Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 293

Thread: Darksoft NG Multi is Released Feb 2018. Impressions Please.

  1. #76
    There can be only one. Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

    Posts
    6,058
    No one has mentioned the boards thickness so far.

    I'd take it as a non issue. As the carts continue to trickle out we'll see.

  2. #77
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    VanillaThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    No one has mentioned the boards thickness so far.

    I'd take it as a non issue. As the carts continue to trickle out we'll see.
    SYN ACK

  3. #78
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Crazy thread. At the moment, neither of them have interested me. But there is at least one area that perhaps this product may have gotten right, that the previous one got wrong. Are the boards the correct thickness?
    Can you point to me where the NeoSD had "issues" with the board thickness? This is the first I've heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  4. #79
    Sho's Rival
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mortville

    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Can you point to me where the NeoSD had "issues" with the board thickness? This is the first I've heard of it.
    Methinks he's just a tad sore about learning the importance of thickness the hard way
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

  5. #80
    Neo*Geomancer
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    correct thickness
    This thread is about Darksofts multi cart, not what you look for in a "casual encounter"

  6. #81
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    This thread is about Darksofts multi cart, not what you look for in a "casual encounter"


    Casual proto encounters
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  7. #82
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,254


    Now I don't have a digital caliper, but I'm not seeing any noticeable difference between the NeoSD and an original SNK cart with my non-digital caliper.
    Last edited by NeoTurfMasta; 02-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.

  8. #83
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    802
    Don't take my word for it. I'm not the only one who took note of the Neo SD boards being too thick whereby causing cart slots to widen. Jeff Kurtz himself noted this when he came over to my place and brought the cart with him & we used it.

    It's nothing new. Almost every MVS adapter had this issue as well. Almost nobody seems to get it right. It's a nuisance is all. Over time, along with dirty carts, it causes connectivity issues with carts.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  9. #84
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Don't take my word for it. I'm not the only one who took note of the Neo SD boards being too thick whereby causing cart slots to widen. Jeff Kurtz himself noted this when he came over to my place and brought the cart with him & we used it.

    It's nothing new. Almost every MVS adapter had this issue as well. Almost nobody seems to get it right. It's a nuisance is all. Over time, along with dirty carts, it causes connectivity issues with carts.
    This is the first I've heard of it. You made it seem like it was a well known issue that was documented in a thread somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  10. #85
    Neo*Geomancer
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Don't take my word for it. I'm not the only one who took note of the Neo SD boards being too thick whereby causing cart slots to widen. Jeff Kurtz himself noted this when he came over to my place and brought the cart with him & we used it.

    It's nothing new. Almost every MVS adapter had this issue as well. Almost nobody seems to get it right. It's a nuisance is all. Over time, along with dirty carts, it causes connectivity issues with carts.
    I dated a girl that had a loose slot issue. If only you and Kurtz where there to stop me...

  11. #86
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    Opethian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    AL

    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post


    Now I don't have a digital caliper, but I'm not seeing any noticeable difference between the NeoSD and an original SNK cart with my non-digital caliper.
    use a loupe

  12. #87
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I dated a girl that had a loose slot issue. If only you and Kurtz where there to stop me...
    Had to strap a six slot to your ass to keep from falling in?
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  13. #88
    Neo*Geomancer
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Had to strap a six slot to your ass to keep from falling in?
    You ever seen that guy tightrope walk the grand canyon?

  14. #89
    There can be only one. Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

    Posts
    6,058
    No, but I saw Evel launch his rocket into her. He had premature ejection issues though.

  15. #90
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    VanillaThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Methinks he's just a tad sore about learning the importance of thickness the hard way
    He's a girth queen.

  16. #91
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    VanillaThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Methinks he's just a tad sore about learning the importance of thickness the hard way
    He's a girth queen.

  17. #92
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    NeoLucian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    60
    Ive been reading through the thread over there and they seen to be having quite a few issues so far, I have noted below what seems to be the most common problems, its a shame that so many issues have cropped up so early, hopefully these can be worked through for the buyers.

    Issues
    4-Slot Boards - not working
    6-Slot Boards - not working
    SD Cards - This seems to be a very common problem, even people using the same brand and model cards are getting different results - possibly some are Fake cards that are causing problems but it seems a large issue at the moment.
    Loading Issues - When games are loaded into the Virtual Slots they are randomly disappearing from slots and then reappearing after a power off/on.
    Roms - They are saying at one point it was the ROM pack possibly causing the loading issues problems but that seems to be disproved now.
    Games List - Not all games on the SD card are being listed on the menu e.g. you add 100 games to the SD Card but only 30 show up
    Unibios - Some are reporting a corrupted Unibios screen and
    Menu - Some of the music is corrupted and people are confused about the update procedure, having it in 2 places on the SD Card etc.
    Return to menu - This appears to be broken and people are reporting they cant get back to the menu using the button combination
    Pixels - Random pixel corruption on certain games and the main menu
    Crashing - Reports of games randomly crashing after a few minutes of game play, its not specific games as people have had different results with different games.

    Here is a few of the issues reported by one of the buyers:
    - "Error - no game found on memory card" shows up randomly. Rebooting the system helps, most of the times it will boot through to the menu.
    - Start + stick to the right to return to the menu doesn't always work, sometimes freezes, system needs a reboot.
    - Start + stick to the right to return to the menu sometimes works within 3 seconds, sometimes it works but after about 10-12 seconds. Wants to reboot to menu but freezes at the "Please wait" screen.
    - After reboot the games which are saved to the 3 slots are sometimes lost and needs a reflash.
    - Sometimes after a hard reset (meaning switching PSU off and on) system freezes at "Filesystem initializing".
    - Random games do not appear, yesterday I'm playing Mutation Nation, the next day (nothing has changed in the setup), the game doesn't show up anymore.
    - After rebooting, the system boots to game 1, instead of the menu (while this is selected in the settings).
    - Sometimes a game goes into error handling (unibios 3.1), particular game is Garou Mark of the Wolves.
    - After doing a soft reset with the unibios (A+B+C+Start) some games are not loaded and some are, this appears to be random.
    - Going back to the menu (Start + stick to the right) does not always work, sometimes just doesn't respond.
    - Windjammers cannot be found on both SD cards (SM's beta image has been used).
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  18. #93
    Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.
    ratson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,497
    Seems like the real testing is done by the buyers. I read the thread at arcade-projects. Reading that, makes me not want it. Way to many issues that should've been tested before sales started.
    Last edited by ratson; 02-20-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  19. #94
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,237
    Fuck me.... that's a LOT of problems. Is this still in beta testing?



    !!

  20. #95
    Somewhere in Europe.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    626
    Reading the list of issues, I can't help but notice many are related to the stupid slot system, which I thought was unnecessary from the start, seeing as loading any game [populating a slot] is almost instantaneous. But noooo ... they had to keep the slots, because people out there just have to be able to swap between three titles at seizure-inducing speeds.

    I don't think this is a ill conceived product. Do away with the slots, make it boot directly to the menu, and focus on ironing out the important issues instead of spending precious time on that slot mumbo-jumbo.

    Neo Geo isn't a one flavor platform. There are plenty of MVS models out there, and people use them in a lot of different ways. Consolized, converted to a single power source ... Sometimes the PSU can make all the difference. My NeoSD experience wasn't free from errors. I got protection triggers on some games, I've had serious problems running Shock Troopers 2 [and its boot], plus some other minor stuff, but those issues got resolved, and fairly quickly.

    It seems like Darksoft has a lot of troubleshooting to do, but my guess is the issues, to a degree, are multiplied by the number of configurations people are using.

    I'm genuinely curious about the Darksoft cartridge, but having bought NeoSD, there is no reason for me to be buying another flash cartridge for the Neo.

    Also, what's the final shell solution for the DS cartridge? Are they recycling genuine cartridge shells?

  21. #96
    King of Fighters Medic

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Reading the list of issues, I can't help but notice many are related to the stupid slot system, which I thought was unnecessary from the start, seeing as loading any game [populating a slot] is almost instantaneous. But noooo ... they had to keep the slots, because people out there just have to be able to swap between three titles at seizure-inducing speeds.
    Nicely put. They just had to have a gimmick to distinguish their much too late product, to claim authenticity, show off their conceptual superiority and... there they have it.

    Out there, somewhere echoes Nelson's mocking laugh.

  22. #97
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post

    Also, what's the final shell solution for the DS cartridge? Are they recycling genuine cartridge shells?

    They are using old MVS shells. I am guessing they sacc'ed carts to do that. They then sandblast them to remove scratches/gouges from them and apply new labels to them.


    Personally I think that's kinda shitty and cheap on their behalf. I can't imagine where in the world they magically conjured up hundreds and hundreds of empty and used MVS cart shells from without taking them from working carts.

    It's another good reason to support the NEOSD as it uses a custom molded cart shell that doesn't involve destroying existing games.

  23. #98
    Another Striker
    donluca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rome

    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Reading the list of issues, I can't help but notice many are related to the stupid slot system
    Honestly I really like their slot system. I'm the kind of guy who always plays the same 2-3 games over and over and a multi-slot solution is very nice.

    I'd put something like Metal Slug 2, Blazing Star and Matrimelee and be good with it for a long long time.

  24. #99
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    VanillaThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,213
    Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Honestly I really like their slot system. I'm the kind of guy who always plays the same 2-3 games over and over and a multi-slot solution is very nice.

    I'd put something like Metal Slug 2, Blazing Star and Matrimelee and be good with it for a long long time.
    That extra 1-2 minute wait must kill you.

  25. #100
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    NeoLucian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post
    They are using old MVS shells. I am guessing they sacc'ed carts to do that. They then sandblast them to remove scratches/gouges from them and apply new labels to them.


    Personally I think that's kinda shitty and cheap on their behalf. I can't imagine where in the world they magically conjured up hundreds and hundreds of empty and used MVS cart shells from without taking them from working carts.

    It's another good reason to support the NEOSD as it uses a custom molded cart shell that doesn't involve destroying existing games.
    I had not realised thats where they were getting the shells from, thats something I cannot agree with at all and find really disappointing.
    I mean why not offer to buy shells from NeoSD rather than Sac cart as an example? yes they are a competing company but they also have something they require (fresh cart shells).
    I wonder how many games have now been sacc'd so far for their Multicart?
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •