Thread: Neo Mr Do

Neo Bubble Buster

Neo Mr Do

hi guys, picked up this one the other day. There are some inconsistencies comparing to MVS Scans, label is wrong (replacement?) board chips are different, a couple of extra chips and all eeprom.
    Wondering what do you guys make of it?
    Cheers for your help
    CS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

fake

Astra Superstar

Windows in the chips are EPROMs and are always the give-away that it's a fake cart. A legit release will have no more than one or two windowed EPROM chips at most.

Neo Bubble Buster

Dam...honestly, the label probably should have given it away. Ive started a case in paypal with the seller. Lucky i asked him to invoice me i suppose!
    Cheers
    CS

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

I saw this for sale mate but skipped it because of the label. I told the guy some might be boots, which are prevalent with MVS carts.
    Hope you can get your money back
    Last edited by joala; 02-26-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Quote Originally Posted by chromesphere View Post
    Dam...honestly, the label probably should have given it away. Ive started a case in paypal with the seller. Lucky i asked him to invoice me i suppose!
    Cheers
    CS
    Why would you open a PP case without speaking to the seller first?
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Non dilated pupils pic=Challenge. I got a hundred dollar cd.

Neo Bubble Buster

Wyo: EDIT sorry yes, its classified as a case. Anyway, what difference does it make where the problem is resolved? Also, i don't fancy this guys going to want to tidy this up easily anyway...i think it will be up to paypal to decided ultimately.

Joala: I wouldn't buy any others from him, he is basically telling me its my fault (for not asking, or not knowing what I'm buying). Not sure how i can do that when i cant actually see inside the cartridge.

Anyway, i'll sort the problem out, thanks for everyones help identifying the cartridge
    Last edited by chromesphere; 02-26-2018 at 08:52 PM.

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Quote Originally Posted by chromesphere View Post
    Wyo: Not a case, just talking to him through paypal at the moment, but the attitude I'm getting looks like I will have to.

Joala: I wouldn't buy any others from him, he is basically telling me its my fault (for not asking, or not knowing what I'm buying).
    Gotcha. In that case, go for it. I hate shady sellers that act coy when it comes to obvious bootlegs. Hope you get it resolved.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Non dilated pupils pic=Challenge. I got a hundred dollar cd.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

That sucks mate, let us know how you go
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Neo Bubble Buster

Thanks guys. Yeah I have a strong feeling this guy is just acting dumb. Also, if it was genuinely a mistake, why would you not allow the person to return the cartridge? Shady...I would stay away for him...

So this was a private sale, not on ebay? You may not get your money back as selling boots outside of ebay really isnt breaking any laws so to speak. Good luck, did you not ask for board scans? Or did dude just say, "Yea, I'm not opening this cart."
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Neo Bubble Buster

Yeah good point. I didn't ask. I dont know, its a bit mirky, because he's listed it as a neo geo cart, but its not 100% a neo geo cart. Its a frankstein neo geo cart. Some original parts some fake. And really, I don't see why I cant send this cart back for a refund? I'm not asking for a free boot game, I don't want the game. I just want a refund / return.

Anyway, it didn't break the bank so if I don't get my $ back, so be it...You win some you lose some

Kuroko's Training Dummy

EPROM = fake!

You can see real PCBs here:
    http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Neo_Mr._Do!

EPROM wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPROM

Thread Information