Daisy chaining scart switches?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hi all,
can someone tell me about experiences with daisy chaining scart switches?
4 port seems to be rather cheap, as soon as you try to hook up some more stuff for gaming prices explode to slightly below $200.

How does daisy chaining bandridge scart switches work e.g. - is there a signal/quality loss?

thank you

Ray

New Challenger
My 2 Bandridge switches seem to work fine together without noticeable image quality loss, you just have to watch out with the SCART cables you're using, since one weak link will drastically decrease image quality. Make sure the SCART cable actually supports RGB and has decent shielding, which can vary greatly between manufacturers.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Daisy chaining bandridge isn't bad at all as long as your cables aren't excessively long and are decent quality. If you do notice a drop in picture quality test out all the inputs to make sure it's the switch or the cable, and go from there.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Make sure regardless of the switch that you use fully shielded SCART cables between them. It does actually make a different between a standard shielded cable and a fully shielded cable. Also if you are looking at using 2 Bandridges, have you looked into a GScart or a Hydra?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
yep I did - we are looking at $180 there while I can pick up a bandridge for EUR 20,- a piece :)

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
That makes sense then. I knew they were cheap in Europe. Didn't. Realize they were that cheap. In the US they are about half the cost of the Hydra and GScart.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
That makes sense then. I knew they were cheap in Europe. Didn't. Realize they were that cheap. In the US they are about half the cost of the Hydra and GScart.

Whoa - sorry for you guys there - shipping also hits hard the other way round I guess

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
My 2 Bandridge switches seem to work fine together without noticeable image quality loss, you just have to watch out with the SCART cables you're using, since one weak link will drastically decrease image quality. Make sure the SCART cable actually supports RGB and has decent shielding, which can vary greatly between manufacturers.

This has been my experience as well. Put the switches side by side or stack them so you can use a short SCART cable to connect the output from one to the input of 2. You could daisy chain 5 switches into a 6th switch for up to 25 inputs ;)

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If you can wire your own cables you can grab an Extron Crosspoint 128 HVA (12 inputs, 8 outputs + audio) for like $30. If you're not into making cables type they come out to around the same cost as a Gscartswlite with the adapter/break-out cables the Extron needs.

I picked up a second bandridge autoswitch and some premium leads from retro gaming cables. I've read that you can successfully daisy chain these switches, but I'm having no luck. Each one works fine with my framemeister by themselves and both new leads seem to work. However when daisy chained I only get sound from the chained switch. I've tried different inputs and changing which one was connected directly to the framemeister, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?