Darksoft NG Multi is Released Feb 2018. Impressions Please.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
October 2016 we show neosd, darsof says we stolen his sd reading code at the time he pretends to be a super hacker, obviously he has no clue about coding cause "sd reading code" is something that you get from free from the ARM manufacturer, there are tons of, no one has to even code that shit.

Then he starts telling people his device is about to be released and is better than us.

Latter in june 2017 he shows a video comparsing neosd with his cart, telling he will flash kof2k3 in 30 secconds, fact is that a guy does a stream in january of this device and is totally glitched and takes 1:15 secconds just to boot into the menu.

There is much more to say, such as him telling neosd was crap cause it wasn´t working on 4 and 6 slots (its not true btw, neosd works in any mvs or aes), and now he releases a manual telling his cart wont work on 4 and 6 slots boards.

This guy has spent 1 year and a half telling how good his device would be and how superior would be compared with neosd and now it looks like its shit.

He says that he has shipped units and sold a ton, but there are no reviews or coments about it.

BTW the real guy behind his cart is a french guy called NEOCPS1 , i still wonder how someone lets him to put his name on others products, just for money ?

Also, i want to let clear that his device has nothing to be with us or our device.

ok, I got it. Sounds like he tried to swamp your product with bad information.

NeoSD is a great product and last weekend I booted my neo for the first time in months to play SS2 with it. I think you left everyone here with a good experience, and that says a lot.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think you left everyone here with a good experience, and that says a lot.

We have tried that among any other thing. See what happened with SSDS3, at the end of the day we feel like any of our customers.
We do devices for ourselves and for people like us. As much as we sell, as bigger products we will be able to build, and this is the ultimate plan, build bigger things year after year.

We are trying to establish a strong company, not make money and run away

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We are trying to establish a strong company, not make money and run away
That is very reassuring. A community like ours needs support like that. Thank you.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That is very reassuring. A community like ours needs support like that. Thank you.

Totally agree with this. I've been on this forum for a long time. The NeoSD is an excellent cart!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
ok, I got it. Sounds like he tried to swamp your product with bad information.

NeoSD is a great product and last weekend I booted my neo for the first time in months to play SS2 with it. I think you left everyone here with a good experience, and that says a lot.

Ha! That was exactly why I jumped on mine a few weeks ago. I was waiting on the side by side comparison of the two before I made a decision.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The amount of drama and cult like behavior surrounding this product is just insane. It's fascinating to watch.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Yeah I agree with Todd, it took way too long to finish. I tried waiting because I like my Multi-CPS2, and figured I'd follow-up with their next hardware release (and at the time I knew nothing about terraonion other than the drama between the two parties), but after waiting and waiting for over a year I gave up on it. Now the money that was supposed to be for the DS NG Multi was spent on an SSDS3. You snooze, you lose!

I look forward to when those who've bought the DS cart come here for support.

Naw they have their own dedicated forum, unlike terraonion....oh! :O j/k neosd, I'm looking forward to your forum!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Perhaps if a NG.com member buys a Darksoft cart, I can borrow it off them for a little Flashcart shootout.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
@neosd / @neodev, I know you have have been busy with the SSDS3. But I was curious if you ever got a chance to investigate the PCM2 decryption? I know a work around was implemented for SSV/SSVS.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Perhaps if a NG.com member buys a Darksoft cart, I can borrow it off them for a little Flashcart shootout.

It would be for the first time an actual comparison with all the bullshit aside. I look forward to it.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have had a quick look over those live stream videos of the prototype of their device to see if that had the pixel issue that has now been reported on the released version. If you look at video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcE1RQLiI_k from around 6:25 you can see the same kind of corrupted pixel issue but not as bad as in the picture the guy posted. Its in the top of the 'O' in NEO and bottom right of 'E' in GEO, you might have to go full screen to see it but its there. Looking at the video the corruption scrolls with the sprites which confirms what neodev said (bits are wrong in RAM). I guess DS is going to have to find out why his RAM is corrupting.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
@neosd / @neodev, I know you have have been busy with the SSDS3. But I was curious if you ever got a chance to investigate the PCM2 decryption? I know a work around was implemented for SSV/SSVS.

Sorry, I didn't have time to work on that. I have a cart and a logic analyzer, I just need time now :)

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
it´s all about price and quality. If Darksofts product should be better than NeoSD, than it will be. He had more than one year to make it better. If it still sucks, you will know what you have if you bought a NeoSD. As Oliver said, competition is everything.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
it´s all about price and quality. If Darksofts product should be better than NeoSD, than it will be. He had more than one year to make it better. If it still sucks, you will know what you have if you bought a NeoSD. As Oliver said, competition is everything.

You do realise it isn't better right?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You do realise it isn't better right?

He's from Germany... you could put a cat on a skewer and claim it's candyfloss and he still would believe you...

xROTx

PS. Take the cash up front tho lachlan... then run away giggling...

EDIT. ON A SIDE NOTE:

9bbFwbf.png

gxudNni.png

How's the DS cart going pal?:keke:

K405

n00b
Will try another ad card before sending it PascalP if the problem persists.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Will try another ad card before sending it PascalP if the problem persists.

I'm surprised that the makers have not tried to help you on this matter other than suggest try a different SD card.

Question for you. Are the black dots in the darksoft 'A' and 'R' text static on screen and only move as the 'A' and 'R' moves?

What you want to do is this (I'm surprised noone in the ds forum has mentioned this yet)... Power off your neogeo. remove ds device from the NeoGeo for 2 minutes. Put it back on, power on and look at the menu again (same place as screenshot rot posted). Are the black dots in 'A' and 'R' gone, in the same place or moved to a different place?

Raz

Last edited:

K405

n00b
Did that already couple times, can't say with a 100% certainty that the faulty pixels are static. Need more time to test.

Tacitus

Staff member
Did that already couple times, can't say with a 100% certainty that the faulty pixels are static. Need more time to test.

Has anyone looked into whether it's a video blitter issue?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

yea, you really need to check that (what I suggested).

neosd

Neosd Developer
Has anyone looked into whether it's a video blitter issue?

it looks like a bad flash (from the menu graphics atleast), thats why Razoola is asking if the dots are always on the same place (i think ...), to determine if the same bytes are always being bad flashed on the same location of is it ramdom and different bytes are being affected with each flashing

I asume that if the dots are always on the same position, this is kinda good and could be fixed (it would be a bug), but if the dots are in different positions its something harder. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, Raz

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
it looks like a bad flash (from the menu graphics atleast), thats why Razoola is asking if the dots are always on the same place (i think ...), to determine if the same bytes are always being bad flashed on the same location of is it ramdom and different bytes are being affected with each flashing

Granted, my knowledge of the neo hardware is dilettante at best...

The issue with that would be, why is it so specific and static? Multiple flashes should at least correct that issue, unless it's some odd effect with overrun or speed of transfer.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Granted, my knowledge of the neo hardware is dilettante at best...

The issue with that would be, why is it so specific and static? Multiple flashes should at least correct that issue, unless it's some odd effect with overrun or speed of transfer.

Honestly, not trying to put shit on DS here, but it could be anything. From those flashes being written so fast to a bad contact on the flashes with the pcb (bad soldering) or anything else.

This is why its important to know if the same bytes are always affected, cause its more easy to determine the issue when you can reproduce it more than one time. Else is harder to address it