jrok and framemeister

iyox

n00b
I have a consolized MVS with a jrok video encoder that works(ed) well on an old projection TV via component. That TV has recently died on me so in an attempt to continue using my MVS I tried hooking it up to my main screen via the Framemeister. Unfortunately, the component hookup only plays sound and displays a blue screen. The Framemeister seems to recognize some signal as it doesn't display the "no input" message but I never get any video. I have confirmed the component output is still working via another monitor. I am guessing the sync signal is causing the issue. Anyone have any recommendations?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would remove the JROK from the equation and use the Framemeister with RGB from your consolized MVS instead.

iyox

n00b
I would remove the JROK from the equation and use the Framemeister with RGB from your consolized MVS instead.

Can I use the RGB pass-through from the jrok and wire up a JP21 cable from that? Or would I need to build a cable off the jamma edge?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The pass through sounds like a good plan if you wish to keep the Jrok attached. I ended up eventually getting rid of the encoder entirely on my supergun. I use an external component encoder for my CRT now.