Thread: Clearing RAM after battery change

Super Spy Agent

Clearing RAM after battery change

So I feel silly asking, but how do I do this? Just changed out my battery and read somewhere that this needs to be done. My 4-slot is resetting and supposedly this could be the problem (I'm getting 5.2v at the edge connector). I've already looked at the menu and did not see anything related. Just need a nudge in the right direction.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Go into test mode, select the 'hardware test' option and then press 1UP start until you see the screen to clear backupRAM, then press buttons ABC together.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Super Spy Agent

Thanks for the directions. So, am I supposed to get a "cleared" message or something to show it was performed? I pressed the three buttons and did not get a message. It just goes to the next screen with the time/date when released.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by NEgO MANIAC View Post
    Thanks for the directions. So, am I supposed to get a "cleared" message or something to show it was performed? I pressed the three buttons and did not get a message. It just goes to the next screen with the time/date when released.
    Thats right, if you see the next screen that means the backupRAM was cleared, there is no confirmation message.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Thread Information