Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Darksoft NG Multi is Released Feb 2018. Impressions Please.

Krizalid's Fashion Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    Looks like darksoft has tried to implement the fix I suggested above to their new menu released today. However instead of putting 0x0004 as mentioned they put 0x0040 instead. This means that fix will not work until its patched properly.
    Lol sooooo quality control is not a thing over there?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Looks like darksoft has tried to implement the fix I suggested above to their new menu released today. However instead of putting 0x0004 as mentioned they put 0x0040 instead. This means that fix will not work until its patched properly.
    Hi! I was gonna ask about this, Raz. The new firmware still has the logo corruption, does the previous patch still applies? or should anything be changed? I asked and they told me if the firmware is bad, simply reflashing with a good one should fix it, so no harm in trying, I guess.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Hi! I was gonna ask about this, Raz. The new firmware still has the logo corruption, does the previous patch still applies? or should anything be changed? I asked and they told me if the firmware is bad, simply reflashing with a good one should fix it, so no harm in trying, I guess.

Yes it does. If you have already put their new menu, simply change address 0x108 in prom from 0x0040 to 0x0004 with a hexeditor and reapply to their device (maybe its needed in both directories).
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Frenzy Football Player

Great job Raz! Shame they banned you, you would have been an asset to them sorting their shit lol.
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK View Post
    Great job Raz! Shame they banned you, you would have been an asset to them sorting their shit lol.
    Thanks, I'm not sure I would be that much help really cause my advise would have always been not to follow the design path they did (due to the issues they face now).

In their release notes for the new menu they say they are limiting support to 151 games (removing bootlegs and odd releases). I'm trying to understand what that means in real terms... Am I right to assume that means no hacks (like plus versions of some games), stuck in one version of each original game (it only supports 1 'World Heroes' revision of the 3 are currently available in MAME) and cannot load any homebrew stuff? Surely I must understand it wrong???

But anyway, at least its been confirmed my fix does actually resolve the first boot unibios splash screen issue their cart has (until they manage to place correct tiles there). From Mitsu's post in their forums its clear their new menu released today was sopposed to fix this issue (using the suggested patch), looks like somone made a typo and no one actually checked their new menu coding was working correctly before it was released.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Rugal's Thug

But anyway, at least its been confirmed my fix does actually resolve the first boot unibios splash screen issue their cart has (until they manage to place correct tiles there). From Mitsu's post in their forums its clear their new menu released today was sopposed to fix this issue (using the suggested patch), looks like somone made a typo and no one actually checked their new menu coding was working correctly before it was released.
    If the fix is for Unibios and they didn't test it on Unibios that must be the dumbest thing ever ..... no wonder they had so many quality control issues.

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

I copied and pasted razoola's post about the fix on a dutch forum, 2 guys I know there have the ds multi. One of them said he would suggest the info. Looks like he did and they listened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Rugal's Thug

Was there any noteworthy development wrt fixing the glitches and playing nice with Unibios?

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdownita View Post
    Was there any noteworthy development wrt fixing the glitches and playing nice with Unibios?
    TBH... I've lost interest in the whole affair...

The Darksoft NG multi was sorta a bit of a let down.... the issue they had is that they are in direct competition with the Neosd product which has been shown to work well...

Also the Neosd Pro is coming out soon... so why bother with this fubar... To me, they've already lost...

xROTx

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Agreed. The DS cart is a bust. The fact that pretty much all hype, bad or good, has died down considerably since its release demonstrates that whatever interest there was, along with future sales, has waned beyond recovery.

Thread Information