Tap Water

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I would advise most people to get a good water purifier as chlorine and fluoride act as free radicals.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Pharmaceutical industry is also rigged to create customers and not cures.

I'm scared. I actually agree with a troll, but then again that's how free business works anymore. Make people depend on whatever you sell. No matter how shady the tactics are.

Most of the food and drinks people buy at the grocery store is bad for you and addictive.

Cell phones quit providing services the older phones can't offer. They just patch the older phones out.

Television was always made for brainwash... er teaching people how to act. However the owners of the networks realized there is more money in sex, and violence so show that instead and crime soars.

Hell the republicans, champions of free enterprise prefer to give money to the rich and let the rest trickle down. Now that this is all in effect, jobs are being lost, not gained. Just like Regannomics back in the 80's. On top of that to fund giving money to the rich you need to steal from the poor like slashing medicade. So in doing that who does that help? Over the counter pill companies since you need to do something if you can't get real treatment and the cycle goes on and on and on...

Shit can go on and on but the fact is business practice is screw people over, but make sure they come back for some reason.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's a pretty bad idea to drink tap water here unless it's filtered.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm scared. I actually agree with a troll, but then again that's how free business works anymore. Make people depend on whatever you sell. No matter how shady the tactics are.

Yeah I purposely didn't quote that part because yeah, I also agree with him on that. I almost don't blame them though.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Our former city manager did talk about our trihalomethanes (THMs) levels being a little high two summers ago (it's a byproduct of putting chlorine in the water to kill bacteria--you have to use more chlorine in the summer because bacteria obviously proliferates more when it's warm). THMs can potentially lead to cancer, but, then, what doesn't these days? I still drank it unfiltered--gotta die of something anyway.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Yeah I purposely didn't quote that part because yeah, I also agree with him on that. I almost don't blame them though.

I always look at it as it's your choice to do what you want. If you're a dumbass and fuck yourself up that's your problem.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I always look at it as it's your choice to do what you want. If you're a dumbass and fuck yourself up that's your problem.

It would be good if this would help steer policy making. Instead we have a society slowly being bubble wrapped with everything being taken away from you because of 'safety'.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I learnt today there were two desalination plants in Perth. We would have a similar situation to Cape Town without those.

Watched a doco about the drought in California yesterday. Scary shit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I learnt today there were two desalination plants in Perth. We would have a similar situation to Cape Town without those.

If we invested the money wasted on bottled water into infrastructure improvements, we would not have impending water crisis situations.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

A huge amount of their water goes to farming, not directly to residents. There's no incentive structure to price-out the farms and get them into a more water-rich area. So, they keep pushing and pushing harder on the limited water supply.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
It was pretty shocking to see how many Mericuns were being treated whilst cunts like that Resnick greedy fucking arsewipe keeps on making money off growing pomegranates and almonds. You know, basic crops that normal folk need...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It was pretty shocking to see how many Mericuns were being treated whilst cunts like that Resnick greedy fucking arsewipe keeps on making money off growing pomegranates and almonds. You know, basic crops that normal folk need...

We build industrial areas on arable land, import chinese fruit and veg and then complain about how it's not australian grown and sourced. Gotta love the retard cycle.