ACA Neo-Geo releases: your high scores?

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I've had a lot of fun with the leaderboards on Hamster's ACA Neo-Geo releases. By no means do I have any skills, but I'm sure a lot of people here can shed some light on some techniques, so I figured I'd start a thread to bring some discussion towards that. If you play any of these, post your leaderboard scores in this thread.

Here's my unspectacular scores, all on Nintendo Switch.

World Heroes
High Score - #5 - 769,600
Caravan -#7 - 442,100

Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge
High Score - #14 - 160,150
Caravan - #13 - 146,300

World Heroes 2
High Score - #3 - 3,387,100
Caravan - #4 - 1,482,400

World Heroes Perfect
High Score - #24 - 5,091,200
Caravan - #22 - 2,772,100

Aero Fighters 2/ Sonic Wings 2
High Score - #148 - 280,200
Caravan - #125 - 248,300

Any strategies on AF2? I noticed the top scores for the caravan mode aren't to awfully lower than the tops in high score mode.

On FHD, is there any way to change the lineup of CPU fighters or is it always the same?

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
On PS4, just Zed Blade so far. I got 2.5 million, but my best on MVS is 3.3 million so clearly I need to relearn it.

Outside Neo-Geo releases, I put up a 1cc score for Double Dragon 1 and a 6th loop score for Elevator Action. Something to watch out for is games with wrong default settings, like Rygar (easy difficulty) and Double Dragon 2 (extra life count) which I needed to manually correct.

Any strategies on AF2? I noticed the top scores for the caravan mode aren't to awfully lower than the tops in high score mode.

I don't know anything like that for AF2 (caravan is 2 minutes right?). Although AF3 has a trick in the first bonus round that gives more points than the rest of the first loop combined.

The Double Dragon 1 leaderboard is pretty bonkers as well, with multiple counter stops posted. I know the infinite points trick, but you should run out of time long before getting that high.