Metal Slug 2 AES, what´s your thoughts about it?

ROM-Lover

New Challenger
Hi,
i´ve just bought this copy of MS2 and from my point i would say it´s legit.
But just to be on the safe side, have a look on it, please and tell me what you think.
Thank´s.

Here we go:

https://imgur.com/a/ZADyW

Unfortunately i do the scans in pdf format, and i don´t find any host that show them directly.
At the moment i can offer them as download, sorry.

i´ve checked it and these scans are terribile.

I´ll get new scans the next days.

Thank´s for your time.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Normally, you would ask this before buying. After you bought, what's the benefit of knowing? will you scam another person to recover your money? anyway, I also believe it's a conversion, that bridge in solderings does not seem original at all.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Inconclusive. The boards and ROMs appear to be correct.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looking mostly at the unused chip solder pads I can see some disturbance there and there doesn't seem to be any real consistency normally seen with a wave soldered PCB. Could be totally off though.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looking mostly at the unused chip solder pads I can see some disturbance there and there doesn't seem to be any real consistency normally seen with a wave soldered PCB. Could be totally off though.

Boards pictured here have similar inconsistencies: http://www.arcade-collector.com/metal-slug-2-neogeo-72

It's not uncommon for certain games to have boards that look like they have some hand soldering work.

poulet

Quiz Detective
there is nothing suspicious with his pcbs. No dirty solder. Glad to see that my pcbs (at arcade collector) are usefull. Check the contributors.

ROM-Lover

New Challenger
Normally, you would ask this before buying. After you bought, what's the benefit of knowing? will you scam another person to recover your money? anyway, I also believe it's a conversion, that bridge in solderings does not seem original at all.

That´s correct but the solder bridge is the only part that would let me be a little unsure.
I don´t want to scam someone. The seller himself is interested what you think about it and asked me to send a link to this thread.

From my point i would say it´s legit, but tell me anyone that don´t want to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Doesn't neostore offer a service to determine if a game is real or fake. For a super high dollar game I would not be against it.

ROM-Lover

New Challenger
Boards pictured here have similar inconsistencies: http://www.arcade-collector.com/metal-slug-2-neogeo-72

It's not uncommon for certain games to have boards that look like they have some hand soldering work.

I´ve checked against other games of my collection, Stakes Winners 2 shows the same marks on unused solder points.
It would be nice if someone checks out the scan´s of the insert and the manaual.

samdiep

n00b
I second the opinion for neostore for authentication for since it is such a highly converted game.