Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everybody so excited about NeoSD flash cart?

Morden's Lackey

Why is everybody so excited about NeoSD flash cart?

I really don't get it. Ok, so you're ripping roms off the web and play them on your AES but it is still not the real deal, so why does everybody act like it's hot cakes? 500 bucks for something I could achieve with a rPi for a fraction of the cost.
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Art of Typing Wiz

icon15.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    I really don't get it. Ok, so you're ripping roms off the web and play them on your AES but it is still not the real deal, so why does everybody act like it's hot cakes? 500 bucks for something I could achieve with a rPi for a fraction of the cost.
    I can't tell if you're a legit fucking idiot or a troll who's seriously bored.

You might want to look at what exactly the NeoSD is and then think about how dumb that comment was.
    Last edited by Viewpoint; 03-01-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Morden's Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    I can't tell if you're a legit fucking idiot or a troll who's seriously bored.

You might want to look at what exactly the NeoSD is and then think about how dumb that comment was.
    Looked at it, it's shit. You're ripping the roms from THE LATEST MAME RELEASE, fuckwit. Same source as all emulators out there.
    Check your facts.
    Last edited by Gaston; 03-01-2018 at 07:41 AM.

A Retropi setup is not the same though. One, it's emulating the machine, two, it has input lag. The NeoSD is a flashcart, there's no emulation going on at all. So yes, it is playing the real deal. You might want to do some more research on things before you say things that are incorrect. Also, those roms "ripped" from mame? Those roms were "ripped" from carts.
    Last edited by Kid Panda; 03-01-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.
    Sounds like Darksofts cart would be right up your alley buddy.
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Toptier
    Nice bait.

fail.gif

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    A Retropi setup is not the same though. One, it's emulating the machine, two, it has input lag. The NeoSD is a flashcart, there's no emulation going on at all. So yes, it is playing the real deal. You might want to do some more research on things before you say things that are incorrect. Also, those roms "ripped" from mame? Those roms were "ripped" from carts.
    This.

I dont understand what this dumbass is getting at. Maybe he's bored and just wants to troll. If you own original games and dislike flash carts than the more power to you but don't bash a device that allows you to play roms on original hardware. The NeoSd is a awesome device that works as intended.

Morden's Lackey
    A Retropi setup is not the same though. One, it's emulating the machine, two, it has input lag. The NeoSD is a flashcart, there's no emulation going on at all. So yes, it is playing the real deal. You might want to do some more research on things before you say things that are incorrect.
    Sweet Jesus. This forum is like a time trap filled with dinosaurs. The only difference is that the micro SD card (=flash memory) is going into a USD 500 AES cart so that you can play on the original machine. Why? Because the hardware is obsolete old technology.
    Also, those roms "ripped" from mame? Those roms were "ripped" from carts.
    On the NeoSD site you will see the "dev" says to use the latest mame build to get the roms - promoting piracy. OFCOURSE Roms are ripped from the original carts, it's not like they appear from thin air. Hardly the 'real deal', is it? You should read up on what rom dumping is and how it works. A pi uses the exact same roms in other words. Input lag? Incorrect, there is no input lag.

Nevermind replying, you're all stuck in the early 00's with no common sense anymore. Go ahead and pay 500 bucks for a pile of garbage. Easy victims.

Morden's Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    This.

I dont understand what this dumbass is getting at. Maybe he's bored and just wants to troll. If you own original games and dislike flash carts than the more power to you but don't bash a device that allows you to play roms on original hardware. The NeoSd is a awesome device that works as intended.
    didnt mean to troll, but you're blind fanboyism pisses me off. But go ahead and get shafted for 500 bucks, I won't stop you.
    Last edited by Gaston; 03-01-2018 at 08:26 AM.

No input lag on the pi?

I seriously suggest you educate yourself before making false claims.

You simply don’t know what you are talking about.

Morden's Lackey
    They're shit too. Go original or don't go at all.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.
    No input lag on a retropi. I like this guy. He funny.

Go original or don't go at all.
    Thats deep cocker, give us another
    Last edited by joala; 03-01-2018 at 08:30 AM.
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    If you don't get why it's a great thing then move along, it's not for you.

Morden's Lackey
    Maybe you should get your shit straight and RTFM?
    ZERO input lag when TV on game mode, cabled controllers and don't mess around with the video settings if you don't know what you're doing.
    But hey, 2018 might be a bit too challenging for you in terms of technical advancements.

Morden's Lackey
    Thanks, you're right.
    It is meant for people who want to play Neo Geo games on original hardware but who don't have the cash to go original. Not me indeed.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.
    and don't mess around with the video settings.
    This guy has all the insider knowledge!

Toptier
    didnt mean to troll, but you're blind fanboyism pisses me off. But go ahead and get shafted for 500 bucks, I won't stop you.
    Gaston, you are misinformed man. You are incorrect on a number of points.

(1) Input lag on the Pi (and other emulator based systems) is proven, weather it's from USB polling rate, or from the emulation overhead. There are many reports about this, and the data has been replicated by a number of reputable sources. This is not up for debate.

(2) Playing real ROMS on real hardware is legit. The media format does not make a difference. The MVS cares not about the physical storage media.

The issue of piracy is debatable, but most folks realize that SNK or the other developers are not seeing any money from this - none of these games are for sale on the platform, so there's no possibility of revenue. Pirating an officially released port for a still-selling console is another matter, but that's not what we're discussing here.

Finally your argument about cost is moot. Some of is here have jobs that give us a disposable income that we can spend any way we like. What I don't understand is your getting but-hurt over how strangers choose to spend their money. Perhaps you have some issues to work out.

Maybe you should get your shit straight and RTFM?
    ZERO input lag when TV on game mode, cabled controllers and don't mess around with the video settings if you don't know what you're doing.
    But hey, 2018 might be a bit too challenging for you in terms of technical advancements.

The lag is in the emulation. Between 5 to 7 frames. This is a documented fact.

Also a fact: You are an idiot.

Morden's Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    This guy has all the insider knowledge!
    yeah, using other words might confuse you. Your 110 Megs of memory can't cope.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.
    yeah, using other words might confuse you. Your 110 Megs of memory can't cope.
    Sorry mate, I'm still messing with my video settings. I'll be with you shortly.

Morden's Lackey
    trololololol
    Cool bro, appreciate your comment.

Toptier
    No reply from Gaston because he's done some research and found out that he needs to make an apology. He's figuring out how to come out of this gracefully. We might be waiting a while.

Morden's Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    Sorry mate, I'm still messing with my video settings. I'll be with you shortly.
    Stack overflow?

Morden's Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    No reply from Gaston because he's done some research and found out that he needs to make an apology. He's figuring out how to come out of this gracefully. We might be waiting a while.
    Spamming replies to these fools is intensive, hard work! Forum does not agree! Apologies? No thanks. NeoSD is for noobs
    Last edited by Gaston; 03-01-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Spamming replies to these fools is intensive, hard work! Forum does not agree! Apologies? No thanks. NeoSD is for noobs
    That sounds like something a poor person would say.

Thread Information