Ghost experiences

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No jokes about sitting on your hand till it falls asleep?
I'm disappointed in all of you.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well... He was interested in the shamanistic aspect of the expansion of the senses. Muddying the waters can provide insight too, it's all about interpretation. I just enjoy the way he tells it not necessarily buying into it. However he does communicate a lot based on the history of cults, drug use and the spirit world/altered states.
What he said about John Dee and the black mirror, the Eleunesian mysteries and his theory about the evolution of man and how it was affected by the consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms is entertaining at the very least.
He's a hippie, or was.

Oh, totally.

I'm comfortable with saying Jesus started a mushroom cult.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
isbthis like if you follow a snake up a river and it goes behind a tree with moss all over tbe roots tbat youpluck a black and red crystal eye out of or is that something different?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Hah would be amazing if true.

I don't remember the source, but I do remember reading that hallucinogenic mushrooms did grow in the caves around his parts and during that particular time.

"These are my shrooms, which shall be given up for you."

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
would you kill people for your ghost waifu?
this guy did (quite poorly though)

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Has anyone here had an experience with seeing a ghost?
I mean, where you unequivocally saw one?
Does anyone watch "A Haunting" on cable TV?

Yup. I've seen, felt, smelt and heard ghosts. I'm a believer.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I see auras around people, energy eminating from plants, rocks, planets, etc.. outlines of other creatures like elves, dragons, angels and tricksters, shapeshifters, orbs swarming around in the sky, subtle voices lol

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
There are no such things as ghosts.

I used to think the same, I thought it was all BS. But I tell you what, if you spend enough time in a place where there were mass casualties/suffering you'll eventually run into something.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I used to think the same, I thought it was all BS. But I tell you what, if you spend enough time in a place where there were mass casualties/suffering you'll eventually run into something.

It's respectful to walk in such places

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't believe in ghosts and have never had an experience with one, but, on the other hand, I have read a lot of books about real life ghost stories over the years and some of that stuff just can't be rationally or scientifically explained, so, one has to wonder . . .

StevenK

10 Year Member
I don't believe in ghosts and have never had an experience with one, but, on the other hand, I have read a lot of books about real life ghost stories over the years and some of that stuff just can't be rationally or scientifically explained, so, one has to wonder . . .

Normally the lack of a rational answer is evidence that people often aren't rational

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have although I would not use the term ghosts at all but rather spirits. I've seen all sorts in my time.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Never seen anything to make me believe...
I've heard some people say that the reason I can't see them, is because I don't believe.
Kind of some dumb circular logic going on with that.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
You just need to say "hey!! how's it going!?" to the ghost, put on some music and start dancing next to it.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So, sure this is going to get some heat, but why do people get up in arms that people believe in the supernatural? Honest question every time one of these threads pop up you get a bunch shitting on the idea of supernatural worse then christians demand they believe in the one true god. Religious nusts being zealots because they want an afterlife I get but the opposite seems pretty fucked up.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
simple?
as hoomans we understand/know everything and are the only iintelligent things in the universe:cool:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits. Also, maybe bigfoot.

StevenK

10 Year Member
So, sure this is going to get some heat, but why do people get up in arms that people believe in the supernatural? Honest question every time one of these threads pop up you get a bunch shitting on the idea of supernatural worse then christians demand they believe in the one true god. Religious nusts being zealots because they want an afterlife I get but the opposite seems pretty fucked up.

It's a good question, so rather than giving a standard shitty answer I had a think and will try to answer honestly.

I think it irks me personally because, like religion, it's the belief in something without evidence. Once you are happy to remove the need for evidence (and I mean genuine evidence, not just testament) then what's the point in trying to talk about anything or further ourselves in anything?

For me it's just another sign that we as a race will forever more be burning the demons out of children and all the other endless piles of shit that people do in the name of superstition and deities.

Let me qualify this by saying there are definitely fantastical things that I don't believe in due to a lack of evidence that will turn out to be true, no question, but I just can't bring myself to blindly believe in them beforehand.