Neo Geo ACA Releases for the Switch running slow/sluggish?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
I just bough a switch and the aca metal slug release, but I feel that the game is not running as smooth and quick as the original MVS.

First I thought that it was inputlag from my new hori stick for the switch but other eshop titles were very responsive, and after fiddeling around a bit and just looking at the animations and such I can see thats its indeed not running quite right..

I do own the original metal slug on mvs and I have played it alot in my arcade cab and this switch release seems to run a bit slow. Both when docked using my Asus VG245HE gaming monitor via HDMI, but also in handheld mode...

Are there any known issues with the Neo Geo emulation on the switch?
Even running MAME with the same hori stick is very fast and responsive so something feels off with the aca release.

Also tried disabling all scanline effects and such, but still not quite right :(.

Anyone else noticed anything?

Thanks for your time.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
You're not the only one. I picked up Metal Slug X on the Switch and noticed the same thing. It runs terribly, has lots of slowdown, and the visual options are terrible. The game looks much too blurry for my tastes. I have no idea how these ACA releases got so popular in the first place.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You're not the only one. I picked up Metal Slug X on the Switch and noticed the same thing. It runs terribly, has lots of slowdown, and the visual options are terrible. The game looks much too blurry for my tastes. I have no idea how these ACA releases got so popular in the first place.

It's Nintendo. Everything on Nintendo is blown out of proportion. When everyone else does it, it's Meh, but when Nintendo does it people go Nuts. People raved about Axiom Verge and Doom on the switch like it was best thing thing since sliced bread.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
yeah :/.. I have only read positive review on the ACA Neo Geo releases so I was really looking forward to play some classics.. even bought the Hori arcade stick and this feels soso :S

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I heard terrible stuff of ACAs Neo Geo releases on Switch. Do they run just as terrible on Xbox1?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Neo ran pretty well in FBA on Xbox. Hooked up to an HDTV with component cables, set to 720p with integer scaling and scanlines and it looks much better than on the Switch too. The advantage of using the Switch is that it's portable.

*edit* Oh, you meant Xbox One. :keke:

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ha ha yeah I meant on the Xbox One. Not that I really need any of them since I have most of it on MVS carts and on the OG Xbox in FBA as you mentioned. Simply out of curiousity.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Bloatware nintendo's OS prevents emu's from achieving their intended performance :/

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Just get a raspberry pie
Runs better than original hardware.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Turn off the filters in the options, it will look fine then. There is inherent lag on the switch so it will be a little off. Yea, Metal Slug X still has slowdown, they aren't gonna take that out.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Turn off the filters in the options, it will look fine then. There is inherent lag on the switch so it will be a little off. Yea, Metal Slug X still has slowdown, they aren't gonna take that out.

X > 2