Howdy, y'all!

Mauricio

n00b
Greeting Neo Geo-ers!

I have come for technical support, but I shall stay to learn more about this platform I had almost zero exposure to until recently. I have been collecting arcade PCBs for about a year (e.g. Pac-Man, Zaxxon, Gauntlet). I decided to add the Neo Geo MV-1 to the list, mostly because of Metal Slug, but I am also learning about some other nice games. My wallet can't take much more!

Here was my technical issue... which ended up having a rather silly cause.

www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274037-Neo-Geo-MV-1-Vertical-lines-on-sprites

Thanks for having me!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Welcome! get yourself a NeoSD cartridge and say good bye to the bullshit prices of todays market.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
lachlan's right, you know: come for the NeoSD, stay for the drama. Oh yes, and welcome!

Mauricio

n00b
Yes, I am quite tempted. =) I was originally getting into this just for the MV-1 and one original (cartridge) game, to go along with other arcade PCBs. Now I am thinking of finding just the Metal Slug games, and then a flash cart to discover some of the other games I missed over the years. It sounds like folks are pretty happy with the NeoSD. Which leads to two questions that I hope are not too controversial...

Is using the real hardware that much different from using MAME?

Is the newer Darksoft flash cart better than NeoSD? (though not quite available yet, it seems)

(And yay, I am now officially a "Timid Neo Newbie.") :)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
you know what they said, they said I had pneumonia. the noise that rib made when I put on the belt and breathed in made tho...

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
hello everybody.
lurked for sometime, bit the bullet and made the call to throw in.
internet is not the same since most of the great torrent trackers got ghosted and bought the farm.
collected a few systems and retails.
music is my primary vice.
see you around :)

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
thanks.
the computer is the sole reason i got into music and sound studios.
ams-neve for one.
still goes stron in the party/demo scene and gives neo-geo a run for it's money. :D
(on another note, boards glitching out. this subject wasn't visible to me until i dug for it. can't view profile, can't access some public subjects when logged in. unable to edit or correct post spelling mistakes. faq somewhat explains this, ongoing issue for many it seems.)

Mauricio

n00b
(on another note, boards glitching out. this subject wasn't visible to me until i dug for it. can't view profile, can't access some public subjects when logged in. unable to edit or correct post spelling mistakes. faq somewhat explains this, ongoing issue for many it seems.)

You need a certain number of posts and time spent online in order to get access to all board features. I am not sure what the exact numbers are, but it eventually works.