Q*b himself ;).

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
came into thread expecting to see photos of dogs...let disappointed