Thread: Best Etrian Odyssey game?

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Best Etrian Odyssey game?

I am wanting to pick up one of these and need to know what the best one is to grab.

Hard copy or digital? They're surprisingly hard to find on hard copy, so that could limit you a bit if you want to go that route (3, 4, and both of the "Untold" remakes, in particular).

I'd suggest 4 or Untold: The Millennium Girl. They both have solid stories (though you can pick the traditional option in MG and then the game revert to serious old-school, with no defined characters and far less story), and both have good mechanics. MG is updated to have most of the mechanics from 4, but 4 is still a little more modern.

Either MG or 4 would be my suggestion.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    Hard copy or digital? They're surprisingly hard to find on hard copy, so that could limit you a bit if you want to go that route (3, 4, and both of the "Untold" remakes, in particular).

I'd suggest 4 or Untold: The Millennium Girl. They both have solid stories (though you can pick the traditional option in MG and then the game revert to serious old-school, with no defined characters and far less story), and both have good mechanics. MG is updated to have most of the mechanics from 4, but 4 is still a little more modern.

Either MG or 4 would be my suggestion.
    4 it is! Thx

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    4 it is! Thx
    Happy to help! I hope you like it, it's one of my favorite under the radar series in all gaming. It's so easy to just pour hours at a time into mapping along, building characters up. Great games.

Soccer Brawl

3 is love for music alone

Thread Information