China doing consolized MVS

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Zero points for style. That thing is ugly as hell. I might be the slightest bit biased, though.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Probably not as an injection molded case. It looks kinda ugly too. It's Chinese..I'm interested in the video/power/splitter-board mostly.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Probably not as an injection molded case. It looks kinda ugly too. It's Chinese..I'm interested in the video/power/splitter-board mostly.

You can see the joinery, so it's not a molded case. Almost certainly laser cut. Definitely ugly as sin. Not much thought put into the design.

Rockman_X

n00b
I agree they look ugly as hell. I’ve seen them for 95$ On aliexpress. Usb ports would rock but.. compatibility..

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
I believe they are on esty also or its who they took the design from maybe because on etsy they are like 3 to 400. Found them while trying to find an affordable cmvs with component.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Oh btw there a company making licensed genesis and saturn bluetooth controllers soon so this could be an option to play neogeo wireless.

Ir0n

n00b
Is this the supergun people are talking about
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/32843857003.html?spm=a2g0n.store-products.0.0.6899713c38ijdg
Would getting this supergun and a mvs be just fine or should i get a cmvs?
How would one add scanlines to that. So my neogeo looks crisp.

They're many different superguns you can use, I have the Progamer RetroelectronIK myself.

If you want to have some scan lines and make it look really sharp on a modern TV sets you'll need an upscaler like the OSSC, or framemeister.. if you play a lot of retro stuff and don't own a PVM/good CRT they are pretty much a must have.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I’m quite intrigued by the Component output on the Supergun, but I’d much rather USB controller support than Sega Saturn.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
They're many different superguns you can use, I have the Progamer RetroelectronIK myself.

If you want to have some scan lines and make it look really sharp on a modern TV sets you'll need an upscaler like the OSSC, or framemeister.. if you play a lot of retro stuff and don't own a PVM/good CRT they are pretty much a must have.
What psu do you use with that.

Ir0n

n00b
What psu do you use with that.

This is a tad off topic..
I personally use a flat server PSU, but I'd recommend you get a 24 pin pico PSU if you're going to use a supergun with a ATX style power connector.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Honestly I like the design and look of it a lot. If its cheap it would probably be something I'd probably go for.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
"First time, we do business; next time, we become friends." - China 2018

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
So I ordered the supergun as stated earlier in the thread. My order is being processed and has been in that current state since Friday. I have 6 days left before they cancel or ship. Never ordered from aliexpress so this is a bit weird compared to eBay as I thought it was set up the same way. I will do a little review when it gets here in like a month lol. 2018 and 30mdays shipping what is this the dark ages..... jk

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
So I ordered the supergun as stated earlier in the thread. My order is being processed and has been in that current state since Friday. I have 6 days left before they cancel or ship. Never ordered from aliexpress so this is a bit weird compared to eBay as I thought it was set up the same way. I will do a little review when it gets here in like a month lol. 2018 and 30mdays shipping what is this the dark ages..... jk

That's pretty normal. Usually, the handling is rather fast, but the shipping time can be extremely long. It sometimes depends on the country they ship to, but expect a long wait once it ships. With the amount of packages China is sending out, be glad you don't have to wait 60 days.

Starting March, Sweden is starting to charge "China tax", which they just fucking made up. All packages will be charged additional $10 or $15 [depending on the value], plus the usual tax and customs fees, because "boo hoo, so many packages from China, every single person has to pay for every single package now".

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Care to elaborate? Some people bought from them based on this thread alone.

Their shipping time is alright, but their customer service is horrible.
They didn't issue refund after I returned the item back to them (they're located in China).
Paypal will not issue a refund without tracking confirmation showing seller receives the item. And paypal claim request will close once 30 days window is over.
Fortunately I got the tracking confirmation from USPS and Paypal re-opened the case for me to get my refund.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Their shipping time is alright, but their customer service is horrible.
They didn't issue refund after I returned the item back to them (they're located in China).
Paypal will not issue a refund without tracking confirmation showing seller receives the item. And paypal claim request will close once 30 days window is over.
Fortunately I got the tracking confirmation from USPS and Paypal re-opened the case for me to get my refund.

Did the item not work?