Thread: Reprinted labels

Bashful Neophyte

Reprinted labels

All labels had a serial number right? Like I'm 98% sure they did.. Just want to make sure what I have is a reprinted label before I rip it off and replace it with something that doesn't look like shit because I may as well right?

Here is the cart.

mvs.jpg

Thank you!

Cholecystectomy Required.

Yes, that's a reprinted label. If it doesn't have a serial, it's a repro label.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Bashful Neophyte

Bless you kind fellow.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

What ggallegos1 stated. I may be wrong but only ones that don't have serial numbers on the stickers iirc are early based neo releases and some JP. With that in mind, a lot of times they can also have a metallic sticker over the label or on the side of the cart that serves the same purpose. My japanese copy of Magical Drop 2 has one on the label while magician lord is on the side. It also isn't uncommon to see later JP carts skip this entirely.

If you need to see what a real label should look like here is a pretty good scan database

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

and if you want ones that are nice and custom from Xian Xi

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvslabels.html
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 02-16-2018 at 09:54 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Bashful Neophyte

That scan site is a god send, I use it all the time to check my PCBs so who ever did that page thank you.

I seen Xian Xis stuff, but I like to make my own..something about doing something your self makes it better. I haven't touched that metal slug label yet, but I've never seen a cart without the serials (other than jap carts now). Be nice if it was real though then all my slugs would have legit labels.

I never noticed some of the Japanese carts didn't have them tho you made me go look. Lol

I didn't know about the metal sticker things either so thank you for that bit of info!

Not all official labels have a serial. Especially early releases, which had a separate silver serial sticker on the side of the cart.

Rugal's Thug

Have you checked the board to see if it's legit?

Lol at worrying about legit labels. Why don't you play the game instead or worrying what a label is gonna look like sitting in a cab where you won't see it anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

I agree nice labels and playing games are mutually exclusive.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by noir View Post
    Have you checked the board to see if it's legit?
    Yes! As stated above I check all my MVS boards using those handy scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Lol at worrying about legit labels. Why don't you play the game instead or worrying what a label is gonna look like sitting in a cab where you won't see it anyway?
    I wish I had a MVS cab.. I play them with a supergun at the moment and trust me they do see play.
    I see your point though, I just like having real stuff is all and if it was real I wouldn't want to destroy it.

Thread Information