China doing consolized MVS

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
It seems to me that the CBOX board is fetching audio from the jamma edge. So just mono audio.

Locutus73

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Honestly, can't beat the price on these.
After seeing at least 20 people on FB buy and post feedback on them, I'd give one a shot myself.
I may give that supergun a shot..

mdd45

n00b
Honestly, can't beat the price on these.
After seeing at least 20 people on FB buy and post feedback on them, I'd give one a shot myself.
I may give that supergun a shot..

Anyone of them tried it with OSSC?

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Didn't someone do a review of it with the OSSC and it damaged it somehow? I think Yodd posted it in this thread.

Yeah, but as someone pointed out, it could have been his SS csync cable that caused that damage. Depending on how it was connected. I honestly think it was user error and not the actual cmvs that caused his issue..

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yeah, but as someone pointed out, it could have been his SS csync cable that caused that damage. Depending on how it was connected. I honestly think it was user error and not the actual cmvs that caused his issue..

I thought the same. The chinese are all about making stuff the cheapest possible way, and nothing is cheaper than leaving the RGB signal as-is without any changes as it comes from the MVS board, and we know the OSSC works fine with the standard RGB from an MVS board. However, I have not seen the circuits of the supergun used to consolize this, maybe I am wrong and it changes teh RGB signals somehow.

I was just about to buy one of these Aliexpress consolized neo geo's and then read this thread. Having second thoughts now. Would like to get the jamma-nation x cmvs, but orders are closed? Don't know what to do now?

mistahsnart

New Challenger
I was just about to buy one of these Aliexpress consolized neo geo's and then read this thread. Having second thoughts now. Would like to get the jamma-nation x cmvs, but orders are closed? Don't know what to do now?

If you want perfect image and sound quality, in a compact unit, I'd wait for JNX to start taking orders again.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
If you want perfect image and sound quality, in a compact unit, I'd wait for JNX to start taking orders again.

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take to build a CMVS for James?
I mean, let’s say I’m constantly on his FB page and I’m the first on the new order list on the first of July; can I expect my CMVS for the mid July or, let’s say, I have to wait till autumn?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

mistahsnart

New Challenger
I mean, let’s say I’m constantly on his FB page and I’m the first on the new order list on the first of July; can I expect my CMVS for the mid July or, let’s say, I have to wait till autumn?
Locutus73
You'd have to ask him, quite honestly. Depends on his backlog, real-life commitments, shit happening, etc.

I hit him at a busy time in mid December. He was really up front with me that because of the number of orders in his queue, I wouldn't have it until March. Sure enough: he had it sent out early March. Worth the wait and the money.

If you're looking for something *right now*, I'll echo what others are saying that the Omega is an awesome option too. I went with JNX because I like the compact case James uses. It's barely bigger than an MVS cart.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
You'd have to ask him, quite honestly. Depends on his backlog, real-life commitments, shit happening, etc.

I hit him at a busy time in mid December. He was really up front with me that because of the number of orders in his queue, I wouldn't have it until March. Sure enough: he had it sent out early March. Worth the wait and the money.

If you're looking for something *right now*, I'll echo what others are saying that the Omega is an awesome option too. I went with JNX because I like the compact case James uses. It's barely bigger than an MVS cart.

Yeah, I don’t love the panda look, but I like the compactness of his case, and I trust his craftsmanship.
Anyway I think I’ll go with RGB’s HAS SuperGun this round.

Thank you very much.
Beat regards.

Locutus73

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Yeah, I don’t love the panda look, but I like the compactness of his case, and I trust his craftsmanship.
Anyway I think I’ll go with RGB’s HAS SuperGun this round.

Thank you very much.
Beat regards.

Locutus73
If you ask him nice, he'll do laser etched brushed aluminum for the front and back panels at no extra charge. :-)

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

He was a bit backlogged when I bought mine and it took a little over 2 months. There was a few slight delays on my part in deciding precisely what I wanted, but it was well worth the wait. Knowing that if I have an issue, I can reach out to James and he will try and help. Plus the fact that if I want to upgrade my unibios, I am able to do so on the cheap (Free other than shipping) is also a big plus.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Not to put words in his mouth but James said not to contact him about these on Facebook. He may have changed his mind of course.

I'd suggest contacting the builder, I mean you have the JNX product, go cheap and want him to take time from JNX to fix a competitor's product ???