Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Asked For Custom
    Rank. Unsure If
    I Can Be Bothered.

icon15.gif I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Still unemployed, but am pulling in enough money to pay for rent now, so I no longer entirely count as a freeloader; that counts for something, right? Eh, probably not.

I just got lucky and my daughter's SSI benefits are substantial enough for me to take care of what's important for us to survive while I focus on being a single dad until she gets older and doesn't need quite as much direct attention anymore; works out pretty well in my mind, at least for the next little while.

I'm starting to wonder if being in drag on my Facebook profile pic is making me seem less desirable as an employee. I'll change that before doing any more applications, whenever I put myself back on the job market; shouldn't be a problem, but some people don't like it if you have a dick and wear a dress. *shrug*

Big tax return mostly went to paying debts and getting some shit to try and sell for profit, but I also picked up a NeoSD (along with some cheap TG16 games and a few albums on vinyl and cassette), and that's why I'm back here again with you beautiful bastards.

I guess I only feel like coming here when playing a lot of Neo Geo.

Luckily, I'm too broke to make much use of the marketplace, so you guys at least know I'm not a leech, huh?

I don't feel like talkng to people for long stretches of time just because depression is a bitch. But I feel pretty good right now.

Who wants to try and knock me down a few pegs? I know you guys have it in your hearts and souls.

Love you all. <3

P.S. Sorry about the wall of text; brevity's never really been my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan
    You talk too much, probably why you can't find a job.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Glad to hear you’re seeing your daughter as the number one priority in your life over everything else.

Hopefully you bought your daughter some fun things to enjoy with that tax return and didnt splurge it all on yourself.

Life’s a balance

Asked For Custom
    Rank. Unsure If
    I Can Be Bothered.
    I have been. We've been going out and finding her some new clothes, as well as various toys. The one that's interesting enough to warrant a mention is a VTech VSmile system I found with about 5 or 6 games for $20 at the local thrift shop, though she's a bit young to play with it now. Beyond that, it's been pretty typical toddler toys; baby dolls, balls, etc.

She is smart enough to try and play on arcade style sticks, though I don't think she's yet reached the age where she can discern what actions she's performing. She just sees me play it and mimics it, but it's still fun to let her sit there and pretend to play on player 2 (for like two minutes until she gets bored and runs off to play with some other toy).

I've also been trying to curb my swearing while playing video games around her; I did not realize how often I used "Cocksucker!" as a generic insult until I kept cutting myself off right after yelling, "Cock!"

I guess to be fair, if she picks up the word "cock," it's still better than "cocksucker," at least. Somewhat, anyway.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    who is this noob?

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Maybe reduce the drug consumption? Might be easier on the finances + make you more employable.

Camel Slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    who is this noob?
    He's from Alaska.

Asked For Custom
    Rank. Unsure If
    I Can Be Bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    Maybe reduce the drug consumption? Might be easier on the finances + make you more employable.
    The only drug I consume regularly is marijuana, and I haven't gotten far enough in my attempts to be drug-tested; well, unless using mushrooms and/or DXM about twice a year counts as "regularly," anyway.

Also, the weed is practically free, since my whole family smokes and we all grow together. Nice to finally be in a legal state.

Not bad logic on your part, though, so I can't knock that.
    Last edited by ssjlance; 03-01-2018 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Grammar, clarity, etc.

Asked For Custom
    Rank. Unsure If
    I Can Be Bothered.
    who is this noob?
    I am the wild blue yonder. The front line in a never-ending battle between good and not-so-good. With the magnanimous help of some other folks I know, we form the yin to villany's malevolent yang.

Destiny has chosen us.

King of Fighters Medic

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    He's from Alaska.
    He's also the one I beat in Galaga '88.

Welcome back ;).

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    I am the wild blue yonder. The front line in a never-ending battle between good and not-so-good. With the magnanimous help of some other folks I know, we form the yin to villany's malevolent yang.

Destiny has chosen us.
    You a faggot boi or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Destiny has chosen us.
    get a job and stop getting high on purple drank.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    who is this noob?
    He is the guy who posted his console collection on reddit and it had an AES on a cheap plastic shelf.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Geese's Thug
    Good luck Earning money and using the marketplace adequately!

Knock on wood

Still unemployed, but am pulling in enough money to pay for rent now, so I no longer entirely count as a freeloader; that counts for something, right? Eh, probably not.

I just got lucky and my daughter's SSI benefits are substantial enough for me to take care of what's important for us to survive while I focus on being a single dad until she gets older and doesn't need quite as much direct attention anymore; works out pretty well in my mind, at least for the next little while.

I'm starting to wonder if being in drag on my Facebook profile pic is making me seem less desirable as an employee. I'll change that before doing any more applications, whenever I put myself back on the job market; shouldn't be a problem, but some people don't like it if you have a dick and wear a dress. *shrug*

Big tax return mostly went to paying debts and getting some shit to try and sell for profit, but I also picked up a NeoSD (along with some cheap TG16 games and a few albums on vinyl and cassette), and that's why I'm back here again with you beautiful bastards.

I guess I only feel like coming here when playing a lot of Neo Geo.

Luckily, I'm too broke to make much use of the marketplace, so you guys at least know I'm not a leech, huh?

I don't feel like talkng to people for long stretches of time just because depression is a bitch. But I feel pretty good right now.

Who wants to try and knock me down a few pegs? I know you guys have it in your hearts and souls.

Love you all. <3

P.S. Sorry about the wall of text; brevity's never really been my thing.

Soooooo, let me get this straight.

You are unemployed, live off your daughters SSI and just recently bought a NEOSD.

Way to be a responsible parent.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    BOOM!

Headshot.
    I'm surrounded by console peasants

The Abominable Big Beef Man GregN's Avatar
    Never heard of him.

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post

You are unemployed, live off your daughters SSI and just recently bought a NEOSD.

Holy shit hahaha

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

Winning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    Hey guys give him a break, his girlfriend died...Right Stevenk

Mai's Stalker

Not only that he is buying boxes of video game shit to resell on ebay. With no job and no income I wonder where that money is coming from....
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Athena's Stalker
    Go forth; touch the Demon inside me. Let these ownerless souls become thine own.
    wait....? this is a real post?
    The new Castlevania Anime lookin Fire AF.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    Not only that he is buying boxes of video game shit to resell on ebay. With no job and no income I wonder where that money is coming from....
    He's already mentioned something about his whole family being bongheads and growing/selling it so I imagine they just get blitzed all fuckin day and buy shit.
    Last edited by lachlan; 03-01-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Could be fun..

!!

Don't forget chugging down cough syrup to get high.

Asked For Custom
    Rank. Unsure If
    I Can Be Bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    He's also the one I beat in Galaga '88.

Welcome back .
    Yes, you are. I had the lead for so long, and you swooped in the last couple of days and had me beaten by what, like 100,000 points or so? Hahaha.

Good job on that score for real, though. Mighty impressive.

Parents offered me a place to stay, had no luck finding work after getting fired, and my daughter gets almost $500 a month, $400 of which goes to my parents to help pay rent/bills, I get to spend time with my daughter after the bullshit life threw at us. Not like I'm the only single dad with a sad story, but yeah, I like being able to spend time with my daughter, finances are covered for the whole family, and my parents have more or less asked us to stay with them, so yeah, I feel responsible enough at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    Like I said in the post, big tax return from the amount of time I worked before getting fired in 2017. Decided to try and make some money; I think that's a pretty reasonable decision. I don't feel like saying exactly how much I got, but I can say that the NeoSD was under 10% of the entire amount I received.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    He's already mentioned something about his whole family being bongheads and growing/selling it so I imagine they just get blitzed all fuckin day and buy shit.
    Everybody is indeed a pothead, but we don't sell it. We smoke too much to have any left for that. My dad works at a headshop currently, if that's close enough for your tastes, though. As for buying shit all day... I wish, that'd be fun.

Don't forget chugging down cough syrup to get high.
    I actually prefer the cough gel capsules, but yeah, more or less. What's wrong with that? I mean, if I did it while my daughter was in my care, yeah, that's totally fucked up. But I do it like twice a year if even that much, and never when I'm watching my daughter; if I'm tripping, my daughter is not directly in my care, because she's spending the night hanging out with grandma.

get a job and stop getting high on purple drank.
    I like the job idea, but I don't want to quit purple drank. I mean, I'd have to actually start doing it first before I could even quit, and what if I just really liked it and didn't want to quit at that point?

Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    He is the guy who posted his console collection on reddit and it had an AES on a cheap plastic shelf.
    Goddammit, I so doubt that it's a mutual feeling between us, but I love you. So much.

I literally thought of you when I finally found a nice entertainment center. I'll take a picture later, just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    You a faggot boi or what?
    Yes.
    Last edited by ssjlance; 03-01-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Grammar

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quick everyone say something so he can multi quote us a fucking book length post.

!!

Thread Information