Best Etrian Odyssey game?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I am wanting to pick up one of these and need to know what the best one is to grab.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Hard copy or digital? They're surprisingly hard to find on hard copy, so that could limit you a bit if you want to go that route (3, 4, and both of the "Untold" remakes, in particular).

I'd suggest 4 or Untold: The Millennium Girl. They both have solid stories (though you can pick the traditional option in MG and then the game revert to serious old-school, with no defined characters and far less story), and both have good mechanics. MG is updated to have most of the mechanics from 4, but 4 is still a little more modern.

Either MG or 4 would be my suggestion.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Hard copy or digital? They're surprisingly hard to find on hard copy, so that could limit you a bit if you want to go that route (3, 4, and both of the "Untold" remakes, in particular).

I'd suggest 4 or Untold: The Millennium Girl. They both have solid stories (though you can pick the traditional option in MG and then the game revert to serious old-school, with no defined characters and far less story), and both have good mechanics. MG is updated to have most of the mechanics from 4, but 4 is still a little more modern.

Either MG or 4 would be my suggestion.

4 it is! Thx

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
4 it is! Thx

Happy to help! I hope you like it, it's one of my favorite under the radar series in all gaming. It's so easy to just pour hours at a time into mapping along, building characters up. Great games.