SuperGrafx Game Compatibility Glitches - Super SD System 3

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
This works properly for me, no sync issues with my SuperGrafx.

The others I don't have.

I have slight drift in lip synch in one of the longer intro bits (I believe where Char is talking to Yuko). I think it was to compensate for seek times.

fernan1234

War Room Troll
I have slight drift in lip synch in one of the longer intro bits (I believe where Char is talking to Yuko). I think it was to compensate for seek times.

I've had this exact problem when playing this game on an IFU/briefcase setup, albeit using a burned disc. I also encountered the same problem when testing the CD image on madnafen emulator.

I'm hoping to get my hands on an authentic disc to see if the problem is that image dumps burnt to CD-R or emulated just can't quite get the right seek times for that scene in Valis 1. I've seen clips of that scene where the sync is perfect.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've ripped that from a real disc but I haven't tried it yet. Can you tell me specifically where the sync error occurs so I can try to reproduce it?

fernan1234

War Room Troll
In my experience it's during the second half of the long intro cutscene. After the game title appears and it starts raining at the school, that's when the sync issue takes place. It becomes pretty obvious when it stops raining and Yuka starts talking with Reiko.

This is what it's supposed to be like when in sync: https://youtu.be/FJIerWR5FXw?t=2m54s

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I had the same issue. It was synced, then as soon as the thunderstorm hit it was way off. I haven't tried it on a real CD ROM yet.