Hair shaving

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone shave their own head?
Do you find that it's easy to do a neat job, doing it by yourself, with cordless clippers?
Which closeness setting do you use- 1,2, or 3?

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I use the number 3 setting on my nut sack when I need to tidy it up, then I trim my beard with it.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I use an electric razor to shave the top of my head. When I cared more about it in college, I used a headblade and it worked really well. Just became too time-consuming to shave, so I stopped.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Does anyone shave their own head, to counteract the effects of hair loss (i.e., to make the hair neater)?
Do you find that it's easy to do a neat job, doing it by yourself, with cordless clippers?
Which closeness setting do you use- 1,2, or 3?

I do it everyday and it's easy to do, but I don't use clippers. I use a gillette razor and I got the process down to under a minute(face & head).

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i shaved all my heavy metal hair off when i was in my early twenties from fear of hair loss. but i grew it back in two years.

i thought if it's going to go, then at least i had hair when it counted.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I just give myself a #4 buzz cut. On the right person, a shaved head looks good. On me, it would not. Not that next to no hair on top looks good either, but in my case its the lesser of 2 evils.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The only 2 people who've successfully pulled off the shaved head look were Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I use an electric razor, but I don't shave it completely bald, just down to like an 1/16-1/8 of an inch, that way there's no razor burn. I'd say I do it about every two months or so, I let my hair grow out again till it's about an inch long and then off it goes again. The only tricky parts are (1) the back of my head/neck, 'cuz I can't see those areas well, even with a mirror, so I check those spots by feeling with my hand to make sure I didn't miss any spots, and (2) the annoying little hairs between your head and where your ears begin--it always takes me multiple passes to get those little bastards.

@WoodyXP: Damn, that's some fast shaving, it usually takes me at least 5-10 minutes to shave my head/face completely.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The only 2 people who've successfully pulled off the shaved head look were Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas

1040342-stonecoldfinger.jpg

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
@WoodyXP: Damn, that's some fast shaving, it usually takes me at least 5-10 minutes to shave my head/face completely.

Yeah I got it down, I don't even use a mirror. I just make a shit load of passes, then run my non-shaving hand over my head/face to find the spots I missed.. then I hit those spots and I'm done. Being blessed with a bump free head helps too.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Yeah I got it down, I don't even use a mirror. I just make a shit load of passes, then run my non-shaving hand over my head/face to find the spots I missed.. then I hit those spots and I'm done. Being blessed with a bump free head helps too.

Still takes me an average 10 minutes or so. I usually shave my head in the shower in the mornings. I go no shaving cream as well. Been doing that for the past 7 years or so. I've only ended up with a shave burn once using Gillette shave heads. I've switched up to Dorcos and never looked back.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I use a pair of clippers and don't put any covers on the blade. If i wanna look fancy I go get it cut, and edged up, but that shit is like $30+