Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 95

Thread: a new fatal fury in 2004

  1. #1
    Morden's Lackey

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oran, Algeria

    Posts
    374

    a new fatal fury in 2004

    remember the Trieu announcement about a new game for mvs in 2004, now read this.

    "Word is that a new Fatal Fury game will be coming out in summer of 2004, so keep your eyes open."

    by the way, KOF' 2003 will be availble for US MVS on the december 15

  2. #2
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    !!


    (I'm pretty sure this Todd Cutler character wasn't supposed to mention that before the start of KOF'03 sales...)

  3. #3
    Yamazaki's Wingman
    jeff bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Unknown

    Posts
    3,046
    Bad ass... I guess this comfirms garou 2. After all it is a fatal fury


    If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...


    Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

  4. #4
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,241
    I want the series to return back to it's roots ..... a remake of FF1 would be so cool. add more characters from the series, few more BGs and a new fighting system (even the RBS engine would be sweet)

  5. #5
    Made of Wood SonGohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lawton, OK

    Posts
    23,564
    Originally posted by k'_127
    I want the series to return back to it's roots ..... a remake of FF1 would be so cool. add more characters from the series, few more BGs and a new fighting system (even the RBS engine would be sweet)
    Am I the only one to notice that I wouldn't be a remake of FF1 if they changed everything about it?

    *EDIT - They already 'remade' FF1 to an extent, with FF3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm not beating my girlfriend. I swear to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    You made it very clear that no guy has fucked you in the ass.

  6. #6
    Legalize Ranch roker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit

    Posts
    14,740
    Originally posted by k'_127
    I want the series to return back to it's roots ..... a remake of FF1 would be so cool. add more characters from the series, few more BGs and a new fighting system (even the RBS engine would be sweet)
    I'll one up you on this and say it'd be nice to see a Fatal Fury Zero, with the focus of the game on Jeff Bogard vs Geese.

    After Jeff beats Geese, Geese murders him with his back turned right in front of his two kids (Terry and Andy).

    Jeff of course has moves which combine that of Terry and Andy.

    There would have to be a return of Jubei Yamada, when he was younger and not senile.

  7. #7
    Made of Wood SonGohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lawton, OK

    Posts
    23,564
    Originally posted by the roker
    I'll one up you on this and say it'd be nice to see a Fatal Fury Zero, with the focus of the game on Jeff Bogard vs Geese.

    After Jeff beats Geese, Geese murders him with his back turned right in front of his two kids (Terry and Andy).

    Jeff of course has moves which combine that of Terry and Andy.

    There would have to be a return of Jubei Yamada, when he was younger and not senile.
    This is a pretty interesting idea. It could be a younger Geese, kind of like AOF2. Perhaps there could be a character or two from AOF in it, as their time line is supposed to happen around AOF2, if I remember correctly from the ending with Geese in the airplane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm not beating my girlfriend. I swear to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    You made it very clear that no guy has fucked you in the ass.

  8. #8
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,241
    Originally posted by SonGohan
    Am I the only one to notice that I wouldn't be a remake of FF1 if they changed everything about it?

    *EDIT - They already 'remade' FF1 to an extent, with FF3.
    yup, that was their attempt with FF3, RBS and Wild Ambition. however they never could capture it. I mean they should have kept everthing as it is .... street punks, south town, beach .... etc. easpecially the story. everything should has been kept as it was. just redrawn graphics and new music, plus the things I mentioned earlier. otherwise, I don't think they can capture the same dark atmosphere.

    out of the three, I think Wild Ambition was the closest to the original, in terms of story and atmospere.

    I bet all FF fans will be satisfied

  9. #9
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,241
    I'm not interested in a new MotW. come on, we all know KOF will eventually be MotW one day.

    the roker, this is definetly a brilliant idea

  10. #10
    Jello Pudding Pop
    Y'know? Like that whole Bill Crosby fad back in the 80s. Funny shit. Anyway...
    JUDGE DREDD W1LL D13!1!!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nowhere

    Posts
    9,442
    Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...

  11. #11
    OWES ROT MONEY! Verythrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Campinas/SP, Brazil

    Posts
    4,548
    Originally posted by k'_127
    I'm not interested in a new MotW. come on, we all know KOF will eventually be MotW one day.

    the roker, this is definetly a brilliant idea
    I completely agree with you, I was about to state the same thing. I just can wait for "KOF 08 - Maximum Mayhem!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The last message from Our Beloved Prophet NeoGumby (ABRIDGED VERSION)
    my time is short but i can hold the boob dredd off for some time

    enough to say remember djdd is a fool and an idiot who is everything this website is not

    it will never be the sort to fall to idiots like him

    people like you the believers and our B_U know the ability the strength there is out there a right way a good way to run things

    i stand for the good i stand for the classic the good times here make it here how you can

  12. #12
    Yamazaki's Wingman
    jeff bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Unknown

    Posts
    3,046
    I see garou more likely to be the ff they are talking about, but I like roker's idea better. It never crossed my mind.


    If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...


    Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

  13. #13
    Holy shit, it's a ninja!
    tsukaesugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Neo-Tokyo
    Posts
    6,940
    The evolution from Fatal Fury to Real Bout was interesting: the setting was the same, but the roster, and the gameplay radically changed.

    The evolution from Real Bout to MOTW was disappointing... the roster and gameplay were also radically different, but by setting things 20 years in the future they effectively ended the Fatal Fury timeline, as well as any hopes for a Real Bout 3.

    A good fighting game should be like a Marvel Comic book, essentially timeless, with no real references to dates or time, no permanent deaths, and no taking itself seriously.
    東北魂応援します!

  14. #14
    today forever Fran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    .

    Posts
    16,454

    Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

    well
    i couldnt care less about a motw sequel

    it cant even be done,
    they cant improve the original game

    they'd only end up cutting animations,specials and so on

    maybe take out freeman and tizoc and add 2 new lame characters and a new lame mode

    no,thanks

    now,what i would really LOVE to see is a FFS remake

    Jubei Yamada = best old geezer ever
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike



    - morrissey makes stalking cool and alright and only morrissey can do that -

  15. #15
    I Love Frames!
    MilkManX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tucson AZ USA

    Posts
    3,791
    Interesting.

    Will they go with Garou?

    Or will they make another Fatal Fury to fill in the gap from Real Bout 2 to Garou.

    In any case please have Duck King and Rick Strewd. Thanks.
    円心会館

    http://knockdownfighters.com

    XBL = MilkManX iOS Gamecenter = MilkManX
    Play Fatal Fury Special,Samurai Shodown II,Garou,KOF 98UM and now KOF2k2UM on XBLA!

  16. #16
    NEST Puppet
    NO STYLE DM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    near , far , wherever you are
    Posts
    177
    i think they shouldnt make MOTW 2 now , they are good , but they still need some more experince , but i would love to see FF4 (or RBFF3, whatever) and it would be a good way to explain why geese is alive in our beloved 2k3

    LEGEND OF THE HUNGRY WOLF FOREVER
    the fatal fury petition , please sign :
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/38033121/

  17. #17
    His Excellency BoriquaSNK,
    The Ambassador of Apple Inc.

    "In Jobs We Trust"
    BoriquaSNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Posts
    4,704
    As long as Andy's back, I'm square.

  18. #18
    Chang's Combo Meal #6
    Shapermc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,133
    WOOHOO! More Terry, I am all about this!

    I hope that it is RBFF3 because if it is anything like their revival of SS (I am speaking of SS5 here folks) then I will be impressed!

    -Regards

    (P.S. Fatal Fury has always been about Garou... MOTW was just the first one to keep it in english.)
    --Shaper MC

    G-Journal
    Live Journal, read it.

  19. #19
    World Her
    Setsuna1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    2,504


    well... if the game ends like something like that it means that pic could be from a real proto after all
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  20. #20
    Neo-Geo FAQs Editor NeoLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Posts
    2,429
    My head is spinning from all the excitement! I can't get over the amount of titles we're seeing for this year and next. We're getting SSV (which I still need to order), KOF2K3, MS5, Garou 2 (?), and that untitled Neo-Geo fighter slated for a 2004 release. Don't forget that we may also see SVC 2 and LB3 for the Neo-Geo some time in late 2004 (as popular rumor would have it).

    It sounds like SNK-P really loves us. Thank you, Playmore!
    Last edited by NeoLord; 12-10-2003 at 09:22 AM.

  21. #21
    Chang's Combo Meal #6
    Shapermc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,133
    Originally posted by NeoLord
    My head is spinning from all the excitement! I can't get over the amount of titles we're seeing for this year and next. We're getting SSV (which I still need to order), KOF2K3, MS5, Garou 2 (?), and that untitled Neo-Geo fighter slated for a 2004 release. Don't forget that we may also see SVC 2 and LB3 for the Neo-Geo some time in late 2004 (as popular rumor would have it).

    It sounds like SNK-P really loves us. Thank you, Playmore!
    Dont forget the music game and Poochi!
    --Shaper MC

    G-Journal
    Live Journal, read it.

  22. #22
    Neo-Geo FAQs Editor NeoLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Posts
    2,429
    Originally posted by Shapermc
    Dont forget the music game and Poochi!
    Whoops! Yes, we'll be seeing those soon, too!

  23. #23
    Knar Sdrawkcab
    !t00w
    beelzebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    大阪

    Posts
    6,265
    dream match.. every character from ff (not including motw9 that is my wish.
    waiting for, 2007:

    mercs 2, army of two, mass effect, halo 3, gta iv, bioshock, half life:orange, zelda : phantom hourglass, uncharted, assassin's creed, the darkness, moh:airborne.

  24. #24
    World Her
    Setsuna1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    2,504
    Originally posted by beelzebubble
    dream match.. every character from ff (not including motw9 that is my wish.
    KOF: Second Division?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  25. #25
    . FeelGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    17,814

    Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

    Originally posted by Fran
    well
    i couldnt care less about a motw sequel

    it cant even be done,
    they cant improve the original game

    they'd only end up cutting animations,specials and so on

    maybe take out freeman and tizoc and add 2 new lame characters and a new lame mode

    no,thanks

    now,what i would really LOVE to see is a FFS remake

    Jubei Yamada = best old geezer ever
    LOL.

    After seeing the way SNKP handled SS0

    I would cry to hear they intend to continue making games.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •