Thread: Analogue CMVS Framemeister S-Video problem

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

Analogue CMVS Framemeister S-Video problem

I have an Analogue CMVS from Jeff Kurtz that wonít send a signal apparently to my framemeister via s video. The input light just doesnít come on. Iíve confirmed itís not eh framemeister as my N64 works fine. Any ideas? Are there framemeister settings I have to adjust?

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I'm just curious but why would you want to hook up S-Video to a Framemeister? Did you try a rgb cable? S-Video isn't going to look all that great on a framemeister.

Also, do you have a CRT that takes S-Video to try out?

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I'm just curious but why would you want to hook up S-Video to a Framemeister? Did you try a rgb cable? S-Video isn't going to look all that great on a framemeister.

Also, do you have a CRT that takes S-Video to try out?
    these are valid concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

My scart rgb cable is shipping now from Retrogaming Cables --- it's the only reason I am currently forced into using s video. The good news is that I finally got the s-video cable working. Turns out on the Analogue CMVS side that the cable can actually go in upside down (without forcing it). Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's working now. Trial and error.

Chin's Bartender

Quote Originally Posted by Superblatt View Post
    My scart rgb cable is shipping now from Retrogaming Cables --- it's the only reason I am currently forced into using s video. The good news is that I finally got the s-video cable working. Turns out on the Analogue CMVS side that the cable can actually go in upside down (without forcing it). Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's working now. Trial and error.
    That’s funny it went in upside down. Usually they are keyed with that black notch on one part of the barrel?

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

There are different types of S-video barrel connector shapes probably explains why. From my experience I have seen at least two: one round and one square. Sometimes this can interfere with making a solid connection or being way too tight/loose.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 03-01-2018 at 11:26 AM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Thread Information