Finally, Im back...

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
I like to own one original cart or disc for each system I own just for the hell of it. So yeah I got Samurai Shodown coming because I need a game to try my console out with and that will be my one original cart for the system. Besides the fact it will be awhile before I can afford the SD cart too.

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
Exactly! This was part of my reasoning for coming back to original hardware. I already have Everdrives for my Master System, Genesis, and PC Engine. Next will be the Geo!

Oh yeah, that's the way to do it. I can't lie, I do like owning original games when I can... but yeah, Neo Geo isn't an easy one to do that for.

Have you seen the Super SD System 3.0 for PC Engine yet? Really makes me want to get rid of my Turbo Everdrive and upgrade at some point in the future. Play CD games from SD card and get composite/AV out of a U.S. TurboGrafx with the same unit? That's just amazing.

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
Oh yeah, that's the way to do it. I can't lie, I do like owning original games when I can... but yeah, Neo Geo isn't an easy one to do that for.

Have you seen the Super SD System 3.0 for PC Engine yet? Really makes me want to get rid of my Turbo Everdrive and upgrade at some point in the future. Play CD games from SD card and get composite/AV out of a U.S. TurboGrafx with the same unit? That's just amazing.

Yes Ive seen it, definitely looks awesome. Might pick one up one day.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
People become attached to physical items and it ends up owning them in the process so when there is a perfectly adequate opportunity to rid yourself of clutter why not? seems fair.

Spoken like a true minimalist!

I'm lucky enough to have a bit of money to buy the carts (MVS) I was never able to when I was younger. So I'm just getting the carts I'm interest in and when I'm done, I'll sell them and get a neosd.

Last edited:

samdiep

n00b
I like to own the original carts but play the 161 in 1 cart before I can save enough to get the original. I have to say I hate scrolling down the list of games in the 161 in 1 cart before I can get to the games I want to play. If I have the original it in much simpler to grab the game of the shelf and put it in the neo Geo.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Spoken like a true minimalist!

I'm lucky enough to have a bit of money to buy the carts (MVS) I was never able to when I was younger. So I'm just getting the carts I'm interest in and when I'm done, I'll sell them and get a neosd.

It was my carts that bought me the NeoSD :keke:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
@ ssjlance.
it maybe worth keeping the tg everdrive as a working redundancy for hucard roms.
also, it's reliable, known and not likely to lose support by krikzz anytime soon, even in the face of the superior card.
with this arse end addon, possibility of both devs collaborating in some way in the future to create a ui that interacts between the two.
also, compatibility issues regarding hack roms may not work across the board for both.
new fanhacks every so often, if that's your thing too. :D

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Hell I know this is a BS post, but im just excited:buttrock:

As Arnold would say....

"Im Back"

Excellent comeback Post neofreak696. It was totally worth while.

It's great that everyone has the option of flashcarts. Personally, I still like having the original games. I have a lot of MVS carts and I still enjoy them. A while ago I unloaded my 18 AES games to switch to MVS and I feel that was enough of a compromise.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
great post, i'm kind of in the same boat as you. had an AES with 10 original games or so which i sold about 10 years ago due to how expensive games were. and the over the past 2 months Ive got myself a 1 slot MVS board and an Ja[ boxed AES...and it's all down the the NeoSD being available...because there is now way I'm paying thousands for games now.

i remember selling my copy if SNK vs Capcom to guy in Australia for 100 quid! its worth 4-5 times that now! faaaak

Sega Rhea

n00b
The NeoSD is why I'm back into Neo Geo now (having previously sold off my CMVS and CD units years ago) and by extension this site as well (though, I had to make a new user name as it's been so long since I've been here I don't have a damned clue what it is anymore), so don't feel bad at all.

I don't typically like Everdrives, as I do like having original carts and if I can afford them, boxes and manuals. But for things like the Saturn, PC Engine and Neo Geo where collectors and scalpers have made collecting a freakin joke, I support such devices fully. I wanted to get back into Saturn recently, and my jaw about hit the floor when I checked to see games that I had just bought for about 20 bucks 3-4 years ago going for a few hundred bucks a piece, and ended up simply getting a Rhea SD card board instead. Like the Neo SD, it was about 4-500 bucks, but it beats paying nearly that for a boxed copy of a couple RPGs or fighting games.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
i feel the same, i have a Japanese N64 and Super Famicom collection boxed mint but i bought most of it over 10-12 years ago before the retro scene really hit...think my collection has doubled/trebled in price its crazy.

as for Neo Geo games, i don't see how anyone regardless of wealth could justify paying thousands on a single cart. i was looking at MVS carts and even those are priced way above what they should be.

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
It came today.... I spent the day cleaning it up and modding her. Did a LED mod next to the power switch, I don't like the look of the LED reset button mod, just too much to me. I also added S-Video and stereo audio jacks. The S-Video had really bad jail-bars on the screen at first. I have a later model 3-6 motherboard. Looked online and seen I needed to cut a few traces. Did that and its crystal clear now. Super pumped to own one again. Now just need a NeoSD and another controller.:buttrock:

20180308_200442.jpg20180308_200506.jpg20180308_200513.jpg20180308_200522.jpg