Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Karnov's Revenge Booting as Fighters History Dynamite

  1. #1
    Member mcjefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Flower Mound

    Posts
    39

    Karnov's Revenge Booting as Fighters History Dynamite

    Hello Everyone,

    I just recently picked up a copy of Karnov's Revenge on MVS. The label is original and says 'Karnov's Revenge'. I have a US big red 6 slot cabinet.

    When I boot the game, the title screen and character selection screen both show 'Fighters History Dynamite'. I thought that was the Japanese name of the game. Shouldn't the game boot up as 'Karnov's Revenge' if I am using it in my US 6 slot cabinet?

    I don't have my unibios installed yet, so I'm not sure what could be going on. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Mature's Make-Up Artist
    dspoonrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio

    Posts
    1,365
    I have a similar Karnov's Revenge cart and MVS setup, and I see what you see. I thought it was weird, too, when I first got the game but never really checked into it.
    Wanted MVS carts:

    Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

  3. #3
    Cholecystectomy Required.
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT

    Posts
    3,073
    Your cab may be a US cab but the 6 slot board inside sounds either Euro or JP.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

  4. #4
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    NeoLucian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjefe View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    I just recently picked up a copy of Karnov's Revenge on MVS. The label is original and says 'Karnov's Revenge'. I have a US big red 6 slot cabinet.

    When I boot the game, the title screen and character selection screen both show 'Fighters History Dynamite'. I thought that was the Japanese name of the game. Shouldn't the game boot up as 'Karnov's Revenge' if I am using it in my US 6 slot cabinet?

    I don't have my unibios installed yet, so I'm not sure what could be going on. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance!
    I think it would depend on what Region the Bios is from, even if you have a U.S. cab it could have a Japanese Board/Bios.
    Once your Unibios is installed you should be able to select between Regions and see both titles of the Game by switching between regions.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  5. #5
    Ozma War Hero

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLucian View Post
    Once your Unibios is installed you should be able to select between Regions and see both titles of the Game by switching between regions.
    Then, you'll also get to enjoy the european difficulty bug in Sonic Wings 3, the american cities in Dunk Dream or even... red(!) blood in Samurai Spirits. Whoa! The texts in all those quiz games won't change to English, though, and Master of Syougi won't unfortunately change to chess, as the Mahjong trio won't change to dominoes. D'oh...

  6. #6
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,045
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Then, you'll also get to enjoy the european difficulty bug in Sonic Wings 3, the american cities in Dunk Dream or even... red(!) blood in Samurai Spirits. Whoa! The texts in all those quiz games won't change to English, though, and Master of Syougi won't unfortunately change to chess, as the Mahjong trio won't change to dominoes. D'oh...
    Quiz Daisousasen 2 would be a pretty good game for a fan translation though as it's seriously wacky.



    !!

  7. #7
    Member mcjefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Flower Mound

    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLucian View Post
    I think it would depend on what Region the Bios is from, even if you have a U.S. cab it could have a Japanese Board/Bios.
    Once your Unibios is installed you should be able to select between Regions and see both titles of the Game by switching between regions.
    Did SNK do that? My cab was manufactured in 1990. Maybe they didnít have a ĎUSí bios at that point in time?

    I donít think it has a Japanese bios because Aero Fighters boots as Aero Fighters and all carts I play have English text except for Neo Bomberman and Super Dodge Ball of course.

  8. #8
    Cholecystectomy Required.
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT

    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjefe View Post
    Did SNK do that? My cab was manufactured in 1990. Maybe they didn’t have a ‘US’ bios at that point in time?

    I don’t think it has a Japanese bios because Aero Fighters boots as Aero Fighters and all carts I play have English text except for Neo Bomberman and Super Dodge Ball of course.
    Your bios could be European then.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

  9. #9
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,045
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjefe View Post
    Did SNK do that? My cab was manufactured in 1990. Maybe they didn’t have a ‘US’ bios at that point in time?

    I don’t think it has a Japanese bios because Aero Fighters boots as Aero Fighters and all carts I play have English text except for Neo Bomberman and Super Dodge Ball of course.
    Did you buy this cab from SNK in 1990 and have it boxed up all this time? something could have changed...



    !!

  10. #10
    Ozma War Hero

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Quiz Daisousasen 2 would be a pretty good game for a fan translation though as it's seriously wacky.
    A new NG quiz game would be a great indie project, too. Especially an ng.com edition ;).

  11. #11
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    786
    This is a well known & well documented tidbit with certain 3rd party neogeo carts. The bios for USA & EURO (as well as the much later ASIA region bios plays most carts in "English", but not in "USA".

    For example, some carts have 3 title screens, not just 2.
    And it's not always obvious with the third screen. They can even be named the same. As well as which one was intended to be the TRUE "USA" title screen. (originally, it was dependent on wether or not the third party company (such as Taito or Data East was going to distribute it themselves) or if SNK would do so.

    Games like:
    Bust A Move / Puzzle Bobble
    Street Slam / Street Hoop
    Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3
    are perfect examples of this phenomenon.

    Your HOME console (even a perfectly legit factory untouched & unmodded USA system) will not display the "intended" title screen / (region mode) of one of those Cartridges because of this.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  12. #12


    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    351
    Due the easy region mod of the NGCD, you can check the CD games for different titles.
    Street Hoop has 3 Titles ( Street hoop/Street Slam/Dunk Dreams) and 2 game modes. The jpn/eu will have world teams while the US Version has NBA Teams and some different team looks.

    Puzzle Bobble / Bust a move i only saw 2 titles if you dont count the japanese language ( its also the same on NGP/NGPC)

    Dont know about sonic wings 3 as i only got 2 on CD.
    SNK the future is now

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •