Darksoft NG Multi is Released Feb 2018. Impressions Please.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think we all want to hear good things but considering the history it's also acceptable to scrutinize their every move, I mean why shouldn't we? he didn't want to play ball here...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm one of the few people that post on both forms (thank you Rot) and I have little interest in wading through the bullshit of reporting my personal results here. Rot is allowing this thread to exist but some of you don't want to hear positive things.

I've held my tongue once to often to believe that now I can freely discuss DS products.

I have bought items from both sides and will remain neutral as I can't be bothered with feuds.

If you have a different opinion then everyone else, by all means share. If the product is indeed working as intended then sway the hearts and minds of the public.

I don't think anyone is opposed to a different opinion.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mine should ship in the next week or so. I have 3 MVSs I plan on checking and I have unibios or original bios to test. I don't mind testing, looking forward to it, and since I ordered in the first lot, I'm expecting updates to fix early issues with software.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You see lads...

I am keeping out of this mainly because I am genuinely interested in this device...

However.... here's the thing, it seems we have got a "soft Release" of this product...

ONLY the people who are in the inner circle have got this... and were used as Beta-Testers...

SSSOOO... here's the thingy... the real public are getting this soon.... and so I will wait and see...

Cold numbers states... 200 MVS pre-orders... = about $100K...

ALL I have read so far is of problems... so think on this... how much of that is gonna be refunded when the real guys get it...

It seems to me... that not only are they late to the party... they have created a far inferior product...

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Others got units too.

Just because Yodd got the revised sss3 is he part of neosd's inner circle? I thought it was because he's a fair reviewer and respected member.

I'd imagine if it was just his buddies they wouldn't be posting problems on the Internet and contact him discreetly.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Others got units too.

Just because Yodd got the revised sss3 is he part of neosd's inner circle? I thought it was because he's a fair reviewer and respected member.

I'd imagine if it was just his buddies they wouldn't be posting problems on the Internet and contact him discreetly.

?

What have I and the SSDS3 have to do with the topic at hand?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Others got units too.

Syn man...

Here's the fuckin' thing... whilst reading that thread... and all the issues... I realised... That NO ONE has posted that they had a great product...

I mean... fuckin' NO ONE....

Ok... let's get down to numbers...

200 pre-order...
Let's say 2 weeks in... 10 people got it... almost all of them complain of glitches...
YOU were in the first pre-order... you get yours NEXT week...

Let's imagine the scenario... where YOU Syn... get a cart with pixel issues... moving sprites across the page... bricking the cart... not being able to reset... finding your game list dissappears....

...and worse... that's not all the issues...

The advice you get currently on their forum is:

buy a new MicroSD card...
buy a new MVS Slot...
defrag your Micro SD card... :keke:... FFS...

Syn... I will sit back and watch this... BUT... you better hope to God (aka... me)... that this works for you... and the guys who brought it...

NG.com is what it is... and our memberbase has never been overly sympathetic to retards...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
?

Nothing Yodd...

Syn... Clutching at straws mentality... hoping against hope...

He aint wasted $500 usd... and killed his rep here...

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I thank you for the opportunity to post my findings Rot. ;)

I own one of the boards giving people problems and one that no one is mentioning so it'll be interesting.

My goal isn't to say one is better or shit as much as to check out an alternative and give feedback.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
?

Sorry Yodd it was in reference to the inner circle comment and I apologize for mentioning you.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I thank you for the opportunity to post my findings Rot. ;)

I own one of the boards giving people problems and one that no one is mentioning so it'll be interesting.

My goal isn't to say one is better or shit as much as to check out an alternative and give feedback.

Then... i will wait...

NG.com is what it is... i have always stated that...

A bullshit lie is a bullshit lie... and a crappy product is such...

HOWEVER... seeing as YOU brought in arguments mentioning other factors NOT concerning the current fubar that is this product... you will be viewed as a party without the scenes interests at heart...

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
What does the Darksoft PCB/Cart even look like? I still haven't see a real photo showing that this thing even exists.... Doesn't a member here have one? Where are the photos?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You've seen my posts here and elsewhere and I don't say something one place I wouldn't say here.

I'm on your radar but I love you Rot. If I ever am over in England, visiting family, I'm looking you up man.

Funny thing about my rep, I thought it was crap because I know Kenny :keke:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You've seen my posts here and elsewhere and I don't say something one place I wouldn't say here.

I'm on your radar but I love you Rot. If I ever am over in England, visiting family, I'm looking you up man.

Funny thing about my rep, I thought it was crap because I know Kenny :keke:

KPJ is my friend... I get a lot of crap over it...

But it is what it is....

I view a situation for what it is.... I had STATED... i was keeping out of this... but when i see bullshit on a massive scale... i find it hard to ignore...

... As for being on my radar... yeah...

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What does the Darksoft PCB/Cart even look like? I still haven't see a real photo showing that this thing even exists.... Doesn't a member here have one? Where are the photos?

I was wondering the same thing! There is a severe lack of photo/video evidence on the internet right now about this thing.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Just another aspect of the darksoft crew's way of handling things. Can't show pcb pics, can't elaborate on basically anything of technical interest. Why do that!? because it'd expose them to criticism.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Others got units too.

Syn,

I been trying to not reply on this thread anymore, but it seems you want to talk about us instead of stay on topic.

Yodd got the revised pcb mainly for one reason : WE WANTED TO KNOW WE DIDN´T HAVE A SECOND RGB ISSUE. If we have an issue, we want to know it before shipping anything, this is how we are.

So we thought the best way to be sure about that, it was to ship him one as soon as possible, cause he has proven to :
a) know what he is talking about
b) to have a wide range of equipment different than ours (OSSC and SONY PVM)

I told Yodd (and i think he can tell you that), that we have no problems about him doing a review telling things he dosen´t likes about SSDS3 (if he finds any) or pointing anything wrong (if he finds it). We both are fair and transparent, so don´t expect Yodd lying to please us, or we shipping a device knowing it has flaws.

-----We don´t ship devices having issues and knowing they have issues-----

If you don´t want to see the reality of whats happening with darsof flashcart, its your problem but take in mind that you got so many things to ignore about something isn´t going well there.

I will point you some :

He says that he has shipped 100 units but there are only about 12 guys reporting issues, while there is no one telling : "i don´t have this issue", just as happened with neosd launch.
He had to open a thread to ask people giving positive feedback about the device, so far no one has replied there.

darsof.jpg

If you think he has shipped 100 units, and the other 88 customers are playing without issues while the other 12 are reporting issues, you have a preception issue for sure.

I would say he has shipped 20 units and the other 8 still haven´t plugged the device.

BTW i really wish you the better experience with your device at all, but seeing whats happening so far i really doubt it will be this way:

Multiple different issues
No test firmwares sent to the customers so far, to guess where the source of those issues are.
They telling : we are waiting for X model of mvs to try it ? (haven´t you tried all different boards before ? WTF)
No one reporting not having a single issue.

What really scares me is that they are just pointing people forward for two weeks now with answers such as :
Rise the cluster size on the SD
We are going to investigate it
Noted

And such things.
They lack of instant tech support for sure, dunno if the lack of skills to solve all those issues aswel. Time will tell

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm sorry for dragging you back into this thread neosd.

Rather than cause more unnecessary issues, I'd like my next post in this thread a pic of the boards.

I would not argue Ford vs Chevrolet with Bill Ford Jr and I won't engage you either. Any comment I make is personal to you and not BSing.

You want to talk about Black Panther, I'm interested. :)

neosd

Neosd Developer
I'm sorry for dragging you back into this thread neosd.

Rather than cause more unnecessary issues, I'd like my next post in this thread a pic of the boards.

I would not argue Ford vs Chevrolet with Bill Ford Jr and I won't engage you either. Any comment I make is personal to you and not BSing.

You want to talk about Black Panther, I'm interested. :)

Honestly Syn,

I don´t want to write on this thread anymore, so if you can, please don´t force me to wirte about us again.

No one needs my coments here, i would love to talk as an user but this is not possible anymore cause i got my own interests and anything i may be writting here is being seen as a way to defend our product and attak theyrs.

If krikzz releases a neo geo cartridge or Deunan a pcengine ODE, you will not see me talking shit about them for sure. They may have a better or worst product than ours but so far they have proven not to be a fraud nor cheat on theyr customers. Fair enough to me.

Alex,

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Well, I also ordered one of these multicarts. I have an MV-2F and an MV-1C (none of which should have any problems according to info I've read on the forums). I also have a NeoSD which works very nicely, for my own comparison purposes, since I do not do reviews or videos or anything like that. I really hope the cart will work fine and I'll have two very nice multicarts for both my MVS boards.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
They are talking about pictures of what is inside the case.

NeoLucian

New Challenger
Been reading some more on the DS forum and users have been providing more feedback:

Some users are not having any of the graphical issues others have reported but have seen these problems:
- Games only boot about 1/5th of the time..
- Booting to black screen.
- Hanging on initialising file system message.
- Board gets stuck in a boot loop.
- Missing games from list.
- Cycling Slots (1 > 2 > 3 etc.) crashes the cart.
- Removing roms from slots does not always remove them (remain on reboot).
- Graphics issues (missing assets) with games in different slots (Top Players Golf will work in slot 1 but corrupted in slots 2 & 3).
- Cold booting the cart is losing menu options that have previously been set, its reverting back to default settings.
- Graphical glitches during flashing (corrupted menu text and garbage on screen).
- Random reboots during gameplay.
- Crashes when loading games into the slots (Shock Troopers).
- Crashes when playing games (Twinkle Star Sprites and Magical Drop 3).
- Cart was semi-bricked during one the crashes loading games into slots.
- 1 User reports it works in an Omega CMVS but still has graphical corruption when flashing games.
- Crashing to green screen when switching slots (Magician Lord (1) > Megal Slug 5 (2).
- Unresponsive inputs from buttons when trying to select games.

And another user (maybe 2) have reported having those same issues, I believe they are putting it down to compatability issues with different boards.
It seems the MV-1F, MV-1FS and the MV-1FT are not currently fully compatible with this cart.

I would have assumed DS would have had 2-3 versions of each board to test but it seems not as they are apparently ordering some in to test.
Im also amazed that people are sending their boards and carts to a 3rd party to have them checked rather than waiting for DS to issue FW updates.....crazy!

All boards are apparently checked before being dispatched by following this procedure:
- Firmware and menu written to cart.
- 3 games are written to the cart (1 per slot).
- They check each game works and then switch to the next.
- He doesnt say this part but im assuming he then wipes the slots so the games are gone.
- Carts are dispatched to the customer.

Current advice from DS:
- 4 and 6 slot boards - they are aware of problems and are advising not to use 4 or 6 slot boards.
- MV-1FZ and MV-2F - graphical issues with static pixel corruption and possibly RAM error.
- MV-1FS - No graphical issues but missing games and random crashing.
- Check Voltage and Current on PSU.
- Check your battery is good.
- Clear backup RAM.

Still not seen any pictures of the insides of the cart but a few of the sac'd shells have been shown.

q6a3K68_d.jpg

index.php

index.php